[Awesomeness inside] How to fix GRifts

General Discussion
Hi there,

Sorry for the wall of text, TLDR at the end !

Feel free to debate, dont be rude with grammar or something, French frog eater here :)

My point :

Main issues with Greater Rifts :

• 1 - Monster's health and damages scale exponentially.
  • 2 - Pylons should not be in GRifts, cause it's supposed to be a competitive environnement, not a "god, I hope i'll found a Conduit at the corner, or I won't finish in time this 34Billion HP guardian."
  • 3 - Density and monster type should be smoothed.
  • How to fix ??

Fixing 2 & 3 seems quite easy
    Fixing 1 is not!!

How are we supposed to reach GR50+ in solo/2P/3P/4P parties?? At the moment, there is absolutely no way to do so. I'm kinda ok with this. But with future patches, the game needs to be "beatable".

Presently, damages, affixes, items, skills, CHC/CHD etc, are all balanced around T6. A few exceptions are : M6/ Raekors/SWK set/ Jade/ Poney/Condemn builds and Firebird where all (M6 and Jade are the only exceptions) introduced with 2.1 for us to reach GR35 .

Maybe Blizzard got something in their bag for the future, I hope so, but for now, we got a problem with this explonential scaling here.

Our stuff DO NOT SCALE EXPONENTIALLY.

So, here is an (AWESOME) idea to allow our items to scale with GRift difficulties, so we are not like a little insect, facing billions HP monsters, crushing our [insert your class] faces in one punch.

Nephalem competitor buff:

Grants you 1% : armor/ life/ all Res/ dodge chance/ dmg for each level of Greater Rift you are in.

-> exemple : In GR 35, you would get 35% armor/dodge/life/allRez/dmg..

This way, our stuff would scale with Grift difficulties.

Any thougth ?
    Other ideas to climb higher GRifts in the future?

/!\ WARNING /!\
  • This post is not about QQing "I want to reach high GR easily". At the moment I'm having fun with GRift system, but it needs some tweaks to be less frustrating in the future.
  • What I suggest is obviously just an idea, and would need a lot of tweaks to work. But you have the general idea here.

• TL ; DR :

Grifts difficulties scale exponentially, our stuff is actually balanced around T6 +/- difficulties.
    To reach highest GRift difficulties, we could use a special buff, in GRift :

Nephalem competitor buff:

Grants you 1% : armor/ life/ all Res/ dodge chance/ dmg for each level of Greater Rift you are in.

This way, our stuff would also scale, and so, monster's health and damages would not be as "out of control" as it is now.
    The main problem is that something competetive shouldnt be Rng at all...no random mob no random density no shrines ...etc..for ex at lvl 35 every players should have the same monster that other player and same density.
    Compétition cant be rng
    we don't mind exponential scaling. It is kind of an easy way to give difficulty, but w/e.

We mind though what the scaling in combination with map, density, etc. RNG and "old mechanics" like paper cut etc. does: make this an RNG fest.
    Problem with grifts is far deeper than described. I've done some analysis and overview here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14610651497 - but it's also not completed since behind the scenes there may be issues of which I'm not aware. Random in most things is only one layer of design fractal which causing current situation.
    09/29/2014 05:10 AMPosted by Angel
    Problem with grifts is far deeper than described. I've done some analysis and overview here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14610651497 - but it's also not completed since behind the scenes there may be issues of which I'm not aware. Random in most things is only one layer of design fractal which causing current situation.

Yes it is, I've read your post and it's good analysis !

Here, i'm just suggesting a way to fix something which is not perfect and would problably never be, but hey... I just hope it will be heard a bit.. :)

Btw I like sharing ideas and debating, so feel free to do so !
    no more answers ?!
    I'm sad, was ready !
    bump

My idea is good.
    Sorry mate, Grifts are designed to be infinite not beatable, forever hamsterwheel.

You get higher gems to get higher gems till you get bored of it.