Just b/c forum was so dead lately - Melkor.

Wizard
10/01/2014 12:38 PMPosted by BDF
10/01/2014 12:32 PMPosted by konfeta
Should lower the drop rates to make it all better, yes?

Don't confuse my wanting a rare item with my stance of also thinking the reward rate in the game was buffed too much.

BDF, you're nobody on the Forum until somebody tries to use your past words against you! Grats!

_____
-Melk
At the end of the day, it's all A Love Story
~OG Wizard from an OG Forum~
~iRap, You probz don't~
https://www.youtube.com/user/MikeyMayez
Guys saying that Chainpoc can beat or be on par with FB/Apoc in clear speed don't know how to play FB/Apoc or didn't see it in action esp in group.

Just saying.
10/01/2014 12:38 PMPosted by BDF
Don't confuse my wanting a rare item with my stance of also thinking the reward rate in the game was buffed too much.

yeah...I agree. too many people are becoming gg way too fast (e.g. jelly)

10/01/2014 12:42 PMPosted by Machado
Also, we'll ask Boozor what his opinion is in this matter. Since he's an efficiency master, he'll know. :)

so true...
BDF, you're nobody on the Forum until somebody tries to use your past words against you! Grats!

I just want to witness a derelict, bedridden BDF gasping his last breath as WoW finally drops for him. His grand-grand children will ID it for him and in an act of karmic deliverance it will come with Bleed and IAS.

Obviously, nothing less will satisfy his sadomasochistic dopamine reserves.
10/01/2014 12:53 PMPosted by RobertVarga
Guys saying that Chainpoc can beat or be on par with FB/Apoc in clear speed don't know how to play FB/Apoc or didn't see it in action esp in group.

Just saying.

Well I think these guys can easily switch between 2 builds so they should know their things right?
As a Monk who runs Wizard 2nd.. I appreciate you guys on how you make Wizards fun.

Thank you
I just want to witness a derelict, bedridden BDF gasping his last breath as WoW finally drops for him. His grand-grand children will ID it for him and in an act of karmic deliverance it will come with Bleed and IAS.

Obviously, nothing less will satisfy his sadomasochistic dopamine reserves.

12 minutes ago

+1

lol'd
how is chainpoc going to clear faster than firebird 6 when you can run chainpoc with fb6 already?

make a few adjustments like adding in krelm's bracers+belt and dropping black hole for blizzard/apocalypse to deal with straggler mobs that are too far to run/tp to, and it should already be clearing faster than regular chainpoc.
10/01/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Jaetch
10/01/2014 12:19 PMPosted by BDF

Well there is that whole matter of not having the wand >.>

I don't think doly has one either, but I'm not quite sure.

He does have it, but he was tinkering with the lightning rune instead.

I don't know if Melkor is right, but I don't think he's completely out to lunch either. I've been wondering about the same thing lately.

Firebird's is a huge amount of damage, but it's delayed. T6 mobs also have a finite amount of life - especially when you're solo. With enough upfront damage, I think a lot of the potential damage from Firebird's DoT may go to waste.

Maybe it's time for me to revisit the Woh and try a few other things I haven't yet.

-dolynick
I think when you also consider why you're farming T6, it becomes a more interesting proposal.

And that reason, is gold. FB6 is not very conducive to picking up gold. I think Chainpoc would be more conducive.
So, who here has a -4 second Occulus?

With Legendary Gem power creep for just enough damage to instagib T6, what an EB build will need is mobility. The speed bracers is one way to look at it, Aether Walker is not really an option unless you script item swapping, Cosmic Strand sucking because nerfs, and Illusionist has issues with downtime against many cowardly enemy types.

With Occulus and 50% cdr, that's a 3.5 second cooldown teleport.
Lol. 50% CDR is soooo 2.0.
Lol, thanks konfeta. First leg I dropped after logging in was a -4 / 20% oculus. :)

EDIT: Interestingly, it only has 5 primaries, vs. the 6 primaries on my 2.0 Oculus. Weird.
Good call on the oculus! You gave me something fun to try for the night. It forced me back into my RoRG but man am I moving.
The Occulus is very, very randomized, it drops with 4-6 primaries.

As for CDR, hmm...

.8 (Evo) * .75 (Leoric) * .92 (gloves)* .92(shoulders) * .92 (Belt Vigilance) * .9 (paragon) * .9 (crimson set) = bout 62%.

CDR on all Jewelry and Swiftness gem = 75%.

CDR on WoW = bout 77.5% CDR.

CDR on Source = bout 79.3% CDR

What else am I missing? Still, about 1.45 second cooldown teleport. Shenanigans. And I screwed up math on the teleport CD about 304934039 times.
Source .92
Well, need another 50% CDR from somewhere to reach the 89% CDR cap (shrine of empowerment cheating). Will have to wait for more powercreep.

(is there any practical reason to go this CDR crazy? and i am not asking because the wow that dropped for me today is making me choose between 10% damage and 10% CDR)
10/01/2014 09:25 PMPosted by konfeta
What else am I missing? Still, about 1.45 second cooldown teleport. Shenanigans. And I screwed up math on the teleport CD about 304934039 times.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Air3UPpySbLddDFPNmFabHFCdUdEZWh2b3hibkRPb1E#gid=13

I just refuse to write it all out anymore, too easy to forget something.
Every 8% CDR added to your gear set increases EB by 8.7%, and that's not my math...that's from the Chainpoc guide.

When I'm at 1,000,000 DPS and spamming EB on the Elite, I don't get the perma tick for more than 6 seconds before the enemy is dead, if the enemy even lasts that long...

This would be compelling if it weren't for the fact that I had to sack a bunch of CDR rolls to wear the set. The difference in CDR between my Chainpoc set and my full firebird set with Woh is about 20%.
I could pull off a Crimson's Set with Firebirds but I lose 20% Fire from Magefist and I can't use a Cosmic Strand, two pieces that are incredibly important in my opinion for both mobility and DPS. If you don't feel you need the Cosmic Strand and you like the Firebird Source, you still will come up short. To not use the Leoric's Crown in this build is silly...it's BiS, no question.

I also don't want a RoRG in my ideal set up..I wan't a SOJ and a 5 primary ring. Why? Because Chainpocalypse tends to have low sheet DPS. A Flavor of Time with a Socket is also ideal. I'm trying to make up for all those CDR rolls that lowered my DPS.

Anyway, the TL:DR is, the DoT doesn't get going until the E's are almost dead...so for T6 Farming...why run the DoT at all? So I can "keep moving"? I gotta go back for loot..why in the hell else am I farming T6 if not for mats and loot and keys? That's my thinkin'.

_____
-Melk
At the end of the day, it's all A Love Story
~OG Wizard from an OG Forum~
~iRap, You probz don't~
https://www.youtube.com/user/MikeyMayez
10/02/2014 05:07 AMPosted by Melkor
for T6 Farming...why run the DoT at all? So I can "keep moving"? I gotta go back for loot..why in the hell else am I farming T6 if not for mats and loot and keys?

Pick up just legs. In 3 minutes your T6 rift is done (using FB/Apoc) and you've got few legs and 90+ shards. This is where the Wiz currently shines.

Join some FB/Apoc Wiz doing it right and never look back to slow builds.