Remove Sets....

Items and Crafting
Lower difficulty? Atm there is only one main Set for each class...I would like to experiment with Legendaries and Synergies but this one ultimate set for each class system makes it impossible.

Thoughts?
You can do that all by yourself. Just use non set gear and play normal.
What's impossible about rolling another character and gearing it differently from your main?
I don't understand how the sets are interfering with your ability to try out other playstyles.

If you're referring to not being able to complete the highest level content, then yes, you're correct in your assertion.

But isn't the allure of Diablo to actually play around with builds, regardless of their strength, and see what you can do with the choices out there? It seems that people just don't want to do this with D3 and are focused on just playing at maximum efficiency all the times.

If you want viable T6 builds and aren't concerned with cracking GRift 35+, then there are tons of options available for you to fiddle around with.

Most the people that are complaining on the boards have cookie cutter characters that haven't really experimented with anything in the game. They rush to the best possible build possible that someone figured out long ago, and lament that there isn't anything to do in the game.

Well, yeah... if you bypass the majority of the content you'll quickly get bored of the game.

So just try out the builds. Who cares if it isn't the best build for your character class. The best part is you'll constantly be tweaking it, and items will drop pretty frequently that let you alter your build and upgrade it as well.
One ultimate set for each class is only partially true...with a few classes completely untrue.

RRoG is the solution. 1 less piece needed generally allows for much variation. My most single set dominant build is my DH. Even that character though has more than just a full set of marauders.

I have a 3 piece set bonus of blackthorn's going. I have the 2 piece set bonus of Danetta's going. I use a cinder coat and the APD bracers. Really all the character needs imo is a unity ring.
10/09/2014 06:45 AMPosted by DewFuel
I don't understand how the sets are interfering with your ability to try out other playstyles.

If you're referring to not being able to complete the highest level content, then yes, you're correct in your assertion.

But isn't the allure of Diablo to actually play around with builds, regardless of their strength, and see what you can do with the choices out there? It seems that people just don't want to do this with D3 and are focused on just playing at maximum efficiency all the times.

If you want viable T6 builds and aren't concerned with cracking GRift 35+, then there are tons of options available for you to fiddle around with.

Most the people that are complaining on the boards have cookie cutter characters that haven't really experimented with anything in the game. They rush to the best possible build possible that someone figured out long ago, and lament that there isn't anything to do in the game.

Well, yeah... if you bypass the majority of the content you'll quickly get bored of the game.

So just try out the builds. Who cares if it isn't the best build for your character class. The best part is you'll constantly be tweaking it, and items will drop pretty frequently that let you alter your build and upgrade it as well.

^This. /thread
Removing sets won't accomplish anything because everyone is still going to go for what is considered the "best build"

So with sets removed another lengedary piece/set up will step up and everyone will build the same character and again the public will say there isn't innovation or selection..

Using D2 as an example (since everyone loves to draw the D2 comparison)... everyone used a shako, call to arms, enigma etc. there will always be specific items that everyone will all use if they are gunning to have the "best" character, in the present case... the spefici setup just happens to be set items... if they remove set items then it's just a "set" of legendaries that everyone will flock to... so similar to what the others wrote above.. if you want to be the "best" or have the "best" gear you will never truly have a choice since you'll be using the same gear as other high-end players.... but nothing stops you from mixing and matches your own gear....
The real problem is that we only have 12 character slots. Mine are all used up, geared with sets and I would like to gear out some more guys with all this stuff I keep collecting. I still haven't geared a helltooth WD or Invoker guy, on top of just trying some of the cool legs. Oh yeah, I might even try seasons if Blizz bumped up the number of character slots.
The leaderboards are like drag racing. You need a special car to compete in Drag races. To compete in leaderboards you need a special set of gear. Deal with it, or do something else.
They just need to add more sets that are of the same power as the curent ones. That will come with time I hope
I would say add more sets so we aren't forced to have all the same builds to be able to do damage for high level Rifts.
10/09/2014 06:46 AMPosted by Anjinsan
RRoG is the solution. 1 less piece needed generally allows for much variation.
Actually, RoRG only means something if you are using more then one set or need a specific Legendary that would normally be needed as a set item. For example, if I wore a 6 set and legendaries only, I would probably drop the RoRG in favor of an SoJ. Also, RoRG is not a solution to making Legendaries the equals of sets. Quite the opposite, it makes sets > legendaries.

10/09/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Drunkentroll
They just need to add more sets that are of the same power as the curent ones. That will come with time I hope

I'd rather see better Legendaries for each slot, to compete with set bonuses. Or a general synergy between Legendaries that makes having 2-3 synergize as well as a set of the same.
Actually, I'm getting tired of being forced to use RROG and SOJ for rings so better legendaries might alleviate that?
10/13/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Hiroko
I'd rather see better Legendaries for each slot, to compete with set bonuses. Or a general synergy between Legendaries that makes having 2-3 synergize as well as a set of the same.

This.