Key of Evil will not drop period.

Console Discussion
My friends and I have killed the key warden on T4 exaclty 58 times. Today we totally gave up, Blizzard you need to fix this with patch 2.1 please. Until it is fixed there is nothing we can do we tried for 2 weeks we just cannot keep wasting hours and hours on one item in the game. We have like 10 of each of the other keys with a 90% drop rate, there is something wrong with the key warden in act four simple as that.
I finally got a key of evil to drop this morning after about 12-13 runs in the Infernal Machine of War. The odd thing is that there was something visually different when it finally popped, the Siegebreaker looked exactly like normal, however the Zoltun looked like he was see through and made entirely of swirling sand much like my monk when I use epiphany. Sure enough the key of evil finally popped...I wonder if that was a coincidence or if it's a visual cue that it's going to pop.
Oh, and I did it on T1.
Bleh - this is annoying. I spent a while yesterday farming up keys from act i - iii and was starting to get tired of killing the act iv guy about 9-10 times with no key drop. The others I got to drop after 2-4 or so kills. Maybe I shouldn't bother with this now, hmmm...
Key of evil is not dropped at Act 4 on console edition. It is instead dropped at one of the first 3 Uber bosses.

It is not bugged. Only the fourth inferno machine require key of evil.
lol - thanks so much, glad I read this now and not after 50+ more attempts!
Thank you Hui, the Key of Evil dropped in a solo T4 machine of war in the first run. Thank you for being a nice player and knowing how I could get this item. It will still take me a month to get all the stuff for the keys, cause I am not like really lucky atleast now I know exactly what to do. I did do a second machine of war right after the first one T4 and got nothing but thats cool I am just happy I got the Key of Evil so pretty in my pack hehe.

I will eventually get the cool ring so, thanks again Hui.
You guys have really bad information.

I ran nekarat like 30 times, I got 2 keys. All on T5.

It does drop because I farmed him like crazy, until I learned you can get the other from kule/seige breaker fight.
Nekarat has never dropped a key for me...period. I've killed him about 40 times...nothing.

But you don't need him. You do not get any key from him that you need as you get all the 4 keys from other wardens/ubers.

I've posted this a few times now but here it is again:

It's a bit different on the consoles compared to the PC. For instance on the consoles you need 3 items to craft a Level 70 Hellfire Ring. On the PC you need 4, the Idol of Terror is not on the consoles.

So you need to create four Infernal Machines. Thus you need to get these keys:

Act 1 Fields of Misery - Odeg the Keywarden - Key of Bones + small chance of other keys.
Act 2 Dahlgur Oasis - Sokahr the Keywarden - Key of Gluttony + small chance of other keys.
Act 3 Stonefort - Xah'Rith the Keywarden - Key of War + small chance of other keys.
Act 4 Silver Spire Level 1 - Nekarat the Keywarden - Random Key + small chance of other keys (but rarely drops a key) and I have never seen one.

So farm Acts I, II and III to get three keys of each and make these machines:

Infernal Machine of Bones opens a portal to Realm of Discord where you will find The King of Dead and The Merciless Witch. These are overpowered versions of The Skeleton King and Magdha. They drop Leoric's Regret.

Infernal Machine of Gluttony opens a portal to Realm of Chaos where you will find The Foul Desecrator and Vile Executioner. These are overpowered versions of Ghom and Rakkanoth.
They drop the Vial of Putridness.

Infernal Machine of War opens a portal to Realm of Turmoil where you will find The Savage Behemoth and The Undying One. These are overpowered versions of The Siegebreaker and Zoltun Kulle. They drop the Key of Evil.

Now that you have the Key of Evil go and get another two keys from Act I and II(Key of Bones & Gluttony) and with the Key of Evil you can make:

Infernal Machine of Evil which opens a portal to Realm of Fright where you will find The Soul of Evil.

This is a very overpowered version of Shadow Realm Diablo, and he will spawn one of any of the uber bosses to help him at 75% HP and 50% HP. Once he reaches 25% he will split into 3. He drops Heart of Evil.

After you get it you have all three parts and once you get the plan from Squirt (buy the right one at Level 70 and not the Level 60 one as that can no longer be crafted).

You will now have the Hellfire Ring!
Guy's this is great information I requested this be made a sticky topic, alot of my XB1 friends had wrong information. If one of you know's someone from the company see if they would keep this close to the top, it will help alot of the new players like it did me and others.
09/30/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Ryedenz
Guy's this is great information I requested this be made a sticky topic, alot of my XB1 friends had wrong information. If one of you know's someone from the company see if they would keep this close to the top, it will help alot of the new players like it did me and others.

There has actually been half a dozen threads like this already.

Search is your friend!
09/29/2014 10:43 AMPosted by Hui
Key of evil is not dropped at Act 4 on console edition. It is instead dropped at one of the first 3 Uber bosses.

Wrong. It drops from the Act IV keywarden.

This shouldn't get a sticky. Most of the information is accurate, but there is also a lot of misinformation.
09/30/2014 07:03 AMPosted by Papalock

This shouldn't get a sticky. Most of the information is accurate, but there is also a lot of misinformation.

Care to elaborate at what is wrong?

The Key of Evil can drop from the Act IV Keywarden but the drop rate, on consoles, is very poor. The Key of Evil DOES drop better on the 2 uber bosses from the Realm of Turmoil.

Instead of posting that info is wrong why don't you point out just what is wrong for other gamers?

A side point but none of the info I posted is wrong, I've posted it a few times and blues have thanked me for the "accurate" info. Whilst you are in the wrong...the Key of Evil drops from the ubers...
09/30/2014 07:01 AMPosted by Papalock
09/29/2014 10:43 AMPosted by Hui

I just want to be clear, you sir are wrong to say it is wrong that the ubers from the Realm of Turmoil drop the Key of Evil...because they do...and the rates for that drop seem better than the Act IV Keywarden on consoles.
09/30/2014 07:25 AMPosted by homerjnick
09/30/2014 07:01 AMPosted by Papalock
[quote="146068066833"]Key of evil is not dropped at Act 4 on console edition. It is instead dropped at one of the first 3 Uber bosses.

I want to be clear that I agree that it also drops from those Ubers, but it DOES in fact drop from the Keywarden on Act IV. The first statement in what I quoted was the wrong part (read: "Key of evil is not dropped at Act 4 on console edition").
Is it the lvl70 hellfire ring even worth it?

I have a lvl60 hellfire ring with
+dmg
+str
+ias
+chc
+socket
+35% XP

So should I really bother with the new ring for slightly more XP? My hellfire ring already serves me well in leveling toons. The +2x-5x dmg alone are crazy on level 1 lol.
I'd like to help clear up any confusion about where the Key of Evil is found in Ultimate Evil Edition, since it doesn't work the same way it does on PC. In UEE the Key of Evil drops from The Savage Behemoth during the Infernal Machine of War event instead of Nekarat (like it does on PC).

To put it another way, players who are used to the PC version will discover they need to craft Infernal Machines of War instead of farming the Act IV keywarden in order to get a Key of Evil.
09/30/2014 11:39 AMPosted by Grimiku
I'd like to help clear up any confusion about where the Key of Evil is found in Ultimate Evil Edition, since it doesn't work the same way it does on PC. In UEE the Key of Evil drops from The Savage Behemoth during the Infernal Machine of War event instead of Nekarat (like it does on PC).

To put it another way, players who are used to the PC version will discover they need to craft Infernal Machines of War instead of farming the Act IV keywarden in order to get a Key of Evil.

Thanks for the official confirmation but can you then clarify just what Nekarat drops on consoles for UEE?

Since I've never gotten any key from him but others I know claim to have gotten random keys from him.
Why the hell would you change this for consoles? Just to screw over people trying to figure it out? Just for the sake of being different? This seems really dumb.