Blizzard Devs, did you make to GR100...

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
... in you test lab using skills/gear/stats/maps/etc. currently used by us, your game players? I really want to get some inspiration to continue climbing up to GR100

Thanks for your prompt response.
They do not intend people to reach that far, at least with anything resembling current gear. People in the PTR did reach 100 by using old exploding palm/furnace/rimeheart based builds, but that was nerfed.
Obviously they leave that dirty work to guinea pigs testing in their PTR so that they can pick and choose what to nerf and what to keep so they can continue to observe how we struggle through higher grifts with our pathetic gears against monsters with ridiculous hp and damage. Sad to know this is how difficulty is defined...
I follow simple logic:
- Car manufacture tests their cars prior to release
- Chief tests his cooking
- I test my product in and out before it goes to my customer

so I expect Blizzard to do the same with this game (computer software).

All I would like to hear is "Yes, we played this game from A to Z and GR100 is reachable in current state"

Thanks for your input guys :)
09/30/2014 09:49 PMPosted by Defender
I follow simple logic:

All I would like to hear is "Yes, we played this game from A to Z and GR100 is reachable in current state"

I think their past record of releasing patches that cause further trouble, speaks for itself.
I dont think there is any chance they have, but i think they made it so unattinable so some people have something to go for, I doubt we will see too much past 50 anytime soon
I follow simple logic:

they do test there stuff. but, they could aim for something different. a chief tests to make sure his food tastes good, a car manufacturer tests to make sure the cars are safe. they have a specific intent as to what they are testing for.

and blizz didnt want GRs to be an easy complete and as others have said they might not have wanted it to be doable with the current gear and builds we have. they might want it to be never doable.

so, yes i know they tested it. us players were apart of the freaking testing. but what there aim is doesnt necessarily match up to what you or others might think it should. thats not to say that no one agrees with them, or that one or the other is a majority or right.
09/30/2014 11:03 PMPosted by Sycoticpyro
I follow simple logic:

they do test there stuff. but, they could aim for something different. a chief tests to make sure his food tastes good, a car manufacturer tests to make sure the cars are safe. they have a specific intent as to what they are testing for.

and blizz didnt want GRs to be an easy complete and as others have said they might not have wanted it to be doable with the current gear and builds we have. they might want it to be never doable.

so, yes i know they tested it. us players were apart of the freaking testing. but what there aim is doesnt necessarily match up to what you or others might think it should. thats not to say that no one agrees with them, or that one or the other is a majority or right.

Wrong. They Do Not. And There are video interviews of the lead game programmers and devs talking about their personal office characters and clan, and how the highest guy was "almost paragon 600" and went on to express how high he believed that to be, at a time when the community had players over 1000 para. I don't think they even know how to play their own game very well.
whatever makes you think gr100 was implemented to be reachable with current gear?

gr is the yardstick put in place to measure power creep in future expansions.

next expansion, we'll be able to get up to lvl 80, have new skills and better gear, and maybe get up to gr70. the expansion after that, we'll reach lvl 90, with new skills and better gear and hit gr 100.

gr100 is simply the carrot on a veryyyy long stick.
10/01/2014 12:57 AMPosted by Wave
Wrong. They Do Not. And There are video interviews of the lead game programmers and devs talking about their personal office characters and clan, and how the highest guy was "almost paragon 600" and went on to express how high he believed that to be, at a time when the community had players over 1000 para. I don't think they even know how to play their own game very well.

testing, and being good at something are completely different things. its more uncommon for devs to consistently be better at the game they make than the high end players of that game. if you look at any game, and look at where the craters are in relative skill levels. most the time they will be average.

you dont need to be good at playing games to make a good game. the skills are completely unrelated. you dont even need to spend that much time (compared to the amount of time the high end players play) playing games to make a good game.
It is simple: Blizzard wanted to demonstrate us that monsters are stronger than our chars, so they set damage of monsters in grifts 38-40+ that will kill the player for sure, whatever toughness does player has.
I follow simple logic:

[/quote]

so I expect Mercedes Benz to do the same with this car (vehicle).

All I would like to hear is "Yes, we tested this car from A to Z and 200 MPH is reachable in current state"
I'm not sure they even reached GR35 in their "internal testing" ;) (They didn't finished Inferno tho, before vanila release)
10/01/2014 01:03 AMPosted by zarakis
whatever makes you think gr100 was implemented to be reachable with current gear?

gr is the yardstick put in place to measure power creep in future expansions.

next expansion, we'll be able to get up to lvl 80, have new skills and better gear, and maybe get up to gr70. the expansion after that, we'll reach lvl 90, with new skills and better gear and hit gr 100.

gr100 is simply the carrot on a veryyyy long stick.

With that logic....GR1-75 is pointless after an expansion release.

Think of how MP10 inferno was hard at 60. Now think about how silly it is to clear lvl 60 content now with a lvl 60 on Torment 6. Now lets add in a lvl 70 with yellows. Now lets add in a 70 with top gear.

There's no way any reasonable developer would design greater rifts to 100 for the sole purpose of being reachable via an expansion. In the case of how "unique" Greater Rifts are and isolated from the norm of the game, Blizzard would just do what they always do...make it so that the lvl 80 greater rifts scale based on level 80 content, just like how there are no Tier 50 greater rifts at 30 to compare to Tier 50 greater rifts at 70.

The 50 - 100 grind is a farce.
It's supposed to be reachable, not yet but I hope it will.

Here are some ideas to fix GR

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14609061476#6
I am not trolling, seriously

devs aren't gamers. (i dun think its wrong to exploit, it always has been like this since the birth of gaming lol)

They dun think like gamers. To find all these exploits requires a tremendous amount of effort n thinking out of the box. They are already busy trying to create a new game

They do read the forums. but there are some things in the game which they cant solve because solving that problem will lead to even bigger problems. past patches proven this

Its a non subcription game so little effort will be put into it. happens to all companies. did u guys play games from UBISOFT? its exactly the same company model

like it or not this is the future of our gaming.
This is a "do you still beat your wife" style question. Say no then you used to beat her . I don't really care if they made it to 100 It is simply a goal . We saw the community whine about Infernol and T6 now they are considered easy. Why should be Gr's be looked at any differently. Everyone simply needs to do the best they can. It would be ironic if an off build took the lead on this.

Even if they have not made gr100 I'm sure that they have run the math and have a good idea what it would take. recent changes like the ram gem ect may factor in.

People that ask these questions or demand Blizzard show this happening are simply foolish. I don't want Blizzard chasing after this I want them working on any current issues. Like I said they have been doing this long enough to have the math well in hand. I have never played a game where someone has not reached a goal.
you will NEVER hear that part that they reached tier 100 scince its meant to be imposible to reach
09/30/2014 09:19 PMPosted by Defender
... in you test lab using skills/gear/stats/maps/etc. currently used by us, your game players? I really want to get some inspiration to continue climbing up to GR100

Thanks for your prompt response.

once you are paragon 10,000 you can faceroll it
GRift 60+ isn't reachable, no matter what equipment you have.