Why No Love For Bounties &Adventure Mode Outside Rifts?

General Discussion
Currently the least rewarding form of play is to run bounties and outside there is not much to do in the vast 5 acts beside bounties.

First lets talk about bounties:

Advantages:

1- Fast experience.
    2- Good gold.
    3- Guaranteed cache leg on T6.

Problem is with the advantage is experience is not really a determinant of characters strength; gear for the most part is. Gold should not be mentioned any more. The guaranteed cache legs are borderline pointless after you get RoRG and that's only if you are doing T6 to begin with. Basically, the only thing of value you are getting is experience, which is not even that valuable.

Disadvantages:

1- 50% lower leg drops than rifts.
    2- Many of the bounties are pretty bad and can be a chore (queen Ariana, act 3 huge lvl 2 foundry maps were you need to kill all mobs).
    3- No challenge. Actually, this is a large problem with anything outside of GRs currently.
    4- Very low amount of blood shards.

The leg drop rate is extremely significant. Gear is what drive the game after all. You want gear? Do not run bounties. Then of course low shards rate as well make running bounties even less interesting. Simply, running bounties is the least effective way by a huge margin to improve your character.

Challenge:

T6 was not that challenging to being with. Adding gems in the mix now made running T6 for a geared person much easier than running T1 for someone fresh to level 70. TBH, all difficulties below T4 died when crafted gear crafting mats were removed. Then the devs made most gems so powerful at level 1, that equipping them is a huge buff. For someone who is fully decked, I can run a high density T6 rift under 5 minutes easy and I am not even using the strongest build for my class or Harrington. Same can be said regarding bounties.

Bosses:

Going back to difficulty, most bosses can be roflstomped on T6 with relative ease. I would say outside of T6 Mathiael most bossed can be defeated under 1 minute (30 secs for some!) and most of them hit like wet noodles that many elite effects are much more challenging. The reward is also complete garbage. Kill boss get 5 rares. Wohoo?! As a D2 veteran I view bosses (at least act bosses) as something supposed to be challenging and rewarding. Neither is correct. In fact, the devs went even further dropping the bounty rewards for killing most bosses, so now unless they are on your bounty radar you won't even consider them.

I am not suggesting that we make the game revolve around boss runs, but they should be an option for challenge and reward and they offer neither.

Purple mobs:

I always feel these are a missed opportunity. These could have been much more challenging and rewarding, but right now they much less challenging and rewarding than you average elite mob.

Adventure mode:

TBH, I do not feel anything "adventurous" about adventure mode. 1) You should only run rifts for any level of reward 2) your only other option is bounties, which IMO is much more interesting, but much less rewarding 3) want to free roam? Prepare for zero reward. I understand this is opinionated, but what I always viewed Diablo as searching for the big bad evil hoarding the big loot, not go play an 8 minute rift for a chance of leg, which 99.99% is going to be a forgotten soul.
I agree with everything you said. Rifting all day is boring.
You forgot the possibility of Greed's realm from goblins as an advantage.

I still do bounties for a better roll on my RoRG and use my gem for extra gold, (which I could use in rifts as well but speed is more of a factor for rifts) and I check goblin "hot spots" while I do bounties just in case I get another portal for even more gold and the legs from the boss.

But yeah, it gets boring, which is why I have switched to HC.
10/08/2014 02:08 PMPosted by Chili
You forgot the possibility of Greed's realm from goblins as an advantage.

I still do bounties for a better roll on my RoRG and use my gem for extra gold, (which I could use in rifts as well but speed is more of a factor for rifts) and I check goblin "hot spots" while I do bounties just in case I get another portal for even more gold and the legs from the boss.

But yeah, it gets boring, which is why I have switched to HC.

Yeah the main point of Greed's Realm was to make adventure mode more appealing. It does the job, but adventure mode could definitely be better. I enjoy hunting in adventure mode for the chance of getting the realm personally.