Stashes

Console Discussion
Quick question for everyone out there, i'm a bit of a hoarder, and i've got a stash completely full of Set and Legendary items, and don't have a second controller. Since this is still the main and only character I play as (Monk, PS3) I know when I play as other characters I won't be able to use the stash, anyone know a way to set up another character to use as a stash without a second controller?
It will be a while before I get a second controller, and won't play again till I do or get this problem fixed.
Thanks in advance!
Make second character on your account.
Login to second character instead of first charcater.
Open stash and remove items to second character's inventory.
Repeat for third, fourth, fifth, etc.
Yeah that's what I was afraid of, well alright I guess i'll do that than, thanks!
09/29/2014 03:19 PMPosted by Clusterone
Yeah that's what I was afraid of, well alright I guess i'll do that than, thanks!

No problem. The only other way would be to create a completely different account and find someone you can trust to transfer the items to your mule but giving them to the second perosn and then join their game under your other account.
Yeah I was thinking that as well, was thinking more about it as well and I think I came up with a pretty good solution, i'll post so other people can see as well, it will only work for PS3 I think though.
Make another PS3 user account, make a PSN that you won't use to play online or anything, start up D3:RoS with the dummy PSN account, and than send that account a gift of gold to increase his stash to max, and than send it all the items you want to hold and store for your character.
I'm going to attempt this later see how it works, and if it does, well, I feel slightly idiotic for not thinking of this earlier. xD
If it doesn't i'll probably just send it to someone I trust as well. :)
09/29/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Clusterone
Yeah I was thinking that as well, was thinking more about it as well and I think I came up with a pretty good solution, i'll post so other people can see as well, it will only work for PS3 I think though.
Make another PS3 user account, make a PSN that you won't use to play online or anything, start up D3:RoS with the dummy PSN account, and than send that account a gift of gold to increase his stash to max, and than send it all the items you want to hold and store for your character.
I'm going to attempt this later see how it works, and if it does, well, I feel slightly idiotic for not thinking of this earlier. xD

That does sound like a way to do it. It could be done on all consoles. I completely forgot the gift system when it comes to actual items, not just gift boxes.
09/29/2014 03:35 PMPosted by Jakk
09/29/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Clusterone

That does sound like a way to do it. It could be done on all consoles. I completely forgot the gift system when it comes to actual items, not just gift boxes.

Yeah I didn't even know about gifting until about 2 weeks in to playing RoS, but doesn't Xbox360/XboxOne/PS4, all cost money to have a online account? Or would this still be possible without Playstation Plus or Xbox Live gold?
09/29/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Clusterone
Yeah I didn't even know about gifting until about 2 weeks in to playing RoS, but doesn't Xbox360/XboxOne/PS4, all cost money to have a online account? Or would this still be possible without Playstation Plus or Xbox Live gold?

They just require it for online multiplayer. The gift and nemesis systems still work on free accounts.
09/29/2014 03:46 PMPosted by Jakk
09/29/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Clusterone

They just require it for online multiplayer. The gift and nemesis systems still work on free accounts.

Oh awesome, that would work perfectly than! I'm going to go post this on gamefaqs and a couple other places to help some people out than, as I know a couple people have full stashes and don't know what to do with their items.
i don't understand why you're making this so difficult.

is there a reason you don't want to simply create another character and transfer the items to them as described in the first reply?
09/29/2014 04:13 PMPosted by ualac
i don't understand why you're making this so difficult.

is there a reason you don't want to simply create another character and transfer the items to them as described in the first reply?

Mainly because of the character limit, that and it's only 60 for each character, if I make another account, it gives me 210 more stash, and 8 characters with 60 each, so a total of 690 space.
Edit: I will be using all the character slots on my main account as well, so having one as a mule would retract from that, as having a whole other PSN account would give me a ton more space without wasting character spaces.