3rd Party program is killing the game

General Discussion
10/07/2014 09:39 PMPosted by ThePureOne
Im done with Diablo if Blizzard does not take action in dealing with TurboHD Users.
This game is about finding better cheats to beat the leaderboard.

And Im pretty sure that ALOT of people just dont care about D3 if maphacks continues.

Why bother to play a game where you goal is to find better cheats?

I don't believe that, you are too addicted to Diablo to let go! Your posts clearly show that, you are showing whole world what you do IF Blizzard does not do what YOU want.
You want to command Blizzard to the what YOU want or else...?
Kid, grow up.
10/07/2014 11:47 PMPosted by Fallen
10/07/2014 11:04 PMPosted by Alukat
who cares about cheaters in a single player game?

maybe a little harsh, but not far from the truth...

look, people have cheated in diablo since 1996.. the very essence of diablo is to get better equipment - cheating or not ..

Blizzards answer to this is nerfing Diablo3 to the point where trade is impossible..!
(which actually only gives more incense to cheating)

so people are still cheating in RoS 2.1? ahh yes of course?!?

we hardcore diablo fans tried to explain things earlier on for best diablo gameplay .. we tried and failed - and we certainly did not want all the trade to go away ...

but I guess you players got what you asked for, right?

Well, if trading is possible, i am sure it will encourage more boting since there is an incentive to farm and earn money out of it.

What the removal of AH does is to limit the impact of botting to only the user himself and not flood the market with alot of instant upgrades. It is a right step forward because people will have to grind for equipment instead of paying $$ for instant upgrades.

What blizzard has to do is to scan for third party add-ons and assess software by software to see if they provide unfair advantage for leaderboard...If there is no leaderboard, then we can argue it is truly a single player game and everybody should be deemed fit to use whatever software they prefer.
ahh come on that old tune has been played to much!

I am NOT talking about AH am I??

I am talking about trading ..........

got damnit ...

IF I mention the AH then flame me about AH ....

this is ridiculous .. try play some hardcore with or without $$$ money ...

there is no $$$ in hardcore and there never was!
Why ban botters? There is more important stuff to do (e.g. nerfing the !@#$ out of all non cookie-cutter builds, that cant get past gr 15 anyways).
10/07/2014 11:04 PMPosted by Alukat
who cares about cheaters in a single player game?

Who cares about people who never bought ROS?
Yes, lets all complain about the cheating yutz at the top of the broken season ladder and not about the fact that seasons, and bounties are just more running through the same content we have all been through. White, blue, and yellow items are just vendor trash put there to keep you busy grinding for useless gold and shards to spend on a broken/willfull time sink) crafting system put in place to placate the masses so we forget they took tradeing (one of the foremost reasons for a multiplayer) away.
10/08/2014 05:08 AMPosted by DeckerXT
Yes, lets all complain about the cheating yutz at the top of the broken season ladder and not about the fact that seasons, and bounties are just more running through the same content we have all been through. White, blue, and yellow items are just vendor trash put there to keep you busy grinding for useless gold and shards to spend on a broken/willfull time sink) crafting system put in place to placate the masses so we forget they took tradeing (one of the foremost reasons for a multiplayer) away.

CG, you just summarized what a hack and slay game is about. D2 had nothing else and was a huge success. Gaming is different from competition. It's like comparing a football match with friends to a pro league. You will not cry about what is happening on a different field while playing with friends. In the league you will, because you are in competition (even if you play in a regional league and others in the national league).
Many modern games constantly monitor the players progress and make it available to other players. This creates a constant competition with all resulting consequences.
With no offline single player mode and solo performance being monitored the same way as group play with friends and groupplay with powergamers, the competetive part becomes over dominant in games like diablo 3, that are more meant like a relaxing activity.
Scientists are analysis those differences for centuries now, but modern game concepters and managers still try to create the all-purpose game (german: eier-legende Wollmilchsau).
10/07/2014 09:50 PMPosted by WeaponWorld
dealing with TurboHD Users

So what is the main advantage that TurboHD gives a player? Does it just mean they can find the exit faster, or are there other things they use that help them as well?

TurboHud does a bunch of things which the native interface should have been doing since May 2012, like including accurate cool down timers, a damage done tracker and details on edps and ehp... All information which the game makes available but very hard to access.

It also displays features on your minimap like shrines, mobs (including elites), chests and exits. Because it reads information streamed to your local client it isn't limited to purely what's on your screen, you load maps to your minimap one tileset at a time and mobs are picked up from about 2 screens away instead of 1 if youre going off the visible display. I'm told this is the main advantage to it in grifts, users are better able to locate elite packs and navigate dead end maps.

This is also the contentious part of what it does.

Kind of ironic that if blizzard had implemented a decent hud and minimap in the first case there would likely have been no demand for turbohud.
10/07/2014 10:34 PMPosted by Fumiko
TurboHud = botting. Seriously?

Seems some ppl don't know what they are talking about.

they are hopping on the TurboHUD bandwagoon. Seriously I gave it a try to see what it was all about. All it does is give u the per hour of all ur stats and gains and tells you where the mobs are AFTER you have already walked and cleared the map. It even makes the affxes on the mobs easier to read. If anything its a QoL fixes than a bot.
Just play the game and know that you are not cheating. I am sure that there are people out there with high paragon on Seasons because they only play D3, Seasons, and one character.
Until a week ago 99% of people didn't even know TurboHud existed.
10/07/2014 07:55 PMPosted by Killua
many of friends or other players in my clan use other 3rd party program to play the game

You should clarify what type of software they are using instead of calling it 3rd party programs. You are generalizing every application that is not D3 into one bucket. For example, if you use your web browser to find a new build for your character, you just used a 3rd party program. As dumb as that example may be, it matches the thought put into your original post.

Clearly you mean Bot applications, which automate their characters, and that is indeed a bannable offence. Blizzard does not actively ban players, they roll out ban waves and wipe out mass amounts of accounts at a time.

The more you know.
The program type you are referring to is a "robot" or "bot" for short.

Using such programs I believe violates the ToU. As such do report them.

Additionally be aware that bans do happen in waves. As such they might appear to get away with using them for a while but will eventually get caught out and lose everything. People say Blizzard has the policy of ban waves to prevent immediate feedback to hack developers and also to reduce the chance of false positives.
lol, I don't use any of those 3rd party programs but it's hilarious to me that all you cry babies complaining about turbohud when 99% of you can't even make it to the leaderboard.

some of u wont even be able to solo GR30 with zombie map and 3 conduits.
Im done with Diablo if Blizzard does not take action in dealing with TurboHD Users.
This game is about finding better cheats to beat the leaderboard.

Reading comprehension for the win, neh? Dude, you're frothing at the mouth a bit and you might want to wipe that off. OP talking about botting which is a much, much, MUCH larger advantage. Try to keep up even if your purity blinds you from time to time.
10/08/2014 01:26 AMPosted by Fallen

there is no $$$ in hardcore and there never was!

Before ROS (BoA) you could buy gear in hardcore.
the problem with hacks and bots:

the guys making these hacks and bots usually are people dedicated or in search of profits. So they spend a good amount of time in making them "undetectable".

now blizzard employees are more likely just working 9-5 or 8-4. ON THE CLOCK.

once they punch out at 4-5 pm they don't care, because they are not getting PAID.

so how are they supposed to implement anti-cheat measures?

in every online game ever made that had a good player base, there have been hacks. it's a fact that it cost too much resources to catch them all.

Specially in the case of the diablo franchise, it's a 1 time pay and forget business model.

At least we got patches and add-ons and fixes. i'm grateful for this. i rather them make improvements to the game instead of spending those resources to catch all cheaters.

Don't get me wrong i do not condone cheating in any way, but the reality is that you can only do it in a paid subcription based MMORPG, since you have constant revenue and you can allocate a portion to combat this. But even then there are plenty of working hacks that get around this.

Remember most hackers or 3rd party program developers are kids/college students/or stay at mom's basement couch potatoes with nothing better to do. in other words they have all the time in the world to make this happen.

There are also people that do it as a hobby, and when you are working on your hobby, most likelly you are determined. Determination = success.

that's my 2 cents.
The sheer amount of misinformation and herp derp in this thread is amazing. Oh wait, this is Diablo 'General Discussion'. Nevermind.