bugged game settings

Bug Report
Since 2.1 or 2.1.1 the game settings are a bit different.
Instead of monsterslaying, you can now select bounties.
Nice I thought, now Ill have an easier time finding people for bounties, when I want to do those.

However, the game settings are bugged.
If you select bounties, you will get the option below bounties, which is rift.
If you select rift, you will get the option below rift, which is greater rift and so forth.
If you select brawling (for whatever reason), you get brawling (the only thing I dont need to do >_<), since there is no option below brawling (I hoped you would get the option at the top, which is bounties, but that didnt happen).

You can test this by selecting an option, for example bounties and than click save&close.
If you click gamesettings again, you will notice that it dropped one option (from bounties to rift).
You can never enter a game on the option that you select. You will always get the option below your selected one and since there are no options above bounties, you cant select the one above bounties to get bounties.

Than another thing slightly offtopic.
When salvaging stuff it quite often, doesnt mass salvage and leaves a few items unsalvaged, which you can only salvage if you manually salvage each one.
I havent seen this happen before 2.1.1.

Anyone else experiencing these problems?
Thank you for the report! The current functionality you described is not intended and indeed a bug we were able to reproduce on our end. We don't have an ETA for when it will be fixed at this time, but we'll be sure to provide an update when we can.

Thanks again for taking to the time to post, and apologies for any inconvenience this bug may cause in the interim.
this sounds like a blizz troll than a bug lol
09/26/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Grimiku
Thank you for the report! The current functionality you described is not intended and indeed a bug we were able to reproduce on our end. We don't have an ETA for when it will be fixed at this time, but we'll be sure to provide an update when we can.

Thanks again for taking to the time to post, and apologies for any inconvenience this bug may cause in the interim.

Seriously?

Can you please stop introducing bugs with your patches?

Do you need more play-testers or something?

This has been happening (bugs introduced via patches) since release and frankly it's becoming quite ridiculous.

Is it too much for us to expect that you understand how your code works or are thoroughly testing for inconspicuous changes such as this?
Probably a list issue.

For example, Monsterslaying may have been there, then they added a new list that might not match up with the previous one.

For example, if you generate a list with the array identifiers 0 - 5, but then you're making the routines point to 1 - 6 instead, you can have a situation where everything is one off.

It's a small error that's easily overlooked, but arrays always start with 0.

string list [5] = { Item 1, Item 2, Item 3, Item 4, Item 5 };

Item 1 will be list[0] and not list[1]

So when the routine is called or procedure, whatever you want to name it if you have the first item in the list listed as 1 instead of 0, it will cause this specific issue.

It's probably a small issue with the way the array is built which will unfortunately require a client side patch (At least I think)

09/26/2014 03:26 PMPosted by Garath
Seriously?

Can you please stop introducing bugs with your patches?

Do you need more play-testers or something?

This has been happening (bugs introduced via patches) since release and frankly it's becoming quite ridiculous.

Is it too much for us to expect that you understand how your code works or are thoroughly testing for inconspicuous changes such as this?

Jeez, seriously, it's a simple programming mistake that programmers make all of the time where arrays are concerned. It's not worth getting into a hissy fit over...
I know right. How dare you...a bug in my one time fee, freely improved and updated game..the nerve!
Guys please... if you are FAMILY or STREAMER you get to "test" if you actually hard core play this game and are capable of reporting bugs you are SoL...
09/26/2014 03:29 PMPosted by Drothvader
Jeez, seriously, it's a simple programming mistake that programmers make all of the time where arrays are concerned. It's not worth getting into a hissy fit over...

Pretty sure asking pointed questions isn't exactly throwing a hissy fit.

As you yourself just pointed out, it's a very simple mistake but as I also pointed out (and you seemed to have ignored) it's not exactly a new occurrence with D3 patching.

Also, you'll notice a few threads popping up from smaller regions (ex. AUS) that say this is actually having a fairly negative impact on their gameplay due improper segregation of the already small server populations. So it's a rather valid concern that this gets fixed, not just a "QoL".

I've been extremely careful to avoid negative criticism of the game right from release, as I've always felt they've done a good job of continuously working on improving the game and enjoyed my time playing. Sometimes though I have to question the quality of work, and this is one of those times I guess.
09/26/2014 03:42 PMPosted by Garath
As you yourself just pointed out, it's a very simple mistake but as I also pointed out (and you seemed to have ignored) it's not exactly a new occurrence with D3 patching.

Programming errors happen because programmers make mistakes.

Programmers make mistakes because programmers are human. =/

Asking each and every push to be free of small bugs is so amazingly unrealistic... because again, humans make mistakes because they are imperfect.
09/26/2014 03:53 PMPosted by Drothvader

Asking each and every push to be free of small bugs is so amazingly unrealistic... because again, humans make mistakes because they are imperfect.

So call me an Idealist not a Realist. Whatever.

Fact remains there are ways to mitigate these things from happening.
09/26/2014 03:57 PMPosted by Garath

Yeah. It's called regression testing. In modern software life cycle processes it's automated. Because manual QA testers are human, too, and make mistakes.

I think we can be pretty sure at this point that Blizzard QA is fairly manual and misses a lot.
2 bugs forward, 3 bugs back, over and over. yep, top notch quality control.
09/26/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Meowazziel
Than another thing slightly offtopic.
When salvaging stuff it quite often, doesnt mass salvage and leaves a few items unsalvaged, which you can only salvage if you manually salvage each one.
I havent seen this happen before 2.1.1.

Anyone else experiencing these problems?

There was a blue post recently stating the salvage all option won't work on account bound items. Sounds like what you're experiencing here.
yes
chill out, so many different aspects to this game. Dont even get me going on the billions of line of code merged through various development platforms, bugs are to be expected. No reason to fly off the handle, I think the team has done a pretty decent job, yet again im no expert. Just been playing video games on all platforms since the first 8088 processor came out.
As far as the salvaging issue you described..I too have experienced this since the recent patch. I believe the items failing to mass salvage are items from the bounty cache.

This happens in every game,piece of software. There are literally millions of lines of code. Minor bugs are a given. Also,we're not paying a subscription to play this game,you should be greatful they support it to the large degree that they do. Most other game companies would have just launched the game and pretty much left it at that.

Never release patches comes to mind.
Thought i'd check and see if it was an issue with anyone else since this bug has been irritating me, least i'm not the only one experiencing this.