Worse Change Since Wilson "Doubled Down"

Items and Crafting
The Veiled Crystal drops on GR need to be buffed by a factor of 10x. If that happens, then the change will be perfect.
09/24/2014 01:32 PMPosted by Kajaran
09/24/2014 01:25 PMPosted by Naru
I like the change.

Me too.

I'm fine with it.
09/24/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Qinetiq
It's quite clear that the D3 community does not appreciate the Kadala change. In fact, I dare say most of us hate it. Not since the infamous Wilson, "We doubled it" referring to repair costs, sparked such a vociferous reaction from players. You have failed summarily to account for the psychological aspect of your decisions.

I have read Travis' post explaining the change but surely the "cumbersome" experience of running to the Blacksmith could have been solved by simply moving Kadala? Or perhaps giving her the ability to DE items? There are many ways this non-problem could have been addressed.

If you insist on keeping this change then give us the ability to address it:

1: Increase BS cap to 2000
2: Increase BS drops in T6 to 250 minimum (which scales well below your arbitrary legendary chance)
3: Increase BS drop 200% in Grifts. If we're going to be forced into playing a certain way then make it worth it.
3:

+1

Requested sticky.

These are good changes if they are gonna keep the bad kadala nerf. Ty OP.
09/24/2014 01:43 PMPosted by Peon
Not even losing crafting mats. They moved the mats to RG kills.

I am in no way getting enough yellow mats in this game now. They divided the amount I get by five essentially then give me a total of 5 when I kill a gr guardian. Oh, and if you people dont see it basically what happened here is that the goal posts got moved so the grind becomes even longer. Now you have to do 5x the amount of rifts to get the same amount of worthless garbage. And all anyone will ever say to you if you mention this is "rng is rng".

Still maybe a pair of gladiator gauntlets of st andrews gage every 500 shards.
I like the change too, I'm getting more legendaries/500 shard which is the only thing that should matter. Whoever used kadala to farm yellows should go t6 rifting and farm them there, as the game is supposed to be played
09/24/2014 01:53 PMPosted by Neidbau
09/24/2014 01:43 PMPosted by Peon
Not even losing crafting mats. They moved the mats to RG kills.

Yup.

10 Arcane dust
1-2 Veiled crystal
20-25 reusable parts

Amazing really how many mats that is. I can almost afford 1/50th of a reroll on a chest piece!

Aye. They need to either decrease the cost to reroll OR they need to make material automatically pickup when you run over them and radically increase the amount that drop.
Pick. Up. Yellow. Equipment. Salvage everything, sell nothing. I have *never* been so resource poor that I couldn't afford to reroll my equipment; what on earth is wrong with some of you?
I like the change. It's really no different getting crystals and dust then before.
09/24/2014 02:29 PMPosted by MiniSaint44
Pick. Up. Yellow. Equipment. Salvage everything, sell nothing. I have *never* been so resource poor that I couldn't afford to reroll my equipment; what on earth is wrong with some of you?

Regular rifts give even worse drops then they did before so why do them? Just for mats?? They dont give enough now to keep up on rerolls at all. LoL @ you.
Yeah, just did a gr34 and got a total of 10 yellow mats from rg. For those that use the mystic that means you cant even enchant some things once. Does that make any sense to you?
09/24/2014 02:29 PMPosted by MiniSaint44

There. Is. No. Yellow. Equipment. In. A. Greater. Rift. I always picked up everything, my friends on Teamspeak constantly made fun of me, If the Guardian in the Greater Rift actually dropped all the loot that I would have received if it was a normal Rift, then it MIGHT be ok, but he doesn't. Not anywhere close, never has been.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15317478/
Speaking of spoils, we've made some changes to how loot is distributed in Greater Rifts to help streamline the experience and keep players focused on completing their run. Monsters won't drop loot, chest spawns have been disabled, and destructible objects will be limited. Instead, we've moved a lot of this loot to the Rift Guardian itself. As a result, and in reward for your valiant efforts, players will encounter a veritable "loot-splosion" upon defeating a Greater Rift Guardian!

I have never seen a "loot-splosion". I usually end up with one legendary, (maybe 2), 3 blues and a yellow. Seriously? Now that they drop materials I get 23 Reusable Parts, 21 Arcane Dust and 2 Veiled Crystals. TWO!

This is not OK.
The change is good, the problem people pointing out is that veil crystals will now be harder to obtain.
09/24/2014 03:36 PMPosted by Why
The change is good, the problem people pointing out is that veil crystals will now be harder to obtain.

Then that means the change isnt good. What should have happened is that if a T6 rift guardian drops on average 100 shards and the former gambling rate was 5x less then obviously that rift guardian should drop 5x more yellow mats to compensate. What happens is you get people like me that have over 1500 blue mats and 150 or so yellow mats.. and yes I pick up everything.

In a game like this where the only end-game to speak of is to farm for gear not having enough mats to enchant the gear you do find shouldn't be the bottleneck. Its just another example of Blizzard simply not playing their own game because if they did they would have recognized the problem the kadala change would cause. They would also understand that when they say the rift guardians drop a "much greater amount" of mats to make up for this that "much greater" does not mean 5.
3500 Blood shards, no legendary's yet. Just saying.
09/24/2014 07:21 PMPosted by csjohnny34
3500 Blood shards, no legendary's yet. Just saying.

"rng is rng bro" "working as intended"