New legendary idea that make M6 look like toy

Demon Hunter
Here is some idea of end game legendary idea for demon hunter

hungering arrow set:
2pc bracer and glove set
Glove: give Hungering Arrow an 20% additional chance to pierce
Bracer: shoot 3 hungering arrow per cast
Set bonus: allow all runes for hungering arrow

Couple with DEPTH DIGGERS, BURIZA-DO KYANON, THE NINTH CIRRI SATCHEL
and SIMPLICITY'S STRENGTH

It should give us some epic DH build.

We can test out the power of DEPTH DIGGERS, BURIZA-DO KYANON, THE NINTH
CIRRI SATCHEL and SIMPLICITY'S STRENGTH in live game.

Assumed state:
1 mil dps (40% cc and 400% cd), 40% element damage, 40% +100% damage bonus from SIMPLICITY'S STRENGTH and DEPTH DIGGERS

hungering arrow damage calculation live game:
first hit = DPS * skill damage * element damage * skill damage
= 1mil *155% *1.4 *2.4
= 5.2 mil (average damage) or 8.68mil(critical hit damage)
first pierce increase damage by 70% (*1.7)
= 8.8 mil (average damage) or 15mil(critical hit damage)
second pierce increase damage by another 70% (*2.89)
= 15 mil (average damage) or 25mil(critical hit damage)
55% chance for thrid pierce increase damage by another 70% (*4.91)
= 25 mil (average damage) or 42mil(critical hit damage)
30% chance for fourth pierce increase damage by another 70% (*8.5)
= 42 mil (average damage) or 71mil(critical hit damage)

Assuming no further pierce total damage = 5.2+8.8+15+(0.55)*25+(0.3)*42
=55mil per cast

With this damage hungering arrow is not suitable for end game.

With the proposed gear pierce chance increase to 90% and triple cast make the damage increase by 3 and shatter shot make the arrow split into 3 to a total of 9 (occur 1 time only)
fourth pierce total damage = 3*5.2+9*8.8+9*15+9*(0.9)*25+9*(0.81)*42
= 738 mil per cast
fifth pierce total damage = 738 mil +9*(0.81*0.9)*42(*1.7)
= 1206mil per cast
sixth pierce total damage = 1206 mil +9*(0.81*0.9*0.9)*42(*1.7*1.7)
= 1922mil per cast

We can see that with these legendary item it make M6 look like a toy from last century
Mathematically the current gear have 55% chance to pierce and for each pierce the multipler is 1.7, the expected change in dps per attack is 0.55*1.7=0.935 which is smaller than one with this value the limit for max dps is still finite. But by just enabling all rune in hungering arrow the multipler will become 0.7*1.7=1.12 per pierce, thus the dps can actrually grow to infinity. If blizzard really implement this we can actrually have a demon hunter with infinite effect dps and which will definitely destory the balance of the game. Let alone of a 0.9*1.7 modifier per pierce.

With this being said I would still want to see this item release someday. Beside, they can still limit the dps by limiting the time of pierce allowed per shot.
this reminds me of the old d2 buriza + guiding arrow never ending pierce. i dont know if its a good idea since the build is based on a generator supplying the most damage. i dont think blizzard has done anything like that before. they do not want generators to be the main damage dealer.
09/26/2014 10:12 PMPosted by XelNagaIvan
Here is some idea of end game legendary idea for demon hunter

hungering arrow set:
2pc bracer and glove set
Glove: give Hungering Arrow an 20% additional chance to pierce
Bracer: shoot 3 hungering arrow per cast
Set bonus: allow all runes for hungering arrow

Couple with DEPTH DIGGERS, BURIZA-DO KYANON, THE NINTH CIRRI SATCHEL
and SIMPLICITY'S STRENGTH

It should give us some epic DH build.

We can test out the power of DEPTH DIGGERS, BURIZA-DO KYANON, THE NINTH
CIRRI SATCHEL and SIMPLICITY'S STRENGTH in live game.

Assumed state:
1 mil dps (40% cc and 400% cd), 40% element damage, 40% +100% damage bonus from SIMPLICITY'S STRENGTH and DEPTH DIGGERS

hungering arrow damage calculation live game:
first hit = DPS * skill damage * element damage * skill damage
= 1mil *155% *1.4 *2.4
= 5.2 mil (average damage) or 8.68mil(critical hit damage)
first pierce increase damage by 70% (*1.7)
= 8.8 mil (average damage) or 15mil(critical hit damage)
second pierce increase damage by another 70% (*2.89)
= 15 mil (average damage) or 25mil(critical hit damage)
55% chance for thrid pierce increase damage by another 70% (*4.91)
= 25 mil (average damage) or 42mil(critical hit damage)
30% chance for fourth pierce increase damage by another 70% (*8.5)
= 42 mil (average damage) or 71mil(critical hit damage)

Assuming no further pierce total damage = 5.2+8.8+15+(0.55)*25+(0.3)*42
=55mil per cast

With this damage hungering arrow is not suitable for end game.

With the proposed gear pierce chance increase to 90% and triple cast make the damage increase by 3 and shatter shot make the arrow split into 3 to a total of 9 (occur 1 time only)
fourth pierce total damage = 3*5.2+9*8.8+9*15+9*(0.9)*25+9*(0.81)*42
= 738 mil per cast
fifth pierce total damage = 738 mil +9*(0.81*0.9)*42(*1.7)
= 1206mil per cast
sixth pierce total damage = 1206 mil +9*(0.81*0.9*0.9)*42(*1.7*1.7)
= 1922mil per cast

We can see that with these legendary item it make M6 look like a toy from last century


Great post friend!! Great idea and great feedback I hope could come true one day!!!

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum