Dropped 2.7 billion gold on a quiver.

Demon Hunter
i think my bomba is at 15 mil per roll now and im starting to think that maybe...just maybe 14% is good enough....
10/06/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Agriculture
Like maybe at one point the enchantress should just say "look, the axle on my wagon here can not support the weight of any more gold, we are done here.". and then she leaves your game and never comes back.

TBH it'd make more sense if you just get a login message where the scoundrel just ran off with all your gold and your hoarder gem.

Then gold might actually matter again.
After spending hundreds of millions rerolling a few items, I agree that the gold cost can get a little high.

However, as with any item in D3 you are reliant on luck to get a decent piece. If you want a better piece, you need to invest more time and effort into obtaining that piece. Why should enchanting be any different?

The people who have the spare gold are the people who have spent the time obtaining that gold. That is the nature of D3, those who put in more time are likely to be ahead of those who haven't.
The RNG used in D3 is low quality and has a high repetition tendency.
This means if you are rolling in succession and get nothing it's best to break and do it again later.

No tinfoil hat here just bad coding.
Surprised no one mentioned this...

But is a 15 IAS Rucksack worth rerolling THAT many times, I'm sure you must have been at 13 or 14 Sentry LONG before hitting the billion mark.
10/07/2014 12:10 AMPosted by RobertsMac
Surprised no one mentioned this...

But is a 15 IAS Rucksack worth rerolling THAT many times, I'm sure you must have been at 13 or 14 Sentry LONG before hitting the billion mark.

Well, IAS difference on quiver is practically irrelevant for players that aren't going for either of the high IAS BP (2.84 xbow or 4.15 1h) since the other BPs are quite easy to get to. So his quiver is already incredibly good until he goes for one of those BPs. By they time he gets the rest of the stuff needed to properly hit the BPs without gimp gear, he probably has a good 20B+ gold again anyways.
Gold isn't really the issue, esp after the Boom gem, it's just quite a bit of mats to use for what was likely a 1-2% Sentry upgrade (just guessing here.)

I've been pretty lucky with Sentry rolls so far, gotten 5 or 6 Rucksacks to 15% Sentry.
Is that extra 2 percent really going to matter for the highest of rifts? I stopped at 13% and called it good enough.
I got 15% on mine within a few rolls. That said, I'm not going to blow billions of gold and millions of materials for 1%-2% on anything. If I land 14% and by about 10m per roll it's not popping up...it's staying at 14%. That 1% isn't going to mean squat.
I did over a billion recently on one of mine, so this doesn't shock me too much :)
ha, i know that feeling.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunkelvieh-2742/hero/8640869

my quiver had its 15% sentry on the first 10 trys, and its really a good one (with disc, it would be truly perfect)
however, my helm is at 14% CA dmg (i stick to CA for the single target damage @ 2.84 APS BP) and i'm at 40mil enchant costs. i do have another 2 bil gold but i fail to see why i should do this now (i'm mainly playing my monk now). the chances of NOT getting 15% CA on the helm are slim, given the amount of time and resources spent for it. but what the heck, thats RNG.
Gold is no issue. just do your T6 rifts with boon and you're good to go, you will get billions in one evening.
the crafting mats are worse. especially if you want to enchant chest pieces. mine still is at 14% sentry and the 15% dont show up for me. 50 veiled crystals means i have to do roughly 2 T6 rifts for it. thats ... extreme. for ONE try!

however. new beginners will never come to that level before they are able to speed-rift T6 in minutes. so its not an issue for them at all.
10/07/2014 02:54 AMPosted by Thorgrim
I'm not going to blow billions of gold and millions of materials for 1%-2% on anything. If I land 14% and by about 10m per roll it's not popping up...it's staying at 14%. That 1% isn't going to mean squat.

Same here. I'm at 14% and quite content to leave it there at 27m + per roll!
both my quivers are at like 8m per reroll.. and they arent even that good. the mystic is clueless.
10/07/2014 04:21 AMPosted by Casually
both my quivers are at like 8m per reroll.. and they arent even that good. the mystic is clueless.

kind of glad to know i'm not alone with this.

i have 4 i am trying to roll, each at 4 million per roll now :/
finally got 11% last night... lol. feel like such a failure
To everyone complaining about this...

man do you remember the good old days when enchanting didn't exist?

Where every single item that dropped was perfect except for that one stat so it was trash?

Everytime I hate enchanting I remember to be thankful it exists.

If it didn't, literally every single piece of gear (except for a perf nats ring that I have) would be trash.

Every single piece.

God help us.
10/06/2014 03:43 PMPosted by nand
10/06/2014 03:10 PMPosted by Franky
Normal people realize that anything 10-15 is good enough.

And what else do these “normal” people spend their gold on, after an evening of failing higher GRs?

A normal person who has what they feel is enough gold will stop picking it up. It can speed up bounty/rift completion a decent amount if you don't pick up all that junk on the ground. This ultimately provides you more shards/legs. Its a better long term pattern for progression than focusing on rerolls.

A normal person also does not spend an evening getting violated in so many ways by GR's. Go into pub games and watch those sub-100 plvl noobs try to do T6. They die repeatedly, take forever to kill anything... wait... isn't that what the top DH's doing GR 40+ have turned into? A bunch of cheese noobs trying to impress with one fluke run?
Normal people stop enchanting when they feel it has become too expensive. :)

The game isn't going to explode on you if you have 14% on something.
Gold sink working as expected, I guess.
Even if I had the gold (which I don't), I would rather gear up several T6 characters instead of getting that 1% extra sentry damage on a quiver.

Bang for the buck.
Random is random. Mine rolled 15% after a few tries. 1.5% of cc away from a perfect bombardier lol
The drop rates for the Rucksack are not incredibly low. When I get a useable one, i'll re-roll it up into the 1.5 mill range per roll. If I don't get any sentry damage, I salvage it and gamble another. At this rate, it's cheaper to gamble them than 2 try and re-roll +15% Sentry on one.

PS. My chest piece is killer. And it only took me 4 rolls to get the +15% Sentry damage. ^_^