I don't play Greater Rifts because I hate trials.

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10
Trials are the biggest fail in Diablo after the auction house. what the heck where you doing during beta patch?

I wish someone with a brain had something to say at blizzard diablo department.
+1 community consensis shows we do not like trials
TRIALS 2014
Trials are for you DH stoopid. DUH!
+1 OP

trials are one of the worst things in this game right now and need to be removed.

They never should have been implemented in the first place.
Imagine you would have to pass a driving license exam each time you drive a car. Sounds logical.
10/08/2014 04:05 PMPosted by Merloin
I hate GRs not only because of the trials but because of the timing aspect. I don't understand how Bliz thinks that putting a time limit on completion is a good assessment of a build. All it does is force every build to be the same thing and kill as fast as possible.

Believe it or not, there are builds out there that could compete at higher levels that simply take longer than 15 minutes to finish the rift. Why the need to limit the build diversity with some unnecessary time limit?

Then again, build diversity isn't real a strong suit of D3 to begin with.

Agree whole heartedly! I HATE being timed in a video game. I am playing for fun and want to experience the content at my leisure.
Since someone else necroed this thread already... trials suck. They are universally despised. Forcing us to grind them is a clear indication that Blizzard is not in touch with their player base or doesn't care.
Necro thread is necro.
Trials are terrible and I haven't done a GR in about 2 months because of them. I'm not hardcore enough to get a specific group of players together for GRs, and public GRs don't work either because at least one person leaves after the trials are over.

Why are they ignoring the fact that EVERYONE hates trials?
02/01/2015 10:54 AMPosted by JeffChrist

Black and white fallicy.

Not everyone hates trials. Enough people hate them to get to 10 pages on the forums.

I spend at most 5 minutes on a trial. Then I spend time on a series of GRifts where I get a LOT of leg drops.

That's how I play GRifts, when I play them. And I enjoy it.

The trial determines (usually 4-5 levels low) where I should start, based upon the gear I am wearing at the time of the trial, and the skills I am using at the time of the trial. That is what a trial does.
02/01/2015 11:02 AMPosted by Virtueboy
02/01/2015 10:54 AMPosted by JeffChrist

Black and white fallicy.

Not everyone hates trials. Enough people hate them to get to 10 pages on the forums.

I spend at most 5 minutes on a trial. Then I spend time on a series of GRifts where I get a LOT of leg drops.

That's how I play GRifts, when I play them. And I enjoy it.

The trial determines (usually 4-5 levels low) where I should start, based upon the gear I am wearing at the time of the trial, and the skills I am using at the time of the trial. That is what a trial does.

Ruh rohs we have an outlier. Internetz is ruined
I hate trials as well. I'm not one of those people who can breach into the higher grifts, but it's still an annoyance to me.
02/01/2015 12:17 PMPosted by Shadow
Ruh rohs we have an outlier. Internetz is ruined

bad beat!!! :p
I hate trials, but I also find more and more that I hate greater rifts themselves.

I'm sick of racing the clock. I want to relax and play the game at my own speed. I want the timer removed.