Dropped 2.7 billion gold on a quiver.

Demon Hunter
Just last night i dropped 2.7 billion gold rolling 15% sentry damage on a quiver. Now this is not a big deal for me but what are normal people supposed to do? I think the enchanting cost should cap at ten million a roll.
I dropped about 6-7 billion gold on my quiver until I finally got it. I think everybody's in the same boat, pretty much.

I agree that enchanting cost needs to scale more slowly or have a hard cap, you're at a huge disadvantage for getting unlucky at the beginning.

But what do you mean by “normal people”? You're not the only person with boon of the hoarder..
By normal people i mean the newer players who can not casualy blitz t6 rifts, my understanding is they are the majority, maybe i am wrong.
I screenshot this at the beginning of 2.1 (note my crappy gear)

http://puu.sh/bg2oZ/e6ae4fb756.jpg
those ppl will be okay if they get 11% and don't go all out for 15%
once they've reach your gear level where every 1% counts then they'll spend as much

ie: ppl riding the bus and ppl taking a private helicopter to work
10/06/2014 02:04 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
I screenshot this at the beginning of 2.1 (note my crappy gear)

http://puu.sh/bg2oZ/e6ae4fb756.jpg

that is truly luck worthy of remembering in the form of a screen shot.
Anybody can casually blitz T6 once they get the M6 set bonus, imo. (And before then who cares about sentry damage either way?)
You have that many veiled crystal???
I have mules for my veiled crystals.
I HATE rerolling attributes on quivers. There are about a zillion options, most of which won't help you.
If Myriam decides to play hard ball you will pay. Gold isn't a problem any more but mats still are.

Better to go back to Kadala.
mine dropped with 15% sentry
I've been saying that the gold cap should stop at 1 mil an upgrade. Even 10 mil is to much. Their is a LOT of RNG in this game on gear/stats. When it starts taking 3-4 mil a pop to try and get the stat I want...I simply just stop.
Normal people don't spend that much time pushing the same stupid button on the screen that many times, regardless of the cost.

Normal people realize that anything 10-15 is good enough.
10/06/2014 03:10 PMPosted by Franky
Normal people don't spend that much time pushing the same stupid button on the screen that many times, regardless of the cost.

Sometimes to progress you need those higher numbers. My sentry damage was at 10% up until about 5 million when I hit 12%. Took me up to 9 million per roll to hit 14% when I called it good.

Enchanting in this game is stupid. The RNG model for gear is fine, in fact I like it. The RNG model for enchanting just plain sucks. I'd rather we had to spend significantly more mats, we get to choose the attribute we want, and then it rolled a range.

A reasonable compromise would be to cap the per enchant cost. I would like to see it max out at 1M but at least 5M would be reasonable. They won't do this though, it has been suggested many times and there's been no action on it.
10/06/2014 03:10 PMPosted by Franky

And what else do these “normal” people spend their gold on, after an evening of failing higher GRs?
^^
agreed.. I think it's genius. hoarding the !@#$ doesn't do anything. making it cost more each time to ridiculous level is the right call. makes you play more to get more... makes perfect sense.
Like maybe at one point the enchantress should just say "look, the axle on my wagon here can not support the weight of any more gold, we are done here.". and then she leaves your game and never comes back.
Normal people who cannot casually blizz through T6 doesn't care for 40+ grifts as there is no "normal" way for them to do it. So getting anything between 10-15 is OK for most of them. When they reach a point where they care for level 40+ grifts and getting that 15% sentry becomes important, they also happen to be able to blizz through T6 rifts with boon. It kinda comes as a package.

If you are talking about the people who cannot blizz through T6 rifts yet care about the extra 2-3% sentry damage before they get the right gear to increase their damage... Let me break this to you. They are not normal. :)

Weighted rolls should be removed from this game. It doesn't make sense. And If you think there is no such thing go get 10 rings and roll them each for 25 times. Make a note of each stat you get and see for yourselves. (I love conspiracy theories).
10/06/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Agriculture
Like maybe at one point the enchantress should just say "look, the axle on my wagon here can not support the weight of any more gold, we are done here.". and then she leaves your game and never comes back.

ROFL. Made my day.
I thought I was the only one going crazy. Kept rolling 13... 13... 14... for months, yet +15 multiple times on EVERY OTHER skill. I finally got 15% Sentry this week.

... Now I gotta deal with +14% on my chestpiece, and it feels like it's going to be way worse.