Etrayu vs Unbound Bolt

Demon Hunter
...... danngggggggg
this changes everything!!!
going to bankcrupt my FS stash tonight lol

thanks MrPetrov
10/08/2014 08:04 AMPosted by Boozehound
Wait, this is all just too much for me to handle...Does this actually mean that there is a crafted legendary that is not useless?

[/quote]

You mean like Arcane Barbs before 2.1?
Someone made a thread on reddit about weapon rankings for M6. Etrayu and Unbound Bolt with optimal stats were very similar.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3DemonHunters/comments/2guluv/weapon_rankings_spreadsheet_updated_with_unbound/
10/08/2014 09:24 AMPosted by MrPetrov
10/08/2014 08:12 AMPosted by PwrdOff

From the discussion it seems that it is most suitable for Frostfire 2.84 M6, since the damage comes from 60% cold and 40% fire skills, so a very high DPS unbound bolt with 35 chd may outperform a mediocre damage Etrayu that has cold elemental %.

Actually, for a cookie cutter frostfire m6 build, a perfect etrayu and a perfect UB will be virtually indistinguishable in dps. My analysis above assumed that the 20% etrayu was rerolled with perfect flat damage (and my UB isn't perfect).

Even better! As my best Etrayu is 2778 dps with 17 or 18% Elemental and my UB is 2808 with 35 CHD.

Cheers man!
Thanks for the incentive to roll Unbound Bolts.

I've been waiting forever for a decent Bow to replace a middlin' Windforce and now I think I have a winner. After about 40 tries I received this:

2804.3 DPS
+1199-1485 Cold Damage
+10% Damage (after rerolling 7% AS)
+744 Dex
+35% CHD

+199 Exp
+2.0 Chance to Blind

With my current Physical build, this is about as good as it gets. Perhaps a good Calamity may sway me to upgrade, but I've only seen one crappy one in 500 PL.
10/08/2014 03:29 PMPosted by Epiphani
After about 40 tries I received this:

... wow 40 rolls?
I don't have mat for even half that number on my season lol

can you let me know what was the DPS number with the 7%AS instead of the 10% damage?

thanks
People though I was crazy and nooby for using my UB Bolt until I got amazing Helltrappers.

Well rolled UB is easily one of your best (and most easily obtained) options for 2.84 bp. If you don't have the luck to have a 4.15 bp setup yet and have a poor 2Hbow for 2.84, roll one of these badboys
Dang, crafted 5 now before going to bed just to have an idea. It's going to be expensive to get a gg one I think.
Check out mine.... Been using it for a couple of weeks now
we really should point out that this is a stepping stone bow. Use this until you can find your Uksang, Etrayu, or Kridershot. Or until you can move up to 4.15, where bows aren't allowed. ;-)
If you are running a fire/cold hybrid build, a GG Etrayu/Unbound Bolt are essentially as effective as each other (like splitting hairs).

That's something to also consider, as it's a lot easier to bank mats for crafting a GG Unbound Bolt as opposed to farming T6 Rifts or Kadala for a GG Etrayu...

And for all you players reading this and are wishing you had a TnT, if you have Hexing Pants of Mr Yan then an Unbound Bolt with attack speed makes it a little easier to reach 2.16 (you only need 45% ASI with a 2hbow at 1.5 APS) :-)

Silver
10/08/2014 08:47 PMPosted by Silver
And for all you players reading this and are wishing you had a TnT, if you have Hexing Pants of Mr Yan then an Unbound Bolt with attack speed makes it a little easier to reach 2.16 (you only need 45% ASI with a 2hbow at 1.5 APS) :-)

This is an excellent idea I hadn't considered.
and what about the other crafted bow.....?

It roll 10% elite dmg instead of 35% CD. Could be better?
Hexing pants are more rare than Taskers, though. So it isn't exactly an easy alternative for most players.

I've been waiting forever for a decent Bow to replace a middlin' Windforce and now I think I have a winner. After about 40 tries I received this:

2804.3 DPS
+1199-1485 Cold Damage
+744 Dex
+35% CHD

+199 Exp
+2.0 Chance to Blind

With my current Physical build, this is about as good as it gets. Perhaps a good Calamity may sway me to upgrade, but I've only seen one crappy one in 500 PL.

Wow thats an amazing roll... its currently the 18th best unbound bolt on US SC.
10/09/2014 05:38 AMPosted by Phoenix
and what about the other crafted bow.....?

It roll 10% elite dmg instead of 35% CD. Could be better?

That’s a good question
I don’t really know but then again I don’t have the plan to craft it anyways lol

I crafted a decent Unbound Bolt last night, not the greatest but it’ll do for now
2758.1 DPS
1191-1433 Cold Damage
10% damage
712 Dex
35% CD
6879 Life after kill
+ 151 Monster experience
Socket (gifted)

This is after the 5th crafted bow and about 20 rerolls in before I hit 10% damage … kept on rolling 8% at first >_<

Any who I feel a lot stronger now
Now the journey to find a WH =)
10/09/2014 08:52 AMPosted by Synapse

2804.3 DPS
+1199-1485 Cold Damage
+744 Dex
+35% CHD

+199 Exp
+2.0 Chance to Blind

I disagree with that site. EVERY Unbound Bolt (worldwide) that is deemed "better", has it's value inflated by attack speed, which we all know is a virtually worthless stat for this bow. I liken this Bolt to may actually be #1 worldwide :)

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/viewlegendary/513/0/normal/world/Unbound-Bolt.html

2804.3 DPS
+1199-1485 Cold Damage
+744 Dex
+35% CHD

+199 Exp
+2.0 Chance to Blind

I wonder how mine stacks up.

2807.4 DPS
1199-1489 Cold damage
+10% ED
+688 Dex
35% CHD

+8455 Life after kill
Level requirement reduced by 15.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2i70jva.jpg
Thanks for posting this, been holding off on the next bp because I never found etrayu, but now crafted a sick UB ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mikhail-1367/hero/34390401 ), 2734dps and instantly bumped up 2 grifts.

I disagree with that site. EVERY Unbound Bolt (worldwide) that is deemed "better", has it's value inflated by attack speed, which we all know is a virtually worthless stat for this bow. I liken this Bolt to may actually be #1 worldwide :)

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/viewlegendary/513/0/normal/world/Unbound-Bolt.html

Agreed. D3L ranks items by the same criteria across the board. My 2 main issuess is:
1 - it applies score based off the DPS of the weapon instead of splitting the DPS score into it's three components (Damage roll, %Dam, and IAS),
2 - no score for the legendary value of item (which even if scored is subjective to what value each effect is worth.)

Fun to use for e-peen'ing but not always great to use to see what are the 'best' items especially when dealing with classes that don't necessarily value IAS equally (like with breakpoints.)