Crusader Shield Bash

Crusader
What was the purpose of doing this to Shield Bash.

Wasn't Roland's set already pretty worthless compared to Akhan Condemn build?
Clearly you don't know how to have fun.
Makes no Damn sense thats the point. Make a rather ineffective build even worse is what it does. So much wrong with rolands and shield bash to begin with Starting with High resource cost for low dmg output and a whack 6pc set that should be a 4pc at best.

Crusader has awful wrath generation outside of Ahkrans. Rolands set what obviously duct taped together without any real thought. Just look at how poorly designed and ugly the armor is lol. Dunce cap for a helm.
I have tried to make Roland's work. I just don't think its possible to do t6 efficiently like Akhan + Condemn.
So any response on why this was necessary? This is the only set I find fun on the crusader.
09/23/2014 02:16 PMPosted by Gadra
Makes no Damn sense thats the point. Make a rather ineffective build even worse is what it does. So much wrong with rolands and shield bash to begin with Starting with High resource cost for low dmg output and a whack 6pc set that should be a 4pc at best.

Crusader has awful wrath generation outside of Ahkrans. Rolands set what obviously duct taped together without any real thought. Just look at how poorly designed and ugly the armor is lol. Dunce cap for a helm.

actually im pretty sure you can get some wrath regen on shield + Weapon and get up to about 20 wrath per second with Akkhan (rune that increases wrath to 10 regen)

which = 1 cast per second on anything with akkhan set. (on anything that costs 40.. ) 20/30 can probably be cast infiinitely if geared properly.

even with a mere 8.75 regen without akkhan i find it hard to run out of wrath while Akkhan is up (Firestarter)..
Zaruen, thats not the problem. The problem is Roland's Set. Its a 6 piece set. You can't use both sets at one time to get Akhans wrath regen.
It's all about build diversity.

They needed to nerf it to be in line with other, less effective, skills.

Let's face reality: Shield Bash was OP~!

Now that it's fixed, you have more options.

Sure, no one asked for this change, but many of life's most significant moments are unexpected.

Shield Bash 4 Life!
Shield Bash was OP?

I'm sorry but its a 6 piece set.

It's no where near jade or firebirds.
Some misconceptions going on in this thread.

First, Roland's is efficient and T6 viable. Can even be quite good for it. It doesn't compare for higher greater rifts to the big 3 Akkhan set builds and needs some tweaking in that regard, but just talking T6 it is very much viable and efficient.

Second, this change to shield bash is a very minor and quality of life good thing actually. It makes it so you can use your abilities now while in the middle of holding down shield bash, whereas before you couldn't. That means you can pop your defensive cooldown, or shield glare, or bowmen and it will actually go off now when you need it to instead of ending up dead because you were pushing it but unable to have it take effect. Mostly noticeable the higher you go in GRifts.

The wording on the change makes it sound like a bad thing, or a nerf, but in play it really isn't. I have already noticed the change and it is a good thing overall.
09/23/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Zaruen

actually im pretty sure you can get some wrath regen on shield + Weapon and get up to about 20 wrath per second with Akkhan (rune that increases wrath to 10 regen)

which = 1 cast per second on anything with akkhan set. (on anything that costs 40.. ) 20/30 can probably be cast infiinitely if geared properly.

even with a mere 8.75 regen without akkhan i find it hard to run out of wrath while Akkhan is up (Firestarter)..

I'm pretty sure you didn't even read what he said so let me quote it for you:

Crusader has awful wrath generation outside of Ahkrans.

And then you say:

up to about 20 wrath per second with Akkhan
The problem is that Crusaders are married to Akkhan 4p and 6p to keep their Wrath manageable. The moment you separate Crusaders from these bonuses, their power plummets. It doesn't even matter what build you're running, it's always stronger with Akkhan's supporting it. The harsh truth is that the devs designed Crusaders with only one set; and the intention is that every endgame Crusader is using Akkhan's. It's no mystery why Crusaders can handle endgame content only if they're using Akkhan's builds.

Worth making the hilarious sidenote: Stampede > shotgun = condemn

Whether or not shotgun or condemn is better depends 100% on map/density RNG. The moral of the story is to start going pony build.
Best thing about pony build is waller. You'll be breezing through everything, then run into waller and get shut down. So annoying! But it really is our best spec for pushing content/Grifts.

Low DPS? Obviously you haven't played Roland's build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jsachun-1338/hero/50493071

The build in the link above, exactly as it is without any additional gear is already hitting for 20 to 30million. It's Glass Canon of Crusaders.

Clear the thrash mobs and here come Roland to take RG out in few seconds.
09/23/2014 03:46 PMPosted by Jsachun

The build in the link above, exactly as it is without any additional gear is already hitting for 20 to 30million. It's Glass Canon of Crusaders.

Shield Bash dps is really, really low. It's somewhere around 1/3 of shotgun for a single target.
Shield bash with piro shield and and arkhans is totally free. IF you can spam it, it does okay damage. Better single dam than stampede, but stampede gets the juggle which is just so awesome.
09/23/2014 03:18 PMPosted by Acronen
Second, this change to shield bash is a very minor and quality of life good thing actually. It makes it so you can use your abilities now while in the middle of holding down shield bash, whereas before you couldn't. That means you can pop your defensive cooldown, or shield glare, or bowmen and it will actually go off now when you need it to instead of ending up dead because you were pushing it but unable to have it take effect. Mostly noticeable the higher you go in GRifts.

The wording on the change makes it sound like a bad thing, or a nerf, but in play it really isn't. I have already noticed the change and it is a good thing overall.

Dead on assessment. I understand how the wording in the patch note could be misinterpreted. The intent of this change is to allow the Shield Bash animation to be ended early by the player in order to allow for more fluid play. All attacks in the game currently work this way, and Shield Bash was an outlier, so we've fixed that.

We've had a lot of feedback on Shield Bash "feeling clunky" and this was an issue we identified to smooth it out. Give it a try and let us know how it feels. We're eager to know!
hello, would you please comment on the greater rift trials? its much worste then before and all of us want an answer on why you went this way, and if u see the downsides (and didnt see them before?//how do you justify going your route if you saw them before?)

please explain, im confused, on how such a bad decision could go live
09/23/2014 03:46 PMPosted by Jsachun

you might want to check my profile before u make assumptions. Shield bash and Rolands is not good. Its slow okay dps at best compared to other options.
09/23/2014 03:22 PMPosted by TheCondemned

I'm pretty sure you didn't even read what he said so let me quote it for you:

Crusader has awful wrath generation outside of Ahkrans.

And then you say:

up to about 20 wrath per second with Akkhan

lol thanks. Its my mistake for missunderstanding the patch notes but its Blizzards bigger mistake for not explaining the patch note as its not worded as for what its intended.

Shield bash still has horrible pathing etc.... Rolands set is still not good as a 6pc.... Crusaders have the worst resource generation in the entire game..Along with what i deam the worse resource generators .