Requesting a Quality of Life change please

General Discussion
Hi there,

Sometimes I enjoy saving shards, hitting the cap, and spending them all at once. One small issue I have with that is when I have 430+ shards, I finish a T6 rift, and I can only pick up 70 with 30 still on the ground. This means I have to go gamble something real quickly, and then go back to pick up the rest.

It'd be great if, instead of having the excess shards drop, to be able to pick it all up at once ONLY if your shard count is below 500. Yes, this means we'd be going over 500 but not by much at all, and plus it saves that tiny bit of time.

What do y'all think?
who cares about the 30-60 wasted shards, it takes <5min to get 100-120
the cap is 500, so when you get close to it like say 430 then go gamble once or twice before the rift starts...

Those not farming T6 in 5 mins?
I get it, you like e-peen. But please use your brain a bit.

Edit: Also I agree with you OP. No reason this couldn't go into the game.

the cap is 500. why would they make it go over? go gamble once or twice before the rift starts, you know when you're sitting in town waiting for someone to open a rift.

30 shards = 1 potential legendary, 60 = 2. That matters for me, and the majority of other players.

+1

the cap is 500. why would they make it go over? go gamble once or twice before the rift starts, you know when you're sitting in town waiting for someone to open a rift.

If you're playing solo, you're only waiting on yourself. The point is saving them, and spending them all at once. Not to go buy one or two, then continue on with rifting. I enjoy clearing rifts time to time, and spending the shards later.
09/28/2014 02:23 PMPosted by DreUd

The same reason why they would up the blood shard prices. To save you a few seconds going back and forth.

I dunno, maybe because they dramatically increased the cost of items.
09/28/2014 05:24 PMPosted by Style
09/28/2014 02:23 PMPosted by DreUd

The same reason why they would up the blood shard prices. To save you a few seconds going back and forth.

Exactly. And this will save us one of those back and forth trips that they want to prevent. Plus, in any given instance, it wouldn't put us a drastic amount over 500.
09/28/2014 02:04 PMPosted by Kingpolo
Hi there,

Sometimes I enjoy saving shards, hitting the cap, and spending them all at once. One small issue I have with that is when I have 430+ shards, I finish a T6 rift, and I can only pick up 70 with 30 still on the ground. This means I have to go gamble something real quickly, and then go back to pick up the rest.

It'd be great if, instead of having the excess shards drop, to be able to pick it all up at once ONLY if your shard count is below 500. Yes, this means we'd be going over 500 but not by much at all, and plus it saves that tiny bit of time.

What do y'all think?

Just beware of what you wish, Blizz is the worst bottle genie.

Hotfix: RG in Rift and Grift now can't drop shards above players' shard cap or won't drop shards at all. For example, if players have 450 shards, RG will now only drop 50shards. It's to improve the quality of life so players don't need to portal twice and spend shards they don't need to.