Etrayu vs Unbound Bolt

Demon Hunter
I have received competing advice on my question, so I was wondering if there might be a consensus on here.

I have a rolled Unbound Bolt with:
2,792 dps
+1198-1470 cold dmg
+10% dmg
+32% Crit Dmg
+734 Dex
socket

And an unrolled and ungifted Etrayu with:
2,623 dps
+1151-1360 cold dmg
+8% dmg
+20% cold dmg
+637 dex
no socket (yet)

I would guess I would reroll the Etrayu flat dmg to near perfect and then gift.

Not sure which weapon I should go for - the rolled UB or a rerolled/gifted Etrayu?

Thanks!

P.
etrayu without a doubt..20% cold damage>chd
Unbound without a doubt. Cold skills are only 60% of your total sentry dmg. Etrayu would be better only if perfectly rolled (20% cold dmg and max dps). In this case your Unbound has way more dps than Etrayu so it wins hands down.
Ok well thanks all for clearing that up!:) I suppose I should use d3profile and math it out..?
I didn't see the reroll part. Probably you Etrayu is quite near perfection and thus would give you more dps. Try with d3profile tho just to be sure :)
On the face value of things, my general impression is that 20% Cold is probably better than 32% CHD; but of course your unbound bolt has 2% more flat damage and more dex.

My gut feeling would be that the Etrayu at max rolled flat damage would be better, though. Math it out, I'd like to find out.
I mathed it out.

Nand is correct, but the difference is very small.

Vs single elite target, if I reroll my etrayu to perfect flat damage, the UB out dps' the etrayu by 1.0%. Against 3 targets, the UB out dps' the etrayu by 0.2% (as cold is relatively more important for aoe).

Incidentally, if my etrayu had +10% dmg mod (rather than 8%) then it would potentially (with perfect flat dmg rolls) outperform the UB by 0.8% single target and 1.6% with 3 aoe targets.

TLDR; I shouldn't waste a rama gift on this etrayu given my UB.

P.
Wow I had no idea UB would be that strong.

To be honest I thought if you re-rolled the Etrayu up to 2750 (i think that is around max with 8%) the extra 20% elemental would beat 34% Chd + 40 higher weapon dmg.

Very eye opening for me as I have a 2800 Unbound with 35 chd, but only 670 dex and my second best etrayu is only 2730.
I predicted the Etrayu would be better, so that means I'm wrong, doesn't it?
Oh I guess, I took your second para prediction to suggest your first para prediction to be on the side of UB being better, sorry!
This makes me want to roll up a bunch of Unbound Bolts!
check out my UB. I replaced my 2700 calamity with it.
10/08/2014 07:44 AMPosted by TheOmegaMan

Unless you can reroll the IAS to dex, I'd disenchant that.

My gf rolled this unbound bolt on her very first craft, its nearly as good as my near perfect Etrayu.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hdizzle-1454/hero/52634191
Wait, this is all just too much for me to handle...Does this actually mean that there is a crafted legendary that is not useless?

On another note, is the Unbound Bolt used for a particular DH build? For example, sentry build only, 4.15 breakpoint build only, etc. I don't see anything in the affixes that would indicate to me that it is specialized.

I don't have M6 yet, so I can't test it with a full sentry build.
well he has 9k dex so might not matter to lose 700dex on the weapon

OP: i wouldnt waste a gift on that etrayu, wait till you get a 10% one

o/
10/08/2014 07:49 AMPosted by Synapse
10/08/2014 07:44 AMPosted by TheOmegaMan

Unless you can reroll the IAS to dex, I'd disenchant that.

My gf rolled this unbound bolt on her very first craft, its nearly as good as my near perfect Etrayu.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hdizzle-1454/hero/52634191

the -30 req makes me drool.

I crafted one with 1199-1489 damage roll and changed ias to 10%. It's 2808 DPS i think.
10/08/2014 08:04 AMPosted by Boozehound
Wait, this is all just too much for me to handle...Does this actually mean that there is a crafted legendary that is not useless?

On another note, is the Unbound Bolt used for a particular DH build? For example, sentry build only, 4.15 breakpoint build only, etc. I don't see anything in the affixes that would indicate to me that it is specialized.

I don't have M6 yet, so I can't test it with a full sentry build.

From the discussion it seems that it is most suitable for Frostfire 2.84 M6, since the damage comes from 60% cold and 40% fire skills, so a very high DPS unbound bolt with 35 chd may outperform a mediocre damage Etrayu that has cold elemental %.
@PwrdOff

Thanks for clarification. Guess I probably don't need to try crafting a UB to replace my Nat's bow in that case.
10/08/2014 08:12 AMPosted by PwrdOff

From the discussion it seems that it is most suitable for Frostfire 2.84 M6, since the damage comes from 60% cold and 40% fire skills, so a very high DPS unbound bolt with 35 chd may outperform a mediocre damage Etrayu that has cold elemental %.

Actually, for a cookie cutter frostfire m6 build, a perfect etrayu and a perfect UB will be virtually indistinguishable in dps. My analysis above assumed that the 20% etrayu was rerolled with perfect flat damage (and my UB isn't perfect).