2.1.1 Realm of Trial Changes Concerns

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 16 Next
These trials wouldn't be so bad if when I finally level a stone up a few levels to what difficultly I am on I don't get screwed over by failing that rift simply because I cannot find a damn thing to kill. Does blizzard have any idea how frustrating it is to lose because of that and only due to it? Even though I don't die and even though I kill the rift boss in a decent time I still fail because I had to run down 4 long twisting levels with 3 mobs here followed by a long empty space and maybe an elite followed by more emptiness.

The trials don't reflect rifts, trying to kill every in a Grift is a sure way to fail so why have a trial where every single mob has to to be killed? Either put a slider letting us choose the highest rift we have done or fix the damn density or preferably do both.

Having to level up a stone 2-3 levels and then the failure of that rift being predetermined because of density RNG is just flat out idiotic.
Trial Keys are very easy to get.

We don't need a safe zone. If we find ourself in a rift that too difficult, we can always get another key.

We also aren't stupid, we can cut out of a trial scenario by kiting around if we want to get a lower key.

The whole trial rift should only be used for people who don't know what they can do.

After that, everyone should be able to buy the key they need.
09/25/2014 03:19 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The Realm of Trials is designed to test your limits and, as accurately as possible, assess what level of Greater Rift you should be tackling. However, we also want there to be a small “safe zone” before reaching this limit, so completing the Realm of Trials should ideally land you a couple of tiers below your maximum capability.

Two points:
1. I thought the GRifts were designed to test a player's limits? If the trial does the job, why bother wasting 15 minutes doing GRifts?
2. What's the purpose of a "safe zone"? What's wrong with players pushing for a level slightly higher than they can normally handle? If the GRifts of the same level are pretty much equalized, they'll consistently die so they'll know not to push too hard in the trials. For HC this is a non-issue, because dying in a trial is the same as dying in a GRift.
09/25/2014 07:27 PMPosted by Phatty
Trial Keys are very easy to get.

We don't need a safe zone. If we find ourself in a rift that too difficult, we can always get another key.

We also aren't stupid, we can cut out of a trial scenario by kiting around if we want to get a lower key.

The whole trial rift should only be used for people who don't know what they can do.

After that, everyone should be able to buy the key they need.

yup its really high tech stuff isnt it
I mean in the end its quite simple for me at least:

No chance to do high trials -> no time to play all these grifts -> cant compete at the leaderboard anymore -> no sense in playing for me anymore and i am definitely not alone with this.

So roll it back or do a better hotfix with much with much lower requirements like - 2 on 4 players not - 6. That is as useless as it was before -.-
09/25/2014 06:45 PMPosted by Nevalistis
I've made some adjustments to the original post that lend additional context. Hopefully that makes some of these changes a little clearer:

The Realm of Trials is designed to test your limits and, as accurately as possible, assess what level of Greater Rift you should be tackling. However, we also want there to be a small “safe zone” before reaching this limit, so completing the Realm of Trials should ideally land you a couple of tiers below your maximum capability. The Trials, up to this point, weren't achieving this, so we've been working for some time to adjust them internally.

That said, I appreciate the constructive feedback that's been presented so far. Thanks so much, we'll be passing it on. :)

I never pull out my authenticator. Literally. I had to go find it.

Trials is broken now, more broken than before. Lets say you were trying to even the playing field for melee, but the thing is that melee aren't happy. They've been complaining all day about how it is worse than before. You take two steps forward and three steps back. Please stop.

P.S. And three steps behind Blizzard North whatever you do....just take what you've succeeded with and then take a *bit* of consumer feedback and profit. All you gotta do.

P.P.S. Because the success you've had so far is due to the feedback of your consumers...maybe a model for the future? Maybe?
I think they definitely did screw things up. We should be getting a key set to the level we stop at. It just makes things more tedious. I don't want to do 4 to 6 greater rifts just to get to the greater rift level I'm at. It's just annoying as hell, especially since greater rifts are meant to be a challenge.

I'd be fine if it was like -2 levels from what I stopped at. That should be enough of a flex space while minimizing wasted time spent on such lower level rifts.
Thank you blizzard for not jumping on the remove content bandwagon and instead making more then reasonable adjustments to a very fun feature of the game and the greater rift process.
09/25/2014 06:22 PMPosted by kaminokage
I have a feeling that one of the "Trials" Game Designers is playing mostly with Demon Hunter and so "Rift Trials" were designed to be "cleared" with DH. The fact is that most of other characters just s*ck during Trials :D

the thing is, if they make rift trials "friendly" for melee ... its gonna end up super buffing DH's.
I wouldn't mind being 4 to 6 levels lower than what I scored if Greater Rifts were quicker to finish but they aren't so really it should be closer to what you score I think.
09/25/2014 07:45 PMPosted by Gr8Hornytoad
09/25/2014 07:42 PMPosted by FallenSouls
Thank you blizzard for not jumping the remove content bandwagon and instead making more then reasonable adjustments to a very fun feature of the game and the greater rift process.

Your exactly like the devs. Your an endgame virgin.

I understand being a sarcasm virgin is hard, but please, don't punish the rest of us pessimists.

Edit:
09/25/2014 07:45 PMPosted by Philmors
I wouldn't mind being 4 to 6 levels lower than what I scored if Greater Rifts were quicker to finish but they aren't so really it should be closer to what you score I think.

Agreed.
09/25/2014 06:45 PMPosted by Nevalistis
I've made some adjustments to the original post that lend additional context. Hopefully that makes some of these changes a little clearer:

The Realm of Trials is designed to test your limits and, as accurately as possible, assess what level of Greater Rift you should be tackling. However, we also want there to be a small “safe zone” before reaching this limit, so completing the Realm of Trials should ideally land you a couple of tiers below your maximum capability. The Trials, up to this point, weren't achieving this, so we've been working for some time to adjust them internally.

That said, I appreciate the constructive feedback that's been presented so far. Thanks so much, we'll be passing it on. :)

Please pass on that for the first time in this games history the entire community agrees on something, and that something is we all hate the trial system and wish for it to die a swift death.
09/25/2014 07:50 PMPosted by Gr8Hornytoad
judging by his profile, it's probably not sarcasm lol.

I don't need to see his profile....it's sarcasm, right?

I mean come on, really?

I'm laughing at the NAOOOWWWWW that just went over your head man.
judging by the attitudes of some of you, no wonder the devs ignore you. cant handle a opinion that differs yours? Well do some growing up
09/25/2014 07:52 PMPosted by FallenSouls
judging by the attitudes of some of you, no wonder the devs ignore you. cant handle a opinion that differs yours? Well do some growing up

Everyone who plays this game right now at a competitive level agrees. Apparently you don't compete?
09/25/2014 07:51 PMPosted by Isms
09/25/2014 07:50 PMPosted by Gr8Hornytoad
judging by his profile, it's probably not sarcasm lol.

I don't need to see his profile....it's sarcasm, right?

I mean come on, really?

I'm laughing at the NAOOOWWWWW that just went over your head man.

thank you sir may i have another