Wipe Greater Rift Leaderboards

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Jaetech:

You do know that after plevel800, you get 5 stat points per level. So if you are p1000, you're going to have 1000 more primary stat points to allocate.

That's going to translate to about around 7-11% damage increase for certain people depending on what their main stat is now. i.e. 9000 -> 10000.
10/07/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Jaetch
I'll give it all another shot after the exploits are fixed and leaderboards wiped.

The problem is there is no word that they are even planning to make fixes, so a leaderboard wipe is completely pointless right now.

If you really wanted to make a thread on this issue, it should really be titled towards fixing the greater rifts rather then a reset. Next thing we know Blizz just resets the leaderboard without fixing anything.
10/09/2014 12:54 AMPosted by TianZi
Next thing we know Blizz just resets the leaderboard without fixing anything.

haha wouldn't that be great? ^^
Nah they wont do any fixing but instead we will get more exploits
The point about toonbound keys is not a good one. All the others seem fine even if they are quite whiney from a casual. I run 4 toons now in seasons. It is a great way to get rid of failed trial keys when you can use them on a new alt you leveled for that specific reason. Also its nice to be able to have stacks of keys rather than 50 seperate stacks all over. You would whine about space too im sure. Just !@#$ and play. Pylons im sure will be gone next season and map density and layouts will be better too im sure since blizzard is a solid game designer.
I don't often throw my opinion around but since I recently obtained a spot on the solo wizard leaderboards I figured why not. yes I agree wipe it . fix all the exploits the best you can and take a look at some of these peoples ideas about improving the current system. however lets not forget that the game does need some RNG or the whole feel of diablo will be lost. I started playing diablo 2 a while back and I remember it being full of hacked gear and duped items. its come a long way. vanilla d3 sucked compared to where it is now. there is really no way to balance everything. never has been never will. if they listened to all these ideas the game would suck! lets face it. we keep playing hoping that we get that one specific item or a better version that will give us just a little more damage or toughness to get to the next lvl. ok so the number one player on the leaderboards may have landed a good rift. so what? that's part of the fun. getting lucky, just like getting that awesome drop you have been wanting for a while. life isn't fair. why should everything in this game be fair as well (exluding exploits and cheating with 3rd party programs)? try and remember its just a game and have fun.
10/09/2014 06:47 PMPosted by roxy
life isn't fair. why should everything in this game be fair as well (exluding exploits and cheating with 3rd party programs)?

Its a game, and games should be fun. That is why people play games (buy games). Fair is fun, even if you lose sometimes or most of the time. Unfair is not fun, even if you are winning consistently and even less fun if you are losing unfairly.

10/09/2014 06:47 PMPosted by roxy
that's part of the fun. getting lucky

I agree. A lucky map setup is about the equivalent of a Leg drop. You still have to capitalize on it, and everyone can get it, unless RNG decides otherwise.
Why wipe leaderboards? No point really. You can still try to reach your highest grift.
Wouldn't it be nice if players simply had enough integrity not to resort to cheating? What an amazing world that would be to live in.
10/10/2014 07:57 AMPosted by tigerija
Why wipe leaderboards? No point really. You can still try to reach your highest grift.

The problem is you have no idea how good or bad your personal best is because it's skewed by a bunch of damn cheaters who exploited the leaderboards. You might be sitting on the best legitimate GR time in the world, and wouldn't know it because 50 kids exploited ahead of you.
not readin this entire thread but i'm sure it's been said already.

They will wipe the leaderboards, it's called season 2
While I don't agree 100% with everything Jaetch was saying, I agree with the spirit of the thread. A competition in a game is not the same as a real life battle, it is a simulation and so we should be showing some good sportsmanship here.. what I mean is using 3rd party software help, cheating or exploiting bugs or other bad game design (instead of pointing it out to be fixed).. that shouldn't be allowed in a friendly competition..it defeats the whole purpose of trying to race up the ladder or rifts etc.. I don't understand how cheaters/exploiters don't understand this and how they're ruining the competition.. It is like using a ladder to dunk a basketball.. : /
10/10/2014 08:07 AMPosted by crush
Wouldn't it be nice if players simply had enough integrity not to resort to cheating? What an amazing world that would be to live in.
A world full of wiser fairer people... is this the Twilight Zone or something??
10/10/2014 01:12 PMPosted by OneButtnDash
not readin this entire thread but i'm sure it's been said already.

They will wipe the leaderboards, it's called season 2

Yeah and when is Season 2 going to happen (if they even do a Season 2)? 2016?? Seriously..Something needs to be done now.. not in a couple years.
what am I doing climbing leaderboards step by step?

You are competing against your own personal best, that is what you are doing.

Why that isn't good enough for you, you'll have to ask yourself that.

It is bothersome that cheaters end up at the top, but only if you give them the power to let it bother you.
Like many people already said, this entire greater rift and leaderboard was a (really) dry run.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a leaderboard reset/restart every now and then with immortalization of your placement in your profile.

(for example, if you were in 500th place when the season 1 leaderboard cleared, there would be a badge on your profile that states just that.)
I'm pretty confident it'll happen at some point or another, but all the exploits that exist in Greater Rift leaderboard chasing (especially solo) need to get addressed.

• Remove all Pylons from Greater Rifts.
  • Fix Wortham tileset; that map still spawns corpses, chests, regular shrines and Pools of Reflection.
  • Set Greater Rifts in a way that it counts the players upon opening the Rift. E.g. if there are four players present at any point in a Greater Rift, that GR will snapshot the four players, regardless of whether or not anyone leaves or disconnects (unconfirmed about this issue until I see video proof of people exploiting).
  • Wipe the leaderboards.

To another extent, I see suggestions like restricting Keys obtained from Trials to specific characters and/or party members. For example, any Key you get on your DH is restricted to that DH. Any Key you get with a party of three will be restricted to a 3-man Greater Rift. I don't know how I feel about that, but it does prevent players from farming Keys exclusively with a DH then throwing the Key onto another character.

If Trials really are meant to test your characters, then each character or party—at least in terms of fulfilling the fantasy of running trials—should be tested on a case-by-case basis. Again, mixed feelings about this because competitive players are all about efficiency and this definitely slows down the process, but it's a totally different story should the leaderboard be wiped clean and started anew free of exploits.

I was on a good roll, climbing a tier every week (started at 38 a few weeks ago, then climbed to 39 a week later, then 40, and then two weeks ago 41). This past weekend was the first time I didn't bother with chasing solo leaderboards because I honestly lost the will and figured, "meh, what's the point?" If other players are capable of remaking 100 separate games until a Conduit Pylon shows up in an accessible location, or running TurboHUD to gain an edge and/or using the party manipulation exploit to leapfrog several GR levels... then what am I doing climbing leaderboards step by step?

I'll give it all another shot after the exploits are fixed and leaderboards wiped.

You had me till you started spouting stupid stuff like character restricted keys.
What I would like to see for greater rifts:

- SHRINES: Remove shrines
- MAPS: Have maps be more like the Starcraft 2 ladder map system. Fixed maps that are customized just for greater rifts. No more guessing which way is the right way to go. No more dead ends. Balance the maps and have them be symmetrical and easy to navigate. Perhaps have a "map pool" so you can exclude a map or two from your choices that are unfavorable for your playstyle. Randomized maps are perfect for rifts, but not for greater rifts.
- MONSTERS: Monsters should be more varied per level. Each level shouldn't be just a set of five monsters, so that if you get a map with the perfect subset of monsters you can abuse it. Have the entire pool of monsters available each level and give tons of variation so that you can't just hunt for the perfect subset of monsters. No more spamming keys and hunting for the perfect zombie/skeleton maps.
- TRIALS: Get rid of them. Make greater rifts like a ladder system like Starcraft 2. As you do a greater rift level successfully your greater rift rank goes up. Fail a greater rift and your rank goes down. Don't make it too punishing though if you fail, just punishing enough so you can't spam greater rifts for your ideal map. Orek allows you to do any greater rift level appropriate for your rank (or below) just by asking him. Ranks are separate by class and by number of players.
- KEYSTONES: Get rid of them. Completely. Wasted inventory space. Cause too many problems. Utilize the ranking system listed above. Give Orek a rift management system screen, that has Solo, 2-player, 3-player, and 4-player subdivisions.

- If a rift starts with 2 players it should always be a 2 player rift. If someone disconnects. Oh well. The monsters stay at the same HP as a 2 player rift and at the end of the rift it is credited as a 2 player rift. No exceptions.
they are changing how random grifts are so i bet they reset the leaderboards be no point changing it so much the old easier times are left when they all used team glitching or turbohud.
why limit to character restricted keys only? why not go full out and have each toon have their own paragon lvls again, their own stash, which would make all gear/items bound to that character only, also leaving everything account-bound so you cant transfer anything... have solo grift/games be private games until others join, making it a public/party game, unable to revert back to being solo...

if you want to go with restrictions, might as well make it worth it...