2.1.1 Realm of Trial Changes Concerns

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 16 Next
After doing trials and completing one GR, players should be able to choose to spawn a GR of any level up to the max they completed.

This would remove pointless layers of annoyance.

The only points of these GRs is to level gems and "compete" on seasons if you actually care about such things. Exp, items, gold, etc., are all far inferior in GRs. There's no good reason to make the qualifier be a boring waste of time to boot.

Whatever the devs thought would be awesome for the players was not awesome for the players. Time for them to admit they were wrong - about three hundred times faster than with the AH, please.
Get rid of trials please. Just enable to use a slider to select which grift level you want to play at, up to the maximum level you have completed.
I have a question, why do people want to start at the very top possible with as little work as possible? Im all for making changes that makes sense, but taking away content just so you can get what you want with very little work is not the point of greater rifts and detrimental to the progress of this game and its content. If you want GR50, do the work, pass the trial test and be rewarded.
09/24/2014 08:49 AMPosted by Easterbunny
Well put.

Now make a TLDR version for the ADD crowd.

No. Screw that. You either read it or don't.
09/26/2014 07:10 AMPosted by FallenSouls
I have a question, why do people want to start at the very top possible with as little work as possible?

They don't.

If you read what they typed, you would learn that they are saying that if they have completed a GR37 in the past, they find it incredibly obnoxious to have to do 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 all over again, just to get to a G37, which may or most likely may not, upgrade a gem.

tl;dr

They don't want to spend two hours in line for a chance to tilt at a windmill.
BLUE/ADMIN
Please take into consideration to lift the cap of possible trial key number. With the announcement of upcoming hotfix you virtually can't get higher than a 46-47 - And that's with the best possible combination of gear and classes.

In a theoretical optimal party, with the announcement of upcomign hotfix, the highest key you would be able to get is going to have a bottleneck around there Just like the old system, only lower - still unfair for people trying to beat old records..

If you instead readjustt the hp of mobs in grifts by 1-3% for each grift level, you could advance from grift XXto grift XX+1 after about 9 successfull gem upgrades - if you play an offensive class.

This would make the progression of the leaderboards more fun and would allways progress day by day.
I mean when you once reach lvl ~50 on gem.. You want higher,right? Why? To get ahead and to pwn some more ofcourse.

What's also very important is to balance the mob density and use some kind of hp-scaling mechanic of jailer/frozen based on hp% instead of raw damage. This would mean alot for the community and the majority of players wether they are paragon 400/600+.

There are many more things to balance but this would be a good start for "endless progression"
09/26/2014 07:19 AMPosted by Derah
I have a question, why do people want to start at the very top possible with as little work as possible?

They don't.

If you read what they typed, you would learn that they are saying that if they have completed a GR37 in the past, they find it incredibly obnoxious to have to do 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 all over again, just to get to a G37, which may or most likely may not, upgrade a gem.

tl;dr

They don't want to spend two hours in line for a chance to tilt at a windmill.

Why not though? Is being at this level not rewarding enough? I think that is the issue. Everyone screamed balance forcing the devs to make everything incredibly linear. There is very little reward, A bunch of essentially the same gear that is no better then anyone elses gear. Time and time again i have seen people moan and groan about a weapon/gear set that was deemed to be "buggy" or god forbid overpowered. Is this not what people asked for to begin with? Extremely linear gear and very little reward for much effort. there is no totally out of this world rare gear that would normally be present in a genre of this nature. i dunno i been gaming 30 years, it use to be if you were great you were rewarded with finding that really awesome mythical sword after spending days and weeks looking for the parts or something equally thrilling.

Really it is not the mechanics, its the grind and honestly people moaned and groaned till they pigeon holed themselves into the exact source of the problem we face here. of course the devs could get a little more creative in the department of gear that stands out, but sometimes i wonder if they afraid to, because anything good just gets shot down. All grind, no reward. That is what we asked for
If you want to keep the current system as it:

1) Make trials worth 5 minutes of our time. In other words, it should shell out ever increasing rewards as we get higher waves. So at 5 minutes, we should be getting at least the T6 reward for completing a rift.

2) Make Greater Rifts worth crawling through to get to the highest rift.
Every rift above 25, should give MORE gold, MORE exp, MORE legendaries than T6. They should scale appropriately in reward according to level.

This would help bring the focus into Greater Rifts being something WORTH doing.
09/25/2014 03:19 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The Realm of Trials is designed to test your limits and, as accurately as possible, assess what level of Greater Rift you should be tackling. However, we also want there to be a small “safe zone” before reaching this limit, so completing the Realm of Trials should ideally land you a couple of tiers below your maximum capability. The Trials, up to this point, weren’t achieving this, so we’ve been working for some time to adjust them internally.

The adjustments to the Realm of Trials in Patch 2.1.1 had a few goals. First, we wanted to more consistently test your survivability. High damaging creatures weren't always spawning in each pack, which means your Toughness wasn't always being properly evaluated. Second, we wanted the Trials to feel less punishing for melee characters. And third, we wanted to mirror the monster variety you'd experience in a Greater Rift as best as possible. While the experience won't be identical, it should be reasonably close.

The changes to address these issues are as follows:
  • We've adjusted how monsters will spawn during a trial. As part of this adjustment, we recategorized monsters into different “pools.” In the case of the Realm of Trials, a “pool” is a set of potential monster spawns that all have a specific theme. Different pools now include low hit point creatures that die quickly, slightly meatier “mid-ranged” enemies, tanky damage-soakers, and more consistent damage-dealers.)
  • With this, we ensured that least one monster type from each “pool” spawns dependably.
  • Monsters that run or kite frequently were removed from the spawn pools to improve the experience for melee players. To a lesser extent, this also lowers the need for players to have a “vortex” ability.

Finally, we realized that the reduction in keystone tier for multiplayer groups was too harsh. It’s intended that you receive a keystone lower than your theoretical maximum. The increased reduction for player groups helps counterbalance the higher capabilities of a group, especially when considering class diversity and buff sharing. We overshot that counterbalance initially, but this will be adjusted with [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14579008081?page=1#2"]an upcoming hotfix[/url].

Instead of this madness, can't you just let us pick from a menu what level greater rift we can chose to enter? (up to what we've already beaten, plus 1)
The Realm of Trials is designed to test your limits and, as accurately as possible, assess what level of Greater Rift you should be tackling.

I find it amazing that something as obvious as this had to be explained to the gaming/mathematical geniuses here.
Chill guys they are working really hard to make us leave D3...perhaps then ..som1 will move them from D3 project to somthing that they really want to and will enjoy.

Always so many promises and so little is actually done...and yet simple fixs need to be tested months...same as new things ...
D3 is not that bad...but ppl that are working on it at this moment are...
I have a question, why do people want to start at the very top possible with as little work as possible? Im all for making changes that makes sense, but taking away content just so you can get what you want with very little work is not the point of greater rifts and detrimental to the progress of this game and its content. If you want GR50, do the work, pass the trial test and be rewarded.

I have a question, why do you want to faceroll easy greater rifts?

If the rewards are too much, then nerf them.

Scrap trials now.
09/26/2014 12:01 AMPosted by ByR
Remove trials please, it's not funny to play them, and it's very frustrating trying to get exactly the rift stone that you want. You should choose the level you want if you passed it, i completed GR37? ok, i can choose GR1-37, c'mon, it's easy.

Stop wasting resources and time fixing a frustrating part of the game, remove it and FIX THE GREATER RIFTS.

This, precisely. Please listen to your playerbase. GRifts are what need tweaking. Trials are a waste of OUR and YOUR time. Its a dumb gate that no one likes. Please get rid of trials.
Well your calculator doesnt work very well... I can clear maybe Grift 27 and i end up getting Grift 30-> easily every time with my barbarian. Okey it's kinda nice that i can get bigger stones but it starts to be very frustrating(and not fun at all) to run in Grift where just about everything 1- or 2-shots you and it takes 30min+ finish it. At least let us resurrect normally so we don't have to run from last checkpoint after Grift clock runs to zero coz there's no point prolong the pain if the Grift is already failed.
Whole patch notes are script for stand-up comedy. All parts of it are just jokes and spot on non existand QA department.

Kadala cost 5 times expensive but drop wasn't five times boosted = QA fail (patch notes joke)
No one at Bliizard thinks about lack of veiled crystals after risong cost = QA fail (patch notes joke)
Elites now spam affixes like mad. Patch notes stay they did added delay to one affix but removed delay on others completely?. I never did seem to 2 freezing pulse stars at once, now nearly every pack whos using it = QA fail (patch notes joke)
Better Trials, now my crusader always roll 4 levels behind his max and I must do one steamrolling GR before I can really work on GR on my par. I do always shift by 3 or 4 after my 1st GR trial. QA fail (patch notes joke)

etc.

Sorry but I won't like this stand-up comedy script and I won't laught at it.
I get the feeling the dev team feels like they have added more game by having trial rifts be a part of the process. In fact they have simply added more tedium, these are not fun people do not enjoy them. Why do you want to make us feel like we're working with our recreational time? The whole damn process should be sacked and we should be able to choose a rift up to what has previously been completed. This has been said many times by others and I think it's probably the best way to go.
This design concept is so terrible it makes me laugh. If blizzard ever got rid of there forums, I am not sure it would matter or make a difference to be honest. They ask us for (feedback) on something, but do nothing to actually address the main issue. They don't work with the majority of the players who make comments and suggestions about something wrong with greater rifts. When in reality those are the players that they designed this greater rift system for in the first place.

For my gameplay experience it doesn't matter what happens to greater rifts. Why, you ask? Mainly cause I do not even play them often. I am not trying to get to the top spot. I eventually probably would want to but now that could be pointless. It was pretty much not possible to do in a certain time frame because of gear drops. Now it is just not even possible at all.

Why are the trials even on a timer in the first place. I can understand the greater rift but not the trials. It would have made sense to have the trial last until you died or something. You cant beat time especially when the mobs are so spread out the AI isn't smart enough to find you and attack you.

Feedback: The giving or sending of information of something from witch information can be obtained about the value, effect, or result of an action or process to the controlling source.

We are using the forums to send you information about greater rifts so you can maybe do something to make it balance and fair. That is what most people in here are commenting about, especially the fact that it is not fair to them to try and beat a flawed design. To make it fair you do need to reset leaderboards or make new leaderboards saying it was after patch 2.1.1. Don't cover up a mistake by another mistake.
09/25/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Unicorn
Second, we wanted the Trials to feel less punishing for melee characters.

You did the exact opposite, you made it more punishing for melee classes. Do the people at blizzard even play the game they're developing?

My garbage Barb got a Grift 25 key last night. And I got WRECKED on the first blue mob set. I was thinking the Trial felt too easy....