2.1.1 Realm of Trial Changes Concerns

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 16 Next
09/25/2014 07:53 PMPosted by baggins
09/25/2014 07:51 PMPosted by Isms

I don't need to see his profile....it's sarcasm, right?

I mean come on, really?

I'm laughing at the NAOOOWWWWW that just went over your head man.

thank you sir may i have another

Glad someone appreciates genius when it presents itself...unintelligent genius ^^
09/25/2014 07:52 PMPosted by FallenSouls
judging by the attitudes of some of you, no wonder the devs ignore you. cant handle a opinion that differs yours? Well do some growing up

curious what do you find fun about trials?

and

cant you see how flawed they are?
09/25/2014 07:53 PMPosted by Isms
judging by the attitudes of some of you, no wonder the devs ignore you. cant handle a opinion that differs yours? Well do some growing up

Everyone who plays this game right now at a competitive level agrees. Apparently you don't compete?

You don't even need to be at a competitive level, even if you just want to compete against yourself and improve it's extremely frustrating to do with the current system. Blizzard just need to swallow their pride, admit they made a huge mistake and remove the system altogether. They've done a lot right since RoS, but they really screwed the pooch on this one.
They need a 'pool' for a buncha monsters that will run in separate directions when a melee character is completing a trial.
09/25/2014 07:35 PMPosted by Isms
P.S. And three steps behind Blizzard North whatever you do....just take what you've succeeded with and then take a *bit* of consumer feedback and profit. All you gotta do.

P.P.S. Because the success you've had so far is due to the feedback of your consumers...maybe a model for the future? Maybe?
Just an FYI
Things players "wanted" but were actually pretty bad for the game:

1) 4 difficulty settings through the story
2) RMAH
3) Rare items better than Legendary items
etc... etc... mostly all D3v stuff.

In general, players don't know what they want out of a game. And if player X wants something, player Y does not. Let the developers develop. If you dislike it, don't play it. That sends the clearest message possible.
09/25/2014 07:55 PMPosted by Isms

thank you sir may i have another

Glad someone appreciates genius when it presents itself...unintelligent genius ^^

maybe I'm unintelligent for asking this but are you calling me unintelligent?
09/25/2014 07:55 PMPosted by baggins

and

What is there not fun about them? It is a great test to see how much you can handle in a time frame. Albeit im not a almighty above all diablo pro, but i do very much enjoy the challenge that the trials offers. Reminds me of the old never ending dungeons. Would be perfect it you could loot as well.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Everyone who plays this game right now at a competitive level agrees. Apparently you don't compete?

You don't even need to be at a competitive level, even if you just want to compete against yourself and improve it's extremely frustrating to do with the current system. Blizzard just need to swallow their pride, admit they made a huge mistake and remove the system altogether. They've done a lot right since RoS, but they really screwed the pooch on this one.

Wholeheartedly agree and that is why you agree with me on the fact that it is on a competitive level. You cannot even compete with yourself right? That is still competitive and still responds to my comment on the fact that they took three steps forward with the original update/patch and three steps backward with their #*#*#%@# in the butt of the season changes, not even beginning with trials.

P.S.

maybe I'm unintelligent for asking this but are you calling me unintelligent?

In a word. No. But that ruins the joke.

and

What is there not fun about them? It is a great test to see how much you can handle in a time frame. Albeit im not a almighty above all diablo pro, but i do very much enjoy the challenge that the trials offers. Reminds me of the old never ending dungeons. Would be perfect it you could loot as well.

Would you like to go into the same test repeatedly, after proving yourself to complete it, so you can test yourself again in the super duper bada$$ery of the level itself after? Just a tiny bit redundant right? Perhaps?

09/25/2014 08:03 PMPosted by Rev
If people wanted to run a grift a little below their limits, they'd just sandbag the trial to get a lower rift key.

The way this is setup, the trial now just includes another 15 minutes of wasted time to get an appropriate key.

THIS TIMES 9000!!!!!!
I am working on my DH, so I can get higher trial keys.

Don't make us all have to roll a gosu DH to get higher trial keys.
If people wanted to run a grift a little below their limits, they'd just sandbag the trial to get a lower rift key.

The way this is setup, the trial now just includes another 15 minutes of wasted time to get an appropriate key.
09/25/2014 07:59 PMPosted by FallenSouls
09/25/2014 07:55 PMPosted by baggins

and

are you talking about trials or grifts because trials last a couple of mins and usually give out the wrong grift key # if you're not a dh
09/25/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Phatty
I am working on my DH, so I can get higher trial keys.

Don't make us all have to roll a gosu DH to get higher trial keys.

thats what i'll be doing when i play again just cant bring myself to do it

really f up that we are forced into this
I can see the frustration from those at a much higher level, but as a competitive pro or what ever yall got going on, shouldnt that be part of the territory? I mean heck at my level and lowly profile as pointed out, i get frustrated but that is part of the game. i think we can all agree regardless of your profile, rank, pro status etc all that stuff that makes your opinion obviously so much more valuable then other customers, that we do not need a game where is becomes boringly easy to get what you want when you want and how you want? Myself i want a game i got to work for things, not a cake walk
I can see the frustration from those at a much higher level, but as a competitive pro or what ever yall got going on, shouldnt that be part of the territory? I mean heck at my level and lowly profile as pointed, i get frustrated but that is part of the game. i think we can all agree regardless of your profile, rank, pro status etc all that stuff that makes your opinion obviously so much more valuable then other customers, that we do not need a game where is becomes boringly easy to get what you want when you want and how you want? Myself i want a game i got to work for things, not a cake walk

The problem lies a few things.

1) Trial Key runs are - not rewarding, boring, repetitive, and fairly useless after getting your basic strength. If say trial runs were worth more at the END, maybe people wouldn't complain so much about it.

2) T6 Rifts are more efficient at getting GEAR, GOLD, and EXP than greater rifts. - so the only reason to do Grifts are basically
A) Leaderboards
B) Personal Fun/Improvement
C) Leveling up Gems.

A and C obviously are issues because of the change people who are now at the top of the leaderboards will be exponentially harder to catch up to - and they also have Gems that give significant increases of damage.

In regards to B, if you know you can do rift 32 but keep on getting rift 28 keys, well - that's very annoying to play to rift 33. Especially when a T6 rift will be much more efficient.

Hence, the only rift WORTH going for is the one that will either 1) move you up on your personal achievement 2) move you up on leaderboards or 3) move up your gem.

If greater rifts gave more exp/gear/gold, then they would be worth climbing.
09/25/2014 08:10 PMPosted by FallenSouls
I can see the frustration from those at a much higher level, but as a competitive pro or what ever yall got going on, shouldnt that be part of the territory? I mean heck at my level and lowly profile as pointed out, i get frustrated but that is part of the game. i think we can all agree regardless of your profile, rank, pro status etc all that stuff that makes your opinion obviously so much more valuable then other customers, that we do not need a game where is becomes boringly easy to get what you want when you want and how you want? Myself i want a game i got to work for things, not a cake walk

Cake walk eh.... The stress a poor rng GR35 brings me causes my grip to get to a point that I can break a portable mouse.

To be honest in Diablo 2 you could get a fully geared character in two weeks if you put the time in. That was fun. For years. And years. And years and years. Tired of this argument.

And this.
09/25/2014 08:15 PMPosted by Blackglitch

Cake walk eh.... The stress a poor rng GR35 brings me causes my grip to get to a point that I can break a portable mouse.

And honestly, paragon 139 and you're passing judgement on 40+ Grift trials? Go play some more please.

Even if you were referring to your 374 paragons, a WD, Monk, and Crusader a competitive player do not make...especially spread between the three. Try 400+ on a single character.