Battle.net desktop app stopped working

Technical Support
Hello can someone help me with this problem on october 10.10.2014 i was playing diablo without problems but today i i got this problem i try to downlad the game only it gets to 17 % and pops out messege that can't transfer the other information if ennyone can help me ill be grateful
The same problem here. I try reinstall and nothnig.
This issue is still under investigation. Users report that quickly pressing the play button before the error appears will usually let them into the game. As a workaround, bypassing the launcher can also work.

To do that:

1. Go into the Diablo III folder.
2. Locate the DiabloIII.exe, right click on it and select "create shortcut".
3. Move the newly created shortcut to the Desktop.
4. Right click on the shortcut and select "properties".
5. Add -launch after the quotation mark at the end of the "Target" field.

Example target line: "C:\Users\Public\Games\Diablo III" -launch

6. Click on Apply and OK.
7. Completely close the Battle.net launcher.
8. Launch Diablo III by using the new shortcut.

I'm afraid that won't work for them Omrakos. They're having problems downloading patch information for the game. Without that patch having been downloaded and fully installed by the Battle.net app, you can't even launch the game at all.

But there is. Being all alone in a crowd.』
i just got off tech phone support, we may have found a fix..i have 8.1 windows, he suggested i create a new login acount, its easy, and reloads default settings as old one may hve been corrupted, all info is still there no worries, i did not get error, and am reloading now with no problems, (because i deleted d3 as the final workaround, then could not reload whithout gettin same error) so far so good may be a fix
ok im in, it worked, put in a new login name for compute startup, i did one with a diff email is all, it worked, im playing
did this help anyone?
Nope. did not work. It looked like it would for about 10 seconds then when I went to the D3 tab, the app died. It was the vanilla D3 app (brown) which gave me a moments hope - false hope it seems., since I have RoS registered on my primary account, I thought the hoped for "reset" was working.

close but no cigar -
i didnt mean change account name in d3 , i meant in windows logon
THANKS! for the explanation starrwizzard!!

I am downloading D3 now - like you I uninstalled D3 trying to get the app to work.

This is a GREAT workaround - a simpler environment cannot hurt performance as well!!

Have a great weekend, and kill, kill, kill demons!!
For those looking to fix this without having to create a new account, you should try the instructions below before creating a new account, since you will want to get to the root of the problem in your primary account. Otherwise you might find yourself in the same situation on the next patch day.

The instructions below will show you how to fix corruption in the Battle.net App files, including all of the Battle.net cache files. This will require you to temporarily enable viewing of hidden files. To do so open any folder and select the Tools menu -> Folder Options... and check the Show Hidden Files option. When you are done you should perform this step again, but instead uncheck the Show Hidden Files option so you do not accidentally leave your computer's operating system open to unintentional damage.

C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\Battle.net

Inside that folder are two folders and a file you should delete:

BrowserCache
Cache
CachedData.db

C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net

You should also delete the following folder entirely and let the Battle.net App rebuild it:

C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

This will eliminate all Battle.net cache files and force the Battle.net App to download the most recent set of Agent files to ensure you have fully up to date Tools files, and should hopefully allow you to get past any issues you are currently having with the Battle.net App.

But there is. Being all alone in a crowd.』
Thanks TheTias - good to know the source of the corruption, for future reference.

Is this list of folders and file exhaustive?
hey tias i was not and did not have success making a new battlenet account, i mearly changed my windows login account, simply done by adding account with a diff email, repeat windows login do not change blizzard account..im playing and happy, ihave 8.1, it is working great now
10/12/2014 06:47 AMPosted by starrwizzard
hey tias i was not and did not have success making a new battlenet account, i mearly changed my windows login account, simply done by adding account with a diff email, repeat windows login do not change blizzard account..im playing and happy, ihave 8.1, it is working great now

My instructions are so you don't have to create a second Windows account at all since you ideally want to fix the problem on the primary account or else it will return on the next patch day.

10/12/2014 04:06 AMPosted by Morbane
Thanks TheTias - good to know the source of the corruption, for future reference.

For the purposes of weeding out corruption for the Battle.net App, yes, these are all the folders you need to deal with. Remember to make sure to re-hide the hidden files "just in case" somebody else uses your computer. You really don't want somebody accidentally nuking important hidden files. ;)
My game crashed twice shortly after starting it on Oct. 11. The next day I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game to try to fix the problem (since there was no obvious reason for the crash), but I got a new error message saying that battle.net was trying to update but it couldn't. So I decided to uninstall battle.net and reinstall the client, but now I'm getting a new error message. Once I hit 54% the install stops and I get the message "Whoops! Looks like something broke. Error Code: 2600." At the bottom of the window is a link that says "More help: BLZBNTAGT00000A28." I have followed this link and done everything it says, including the advanced troubleshooting. I have also followed TheTias' instructions in this thread and I still get the same error. Right now I have no access to D3 and I have no idea what to do next. I have been running this game for several months on my PC with the same settings, I haven't changed anything. The only thing I can think is that the patch that installed when I started the game up last night did something and now I can't play. Please help.
@AlexN7

Did you try the new windows (7or8) new user account?

This fixed my problem - I tried over 15 different things in windows 7 (for me) found in just about every thread under this topic or similar - nothing worked until I made a new user on my windows 7 - I made it an administrator for obvious reasons, and I was installing D3 shortly thereafter.

That is not to say that TheTias' advice wil go unused - but getting in my game time now just the same.

g/l
10/12/2014 04:06 AMPosted by Morbane

For the purposes of weeding out corruption for the Battle.net App, yes, these are all the folders you need to deal with. Remember to make sure to re-hide the hidden files "just in case" somebody else uses your computer. You really don't want somebody accidentally nuking important hidden files. ;)

Ok, This still does not work. Just to be sure I deleted the entire *users/Battle.net folder after it failed once. But I did not stop there, no. I deleted the ProgramFiles & ProgramData/Battle.net folders along with the BlizzardEntertainment folder as well. In fact i cleaned my registry just to be sure no Agent or battle.net files were lingering there with the proposed "corruption".

I hate to be snyde - but pointing back to the player's PC again and again may not really be the solution.

Yes, creating a new windows user works, so the app does work - but somehow the level of corruption goes farther than perhaps some file to delete? Somehow in the last patch, some PCs got a sticky little bug that the average gamer just isnt going to find by deleting files and folders.

Somehow, the programmers need to find the bad code that caused the original corruption. I know it like finding gold on the moon - but ya - there must be more somewhere because my primary PC user profile just simply will not completely load the battle.net app. When once it did - after the 2.1.1.* latest content patch.
I can't even find:
C:\Program Data

so lost :o(
opps, just found it :o)