Patchnotes that would make me quit my job!

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
One thing I would love to see in patch notes.

Legendary Tokens added to the game. After all available bounties are cleared in all acts, a Legendary Token is awarded for players. This Legendary Token can be traded in at Kadala for a guaranteed random legendary with a chance to drop a set piece. The player will be able to choose which item type they wish to try for (ring, one handed, 2 handed etc...)
09/28/2014 02:54 PMPosted by Drizzt
Give the barbarian a passive that when he dies he doesn't actually die

LOL!!!!!
RoRG and Unity are fine.

How about sentries may be targeted by monsters so they can be killed or all other pets may not be targeted?
You missed the most important part: extra stash tabs and extra character slots are now available to purchase for $5 each.
" Blood shards are no longer received after completion of bountys" Why?
10/02/2014 05:59 AMPosted by Adrenaline
RoRG and Unity are fine.

How about sentries may be targeted by monsters so they can be killed or all other pets may not be targeted?

I believe they just greatly increased defense and survivability of pets so there shouldn't be a problem with other pet classes, so crying for random nerf batting is really not going to help this game at all.

10/02/2014 09:34 AMPosted by Martialsage
You missed the most important part: extra stash tabs and extra character slots are now available to purchase for $5 each.

Again I am not AGAINST extra stash space, there are no drawbacks to giving more space, but I hardly think it is needed. If you disagree as I told the other guy who said this I would love to see screenshots of all your stash tabs and then maybe I will consider changing my opinion on this ^^

10/02/2014 10:35 AMPosted by BOSS
" Blood shards are no longer received after completion of bountys" Why?

Goes along with this change... - Drastically increased the amount of blood shards received in a cache (based on difficulty level)

My philosophy is that if you choose to rifts and rifts and more rifts should not be considered the end all be all. If you want to farm away on bounties you should have that option, but currently getting 2 shards a bounty and 10 in a cache is going to make no one do this. If they increase the amount of shards in a cache (to like 100 on t6) then people have the option to farm bountys instead.

Even with that aside, if blizz wants to force players to do endless rifts as the "endgame" well doing bountys especially on higher difficulty should still yield a lot more bloodshards then they do currently.
Great patch notes... Although it's still no where near enough to make one want to quit their job lol
Allowing us to buy stash tabs alone would make me quit my job. So boring playing 1 or 2 builds per class due to no space.
Don't forget a dps counter and autopick up all items as optional.
10/02/2014 04:30 PMPosted by theAlphaRat
Great patch notes... Although it's still no where near enough to make one want to quit their job lol

:P well you get the point anyway!!

10/02/2014 05:04 PMPosted by Why
Allowing us to buy stash tabs alone would make me quit my job. So boring playing 1 or 2 builds per class due to no space.

For me I think I would need more VIABLE end game builds first. Still need a lot of work to go in that direction

10/02/2014 05:18 PMPosted by Belgarion
Don't forget a dps counter and autopick up all items as optional.

I don't need a dps counter, but wouldn't hurt to be there :D
the sad thing is almost all of these changes are things they should have added at launch.

what's even sadder is that like someone mentioned in the first page, blizz will consider this as an expansion and will most definitely charge 40 bucks for it.

in addition to a campaign mode

that doesn't even have an end cinematic
10/02/2014 08:28 PMPosted by Vexille
the sad thing is almost all of these changes are things they should have added at launch.

what's even sadder is that like someone mentioned in the first page, blizz will consider this as an expansion and will most definitely charge 40 bucks for it.

in addition to a campaign mode

that doesn't even have an end cinematic

Honestly I rather enjoyed the launch of reaper of souls, act 5 has a very dark theme with cool looking monsters and areas and much more "diabloish". The biggest thing I hated about act 5 and expansion was the horrible horrible ending cinematic. I wanted to see a super cool cgi based ending and it could have been about literally anything and I wouldn't have cared. Ending cinematic was incredibly disappointing.
Double unitys no longer work with follower cannot die relics

uuhh no
09/29/2014 08:32 PMPosted by Madix
Unity with immortal follower is not fine. The ring is meant to be used as a means to share damage between two or more characters, not as a flat 50% damage reduction bonus.

Actually Blizzard said the follower + Unity trick was intended...

It doesn't matter because I am yet to find a 2nd one in seasons or regular (1 in each to troll me of course). There isn't anything wrong with the combination though as it requires 3x legendary items to even make work.
10/03/2014 09:06 AMPosted by GolfWang
09/29/2014 08:32 PMPosted by Madix
Unity with immortal follower is not fine. The ring is meant to be used as a means to share damage between two or more characters, not as a flat 50% damage reduction bonus.

Actually Blizzard said the follower + Unity trick was intended...

It doesn't matter because I am yet to find a 2nd one in seasons or regular (1 in each to troll me of course). There isn't anything wrong with the combination though as it requires 3x legendary items to even make work.

Even with the combination of needing 3 legs, it is a Band-Aid fix for a much greater problem. I strongly believe this mechanic is flawed to its core and really should be removed :/
*Note not all of these ideas are original or am I trying to take credit for them, but a good idea is a good idea ;), hope you all enjoy reading them!*

Crafting

- Increased arcane dust per salvage to 3-5
- Increased veiled crystal per salvage to 2-4
- Increased the amount of craft mats dropped from Rift guardians by 50%
- Drastically increased the amount of craft mats dropped from Grift guardians based on difficulty level
- Time it takes to craft up to the next level of gem has been cut in half
- All craft materials have now been moved to the bloodshard and gold display window and will now be picked up automatically when running over them

Quality of life

- Added an option to gameplay menu to autopick up health potions or not
- Rift/Grift % completed now displays at all times without having to scroll over the completion bar
- Changed Rift keys and trial keys to stack up to 1000
- Changed rift keys and trial keys to be pulled from your stash instead of inventory
- Blood share cap raised from 500 to 1000

Clans & communities

- Maximum members increased from 150 to 300
- Scrolling over the roster of names now shows how long someone has been signed off for
- Created a seperate clan tab called "activity" which shows only when someone signs on/off in clan and if someone joins/leaves clan
- Added the ability to add a fourth rank to the clan (new members/veterans/officers/leader)

Seasons

- Adventure mode will now be locked at the start of any new season

Bug fixes

- Fixed an issue where sentries would stop attacking on terror demons (including orlash the RG) and not attack any other enemies until the terror demon has reappeared
- Fixed an issue where zombie dog and tall mans finger would lose massive amounts of hp when a player leaves or joins your game
- Fixed an issue where players were able to take pylons buffs to boss/uber encounters

General

- Cesspools have been reworked to both eliminate the lag/fps issues in them and make them fun and rewarding when you hit them. A variety of special chests + events have been added along with some special unique monsters that have a 25% chance to spawn(snake, crocodile, + more) that once killed give a chunk of exp and gold and a guranteed legendary
- Cesspools no longer spawn in greater rifts
- Chance to get the "cow" rift has been increased
- All resplendant chests throughout sanctuary now have 100% chance to drop a legendary
- New shop has been added to town to allow players to spend their excess gold on gems, craft mats, bloodshards, rift keys, trial keys (more to come)

Bounties

- Greatly increased the variety of bounties found throughout sanctuary (more dungeons, more cursed chests, more unique bounty targets, and more unique ideas yet to come!)
- Ring of royal grandeur has now been added as a cache item to acts 2-5
- Drastically increased the amount of blood shards received in a cache (based on difficulty level)
- Blood shards are no longer received after completion of bountys

Monsters

- Many a4/a5 monsters have had their "special attacks" overall damaged reduced. Some examples: Morlu incinerators, winged assasins, exarchs, anarchs, corrupted angels, enslaved nightmares
- Frozen no longer does damage while standing in the aura before it explodes
- Damage from frozen explosions has been slightly increased
- Damage from jailer has been significantly reduced
- Damage per thunderstorm tick has been slightly reduced

Rifts

- Density has been reworked to have less empty spaces between monsters
- Rift guardians now drop slightly more craft materials after being killed
- Trial keys dropped from Rift guardians no longer show a star on minimap or make the legendary sound when dropping
- Created more rift guardian bosses to give players more of a selection

Greater Rifts

- Trials no longer exist but instead pull up a menu that lets you choose the difficulty of the grift you want to attempt (up to the highest level completed. If no grifts have been completed you must start at level 1. The number of the grift you completed is different depending on the number of players in your game
- All pylons have been removed from greater rifts
- Monster damage scaling has been slightly reduced with level 30 and higher greater rifts
- Players may now ressurect at their bodies with a 10 second wait time
- Map density has been reworked to make density much more continuous with much less empty spaces
- There are now slightly more elites encountered in each level of a greater rift
- Greater rift guardians "loot splosion" has been drastically increased (based on level completed) to actually reflect a "loot splosion". This includes gold, gems, craft mats, and legendaries. To cut down on screen clutter gold will be shown in a few high random piles. For example completing a level 35 grift and killing a RG will now yield 8-10 million gold, 30-40 craft mats of every type, 4-5 imperial gems of every type, and 4-6 legendaries. The philosophy behind this is that we want players to feel rewarded for pushing themselves to the absolute max and we intended to have Grifts be the end game farming method and not more endless t6 rifts
- Exp per monster killed and per greater rift completion has been slightly increased
- Created more Grift guardians to give players more of a selection

Items

- Double unitys no longer work with follower cannot die relics
- Ramalandi's gifts may now be used on jewlry. Initially we did not do this because we wanted to take some focus away from ChC and ChD but then we realized people just started rolling main stat off of jewlry instead.
- With limited time to gear in seasons and with the addition of many new legendaries and seasonal only legendaries it is becomming harder and harder to find certain items you are looking for. To help alleviate this problem we are taking a fraction of a percent off of some of the super common legendaries and adding them to the extremely rare ones. Some examples are: witching hour, lacunis, wand of woh, SMK, kridershot, calamity, res ammulets, furnace, etc

Class balance

- Class balance is something we want to go into big time next patch and is still being worked on, but to give the community a heads up here is a short list of things we are looking to achieve.

Melee classes - increase the innate class damage reduction from 30% to 50%

Barbarian

- Reduce the duration that earthquake does its damage in while keeping the total amount of damage the same. Reduced from 8 seconds to 5 seconds
- Increase the single target dps on some skills
- Rework some warcries to improve teams overall offensive capabilities
- Give the barbarian a passive that when he dies he doesn't actually die

Monk

- Rework raimant of a thousand storms
- Make lightning a viable build as good as SWK

Witch Doctor

- Change zunimassa set to actually be BiS for pet builds (gives fetishes bonus dmg or something)
- Completely rework helltooth set because its so useless

Demon Hunter

- Make lightning build good and viable
- Completely rework shadow set to work with lightning and be not completely useless
- Give the demon hunter more viable builds overall so if a player does not want to go sentries, he not only has other choices but he is able to make it out of torment 2

Crusader

- Rework rolands so someone actually uses it
- Fix blessed shield damage and bounce damage so it is a fun viable build again with foote + jekangbord

Wizard

- Make archon viable and useful again
- Make tal rasha set end game and viable
- Add % archon damage to item slots
- Make vyr set 6 pieces and make it useful

Thats about all i can think of atm, will add more later on if i think of it :)

tl:dr... cliff notes for the reading impaired:

All classes have been completely equalized. There is no longer a need to play a particular class, in fact we have removed the option of selecting a class at start and replaced it with a wheel of fate. This will automatically choose what class you play for you. No thinking on your part required.

All players now start at level 70, Paragon 2000.

All players now start with 100,000,000,000 gold.

All players now start with the best gear possible for that class.

All players now start with 1,000,000,000 imperial gems.

Re-rolling stats on items has had the cost completely removed. No longer will fate destroy your gaming fun. When re-rolling an item, simply select the stat you want and the effects of that stat from the drop down menu.

A new auto button has been implemented. Once pressed, you can go out and eat while the game plays itself for you.

etc.
What you really mean is decreased time and effort. Which equals a cheesed out arcade version of a classic franchise. Diablo is meant to be a challange. Can't take the heat? get out of hell.
10/03/2014 03:29 PMPosted by RickinVa
*Note not all of these ideas are original or am I trying to take credit for them, but a good idea is a good idea ;), hope you all enjoy reading them!*

Crafting

- Increased arcane dust per salvage to 3-5
- Increased veiled crystal per salvage to 2-4
- Increased the amount of craft mats dropped from Rift guardians by 50%
- Drastically increased the amount of craft mats dropped from Grift guardians based on difficulty level
- Time it takes to craft up to the next level of gem has been cut in half
- All craft materials have now been moved to the bloodshard and gold display window and will now be picked up automatically when running over them

Quality of life

- Added an option to gameplay menu to autopick up health potions or not
- Rift/Grift % completed now displays at all times without having to scroll over the completion bar
- Changed Rift keys and trial keys to stack up to 1000
- Changed rift keys and trial keys to be pulled from your stash instead of inventory
- Blood share cap raised from 500 to 1000

Clans & communities

- Maximum members increased from 150 to 300
- Scrolling over the roster of names now shows how long someone has been signed off for
- Created a seperate clan tab called "activity" which shows only when someone signs on/off in clan and if someone joins/leaves clan
- Added the ability to add a fourth rank to the clan (new members/veterans/officers/leader)

Seasons

- Adventure mode will now be locked at the start of any new season

Bug fixes

- Fixed an issue where sentries would stop attacking on terror demons (including orlash the RG) and not attack any other enemies until the terror demon has reappeared
- Fixed an issue where zombie dog and tall mans finger would lose massive amounts of hp when a player leaves or joins your game
- Fixed an issue where players were able to take pylons buffs to boss/uber encounters

General

- Cesspools have been reworked to both eliminate the lag/fps issues in them and make them fun and rewarding when you hit them. A variety of special chests + events have been added along with some special unique monsters that have a 25% chance to spawn(snake, crocodile, + more) that once killed give a chunk of exp and gold and a guranteed legendary
- Cesspools no longer spawn in greater rifts
- Chance to get the "cow" rift has been increased
- All resplendant chests throughout sanctuary now have 100% chance to drop a legendary
- New shop has been added to town to allow players to spend their excess gold on gems, craft mats, bloodshards, rift keys, trial keys (more to come)

Bounties

- Greatly increased the variety of bounties found throughout sanctuary (more dungeons, more cursed chests, more unique bounty targets, and more unique ideas yet to come!)
- Ring of royal grandeur has now been added as a cache item to acts 2-5
- Drastically increased the amount of blood shards received in a cache (based on difficulty level)
- Blood shards are no longer received after completion of bountys

Monsters

- Many a4/a5 monsters have had their "special attacks" overall damaged reduced. Some examples: Morlu incinerators, winged assasins, exarchs, anarchs, corrupted angels, enslaved nightmares
- Frozen no longer does damage while standing in the aura before it explodes
- Damage from frozen explosions has been slightly increased
- Damage from jailer has been significantly reduced
- Damage per thunderstorm tick has been slightly reduced

Rifts

- Density has been reworked to have less empty spaces between monsters
- Rift guardians now drop slightly more craft materials after being killed
- Trial keys dropped from Rift guardians no longer show a star on minimap or make the legendary sound when dropping
- Created more rift guardian bosses to give players more of a selection

Greater Rifts

- Trials no longer exist but instead pull up a menu that lets you choose the difficulty of the grift you want to attempt (up to the highest level completed. If no grifts have been completed you must start at level 1. The number of the grift you completed is different depending on the number of players in your game
- All pylons have been removed from greater rifts
- Monster damage scaling has been slightly reduced with level 30 and higher greater rifts
- Players may now ressurect at their bodies with a 10 second wait time
- Map density has been reworked to make density much more continuous with much less empty spaces
- There are now slightly more elites encountered in each level of a greater rift
- Greater rift guardians "loot splosion" has been drastically increased (based on level completed) to actually reflect a "loot splosion". This includes gold, gems, craft mats, and legendaries. To cut down on screen clutter gold will be shown in a few high random piles. For example completing a level 35 grift and killing a RG will now yield 8-10 million gold, 30-40 craft mats of every type, 4-5 imperial gems of every type, and 4-6 legendaries. The philosophy behind this is that we want players to feel rewarded for pushing themselves to the absolute max and we intended to have Grifts be the end game farming method and not more endless t6 rifts
- Exp per monster killed and per greater rift completion has been slightly increased
- Created more Grift guardians to give players more of a selection

Items

- Double unitys no longer work with follower cannot die relics
- Ramalandi's gifts may now be used on jewlry. Initially we did not do this because we wanted to take some focus away from ChC and ChD but then we realized people just started rolling main stat off of jewlry instead.
- With limited time to gear in seasons and with the addition of many new legendaries and seasonal only legendaries it is becomming harder and harder to find certain items you are looking for. To help alleviate this problem we are taking a fraction of a percent off of some of the super common legendaries and adding them to the extremely rare ones. Some examples are: witching hour, lacunis, wand of woh, SMK, kridershot, calamity, res ammulets, furnace, etc

Class balance

- Class balance is something we want to go into big time next patch and is still being worked on, but to give the community a heads up here is a short list of things we are looking to achieve.

Melee classes - increase the innate class damage reduction from 30% to 50%

Barbarian

- Reduce the duration that earthquake does its damage in while keeping the total amount of damage the same. Reduced from 8 seconds to 5 seconds
- Increase the single target dps on some skills
- Rework some warcries to improve teams overall offensive capabilities
- Give the barbarian a passive that when he dies he doesn't actually die

Monk

- Rework raimant of a thousand storms
- Make lightning a viable build as good as SWK

Witch Doctor

- Change zunimassa set to actually be BiS for pet builds (gives fetishes bonus dmg or something)
- Completely rework helltooth set because its so useless

Demon Hunter

- Make lightning build good and viable
- Completely rework shadow set to work with lightning and be not completely useless
- Give the demon hunter more viable builds overall so if a player does not want to go sentries, he not only has other choices but he is able to make it out of torment 2

Crusader

- Rework rolands so someone actually uses it
- Fix blessed shield damage and bounce damage so it is a fun viable build again with foote + jekangbord

Wizard

- Make archon viable and useful again
- Make tal rasha set end game and viable
- Add % archon damage to item slots
- Make vyr set 6 pieces and make it useful

Thats about all i can think of atm, will add more later on if i think of it :)

tl:dr... cliff notes for the reading impaired:

All classes have been completely equalized. There is no longer a need to play a particular class, in fact we have removed the option of selecting a class at start and replaced it with a wheel of fate. This will automatically choose what class you play for you. No thinking on your part required.

All players now start at level 70, Paragon 2000.

All players now start with 100,000,000,000 gold.

All players now start with the best gear possible for that class.

All players now start with 1,000,000,000 imperial gems.

Re-rolling stats on items has had the cost completely removed. No longer will fate destroy your gaming fun. When re-rolling an item, simply select the stat you want and the effects of that stat from the drop down menu.

A new auto button has been implemented. Once pressed, you can go out and eat while the game plays itself for you.

etc.

Yes that is exactly what I posted, tnx for taking the time to sum it all up with your ever so witty response.

10/03/2014 03:41 PMPosted by OMGBBQLOL
What you really mean is decreased time and effort. Which equals a cheesed out arcade version of a classic franchise. Diablo is meant to be a challange. Can't take the heat? get out of hell.

There is nothing about decresed time and effort. A game can be challenging and fun however your missing the main two points.

1.) Fixing imbalances and issues and shortening a giant gap between character classes is not cheesing out anything. Its balancing things.

2.) Taking 2 years to find an item is not fun. Finding that item after 2 years and having it roll so bad you couldn't possibly use it and then having to farm another 2 years to get one again is really not fun.

You also have to take seasons into account now as well. Whether seasons are 3 months or 6 months or however long they are, you should be able to fully gear at least one character if not a couple. I am not talking about 100% perfect stats like a witching hour that's 500/500/7/50 but you should be able to deck out your characters in a season which MOST are not able to do at all.
I would actually consider playing this game again if this patch came out. Sadly though, this will never happen and the game will stay terrible.