Quality of Life suggestion - Reduce Screen Clutter

General Discussion
Multiplayer games have become more enjoyable now that other players pets are translucent. This has really helped reduce visual clutter.

Could large spell effects generated by other players also be made translucent (or better yet allow us to select what is, or is not, translucent under options)? Large area effect spells like the Barbarian's Earthquake and the Wizard's Mammoth Hydra make it very difficult to see ground effects from molten, desecrator, frozen, etc.

I feel allowing each player to choose how much visual noise there is on the screen would improve the gameplay experience.
I totally agree. Something has to be done about this it is a killer.
game needs real updates. like grift density issues, less rng, pylons in grifts, class build balance, more build diversity, item diversity, etc...

real problems and you guys are talking about such random nonsense, problem is blizzard is listening to guys like you and not to people who actually play the game. lol
10/03/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Toki
real problems and you guys are talking about such random nonsense, problem is blizzard is listening to guys like you and not to people who actually play the game. lol

Seriously stop suggesting these stupid issues, it takes precious dev time away from the real issues. When you see that your health is dropping you move, simple solution.
I agree there are other issues like rift/grift density, etc. That does not change the fact that reducing screen clutter would also improve the game.

Moving when taking damage is good advice, but if you cannot tell what is damaging you and which direction is safe, then randomly moving is at best a crap shoot. Furthermore if you play a channeling wizard, you need to consider the trade off between taking the pain and maintaining your damage or moving and losing your damage. Having a clear picture as to what is happening around you helps you make this choice.
AGREE!

Played in group last night:
1) Horse Crusader
2) Firebird wiz with two hydras, meteor
3) My wiz is a Tal Meteor build
4) Demon hunter raining green s**t everywhere.

Is that fire bad or good? I don't know.
Wait is that ground effect from those elites or one my party? I don't know.

My point is that is gets a bit too intense and it would be nice to have larger effects (like horses, hydras, and meteor) blunted a bit. Or have the option to blunt them.

Pushinarrows
I swear the translucent pets is giving me all kinds of new hardware lag in groups hahaha.
I would suspect so, all my experience with translucent graphics is that it is VERY power hungry.

Crusader seem to be the clutter king though.
Is this what the player base is complaining about now?
What's next? You're going to complain about having to click to move?
A few extra flashy lights on the screen and you demanding patches for it...
You want to see screen clutter? Check out TurboHUD!
It's to the point now where I can even find the elite/champ pack in the sea of flashing bull!@#$