WARNING : Fatal bug concerning Toxin Gem

Hardcore
I just lost my HC SE WD to a !@#$ing bug vs the Act 2 Keyward.

Be careful, there is some kind of after death Haunt feedback issue going on, causing a rapid drop in HP moments after the Keywards death, resulting in your own death.

You have been warned!

I dont feel like talking. I'm very %^-*ing sad.

UPDATE:

Posted by Justy
Were you using Gem of Efficacious Toxin? If so, chances are that the keywarden did his spin move that dervish do (Along with some other monsters including Malthael) Which reflects projectiles away from them and sometimes back at the caster. So say, you're spitting a poison dart, he spins, it comes back and hits you. You now have a pretty deadly DoT on you from your own gem that can be quite fatal in a lot of cases. And since it's technically your own attack, if you die to it, you're dying to yourself and that'd be the 'unknown' cause of death.

Yes, I have concluded that this is what happened.

D,:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14580318094
Were you using the Toxin gem?

See: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14580318094
Yes
This same warning has been posted many times already. The damage over time legendary gems have caused a lot of people to die while fighting that Keywarden. He reflects the attack back at you and you suffer the gems effect.

Good luck on the reroll.
Sorry to hear it OP, but the a2 KW isn't bugged... The Toxin gem might be, its damage is reflected back in some situations and not in others.

GL on the re-roll
Just an FYI, the Toxic gem has been known to do this, but I haven't seen a post yet about the Pain Enhancer gem, which I can confirm, does that same exact thing as the Toxic gem. If you get an attack reflected back at you and it crits, you get the damage from the Pain Enhancer as physical over 3 secs.
By the way, men, toxin gem + kw = no go.
10/13/2014 08:25 AMPosted by Bryanw1995

I have farmed KW yesterday with toxin and pain enhancer gems:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AkUriel-1501/hero/53229321

Didn't notice anything different :S

I think it is safe for melee.
I have updated the post. This was in fact caused by my Toxin Gem + Poison dart fetishes.

I'm still pissed off for losing my HC SE WD to a !@#$ing bug!

Blue people... Are you out there...? Acknowledge this bug and fix it!

FFS.
10/13/2014 08:52 AMPosted by AkUriel

Act 2 KW will always be safe for melee consdering the mechanics of reflect projectile.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Act 2 KW will always be safe for melee consdering the mechanics of reflect projectile.

Well, it's safe UNLESS you fight him with Speranza in your party in January 2013. Don't ask me how I know this.

10/13/2014 08:52 AMPosted by AkUriel

I was being sarcastic b/c 6 people above me had all basically written the same thing. Guys like us are safe when speranza isn't around.
Toxin gem is safe with Firebird Wizard using black hole, blizzard, and hydra.

Those builds using projectiles, please be careful!!
I will likewise confirm the no problemo using the toxin and pain enhancer gems together and when fighting KW. Been farming keys myself of late.
I did get a reflect on my Barb off a Stone Guardian while using Toxin so its not absolutely safe for melee, however it only ticked for about 25% life.

I saw a post on the EU forum that another Barb caught a Toxin reflect off a Stone Guardian as well.
Does your Barb (or any minons) throw anything?

Because I can say with absolute certainty that a strictly melee character is 100% safe provided it does not throw any projectile that can be reflected.
I was wearing a pretty common cold LQ/IK setup. I've only noticed the 1 time off one of those sand dwellers that occasionally reflect missiles when the swirling sand thing is up. Wouldn't even have mentioned it if I didn't see something similar on the EU HC forum (which is down for maintenance.

edit: Maybe Slam could trigger it, or one of COTA ancients, I dunno.
Thanks for the heads up! Ill avoid those gems on DH class ;)
10/13/2014 08:18 AMPosted by LordCaric
Just an FYI, the Toxic gem has been known to do this, but I haven't seen a post yet about the Pain Enhancer gem, which I can confirm, does that same exact thing as the Toxic gem. If you get an attack reflected back at you and it crits, you get the damage from the Pain Enhancer as physical over 3 secs.

The reason you are seeing this with the toxin gem and not so much with the PE gem is the toxin gem lasts for 10 seconds where the PE gem only lasts 3 seconds. but i would imagine PE hits you a little harder just no where near as long!!!

and then like you said... take into consideration the reflected attack criting you as well...
Man thats gotta be a nasty way to go!!
GL on the reroll!
10/15/2014 12:35 AMPosted by Demonlord
The reason you are seeing this with the toxin gem and not so much with the PE gem is the toxin gem lasts for 10 seconds where the PE gem only lasts 3 seconds. but i would imagine PE hits you a little harder just no where near as long!!!

and then like you said... take into consideration the reflected attack criting you as well...
GL on the reroll!

I've been lucky and haven't died from it but PE hits REALLY hard. Red-screened twice but neither proc'd Awareness on my DH (LOH FTW). One of those times, I was able to pop a potion real quick but I clearly saw the ticks from damage. This was on the KW in Act 2. Both times he came up to attack me while fighting other mobs and I had to kite away so I could swap my build real quick (loadouts Bliz - they would be nice).

It's a shame, I'd love to try out using both of these gems at the same time but that would be instant death on any monster with this deflection ability. Really though, the gems are working as they are designed. I think this was an oversight by the devs, or maybe they did it on purpose so players would be forced to make decisions.
10/15/2014 06:20 AMPosted by LordCaric
GL on the reroll!

It's a !@#$ty way to go.

And as for the "GL on reroll's", thanks guys.