Missing items on Xbox One? Please read!

Blizzard Archive
[Update October 10, 2014] We believe we have identified the cause of this bug and are working on a forthcoming patch to implement a fix. Although we do not have an ETA to provide at this time as to when this patch will be available, the followings steps should correct the issue in the meantime:

• Delete either instance of the duplicated hero in the Hero list
  • Back out to Press Start
  • Proceed back to Main Menu

Please note that these steps will prevent further instances of this bug occurring, but will not restore any items that were lost as a result. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you all for time, patience, and reports.

--------------------------

Greetings everyone,

Since the release of patch 2.1.0 on Xbox One, we’ve received several reports from players noting that their Hero saves have been lost. From these reports, it appears that the issue is only affecting certain heroes’ inventories. Some players have also reported seeing a duplicate of their hero with newer items on the Hero selection screen, but cannot enter a game with that specific character.

If you have experienced, or continue to experience, this issue please let us know the following:

• For those of you who can 100% reproduce the issue with a given character, if you quit out to the Main Menu (by pressing the Menu button and selecting Quit), and then go back into game, have you lost anything?
  • What console are you playing on?
    • What are your Language/Location settings set to?
    • What language are you playing the game in?

• Is your console connected to the internet?
  • Have you recently moved your account or save data between consoles?
  • Are you playing in multiplayer games, single player or some of both?
    • If multiplayer, are you playing same-screen or multi-system multiplayer?

• What type of in game activities were you doing previous to quitting/leaving the game? (Adventure mode, greater rift, Nephalem rift, etc)
  • What class/level are you?
    • What gear are you using? (A screenshot would be great!)

• When you leave the game, are you turning off the console?
    • If you are turning off the Xbox One, do you have the “Instant On” and/or “Resume Games Quickly” settings enabled?
    • Where are you in game when you turn off the console? (Main Menu, “press any button” screen, In Game, etc.)

• If you are not turning off the console, are you quitting the application fully?
    • Where are you in the game when you are quitting the application? (Main Menu, “press any button” screen, In Game, etc.)

Additionally, it would help us to have your Gamertag/PSN ID. Please note this is optional, and we will be able to continue the investigation without this information. If you do not want to share that info here, please contribute what information you can.

Thank you!
I have this issue on my Xbox One console, lost most of my progress from yesterday. My main character (The only one I played as yesterday), has been cloned on the character select screen and both versions have lost about 80% of yesterday's work which is infuriating considering how many drops I got yesterday. One of my other characters I didn't even touch is also cloned. When I finished playing for the day I backed out to character select screen, hit the Xbox menu button, quit the game through the home screen, and then turned off the console. My system is always connected to the internet and I haven't had to import characters since the game launched on the new consoles. All day long I was trying out new content and running rifts/greater rifts only. I can post screenshots if necessary. The only gear lost that irritates me is a bunch of legendary gems/upgrades, and most importantly the legendary Crusader shield Hellskull. I don't even wa t to play anymore until this is resolved as this issue is extremely frustrating.
Forgot to say my gamertag is Darkside302, my paragon level progress wasn't lost, and I play in English language. Thank you!
only thing that happened to me is a i have a clone copy of my Sader and thats it

S7 Sticky
For those of you who can 100% reproduce the issue with a given character, if you quit out to the Main Menu (by pressing the Menu button and selecting Quit), and then go back into game, have you lost anything?
-Nope! I can switch characters. Go back to my old one and my stuff was still there.

What console are you playing on?
-Xbox One

What are your Language/Location settings set to?
English/North America

What language are you playing the game in?
English

Is your console connected to the internet?
Yes, via ethernet.

Have you recently moved your account or save data between consoles?
Nope.

Are you playing in multiplayer games, single player or some of both?
The issue only appeared during a single player game.

If multiplayer, are you playing same-screen or multi-system multiplayer?
N/A

What type of in game activities were you doing previous to quitting/leaving the game? (Adventure mode, greater rift, Nephalem rift, etc)
I was running nephalam rifts for greater keystones. I had just completed a greater rift, and then spent all my bloodshards gambling with Kadala before quitting.

What class/level are you?
Level 70 Crusader

What gear are you using? (A screenshot would be great!)
Off the top of my head: Fate of the Fell, I *had* two pieces of Akkan's Set (gloves and chest), I lost the chest piece when I signed back in. Some crappy yellow items I haven't upgraded yet, and a full set of crimson captains. Head piece is broken crown (I had enchanted the crown for a socket. When I logged back in, I still had the item, but the socket was gone).

When you leave the game, are you turning off the console?
I had pressed the Xbox Home button and loaded up Forza Horizon 2, which I believe automatically quits Diablo 3.

If you are turning off the Xbox One, do you have the “Instant On” and/or “Resume Games Quickly” settings enabled?
Yes and yes. Forza Horizon was left running when I turned the console off and D3 had been cleared from memory.

Where are you in game when you turn off the console? (Main Menu, “press any button” screen, In Game, etc.)
I had quit the game and was at the main menu screen. Prior to exiting my character was in new tristram.

If you are not turning off the console, are you quitting the application fully?
Where are you in the game when you are quitting the application? (Main Menu, “press any button” screen, In Game, etc.)
BLUE I HAVE A CLUE.

So I'm having all the same probs. Lost gear but paragon is kept. BUT of I play in a local game as player 2 then quit and reload as player 2 again my gear and stuff is all there. If I play as player 1 at all my gear is all lost...

SO either I have to be player 2 forever or never play again.

XboxOne GT is KaeZyd

Also it does not effect the 2nd GT on my console at all. My GFs gear and such are saving as normal regardless of if she plays solo or multiplayer.
Did you guys seriously release a patch that prohibits saving? Blizzard quality control must have been getting heavy cut-backs. Failure and disappointment from my gaming companies all year long. Can't wait till 2014 is over.
I've had the same issue. No duplication of the character, however, i lost progress and a rare axe and a couple of decent blues.
I find the seemingly lack of support or urgency unsettling... The game is literally unplayable until this is fixed. So I get no weeklong buff because I would get no items, money, or anything saved..... I would REALLY like a blue to say something here..
on behalf of all pc diablo 3 players, i must say "welcome to the bizarro world of Blizzard games!"

they will eventually get these issues fixed; it's been over 2 years on the PC and lots of stuff isn't fixed so have fun!!
Yet again I feel the need to express my extreme disgust with the way ps3 players are being treated. Being told after we have already pre purchased the expansion that there will be no updates was a VERY low blow. Can't understand how this can be considered good business.
10/10/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Wamdoan
Yet again I feel the need to express my extreme disgust with the way ps3 players are being treated. Being told after we have already pre purchased the expansion that there will be no updates was a VERY low blow. Can't understand how this can be considered good business.

They advised presale that no updates were going to be given to old consoles. I am sorry you did not get the memo.
10/10/2014 01:02 PMPosted by KaeZyd
I find the seemingly lack of support or urgency unsettling... The game is literally unplayable until this is fixed. So I get no weeklong buff because I would get no items, money, or anything saved..... I would REALLY like a blue to say something here..

+1.... come on blizzard - more updates please. Love the game and don't want to part with it. Too much of a gamble spending any time playing it currently.
I farmed act one for weeks to get royal ring of grandeur. I equipped the item and even enchanted it. I logged out of xbox live and later that evening when I went to play again my ring was gone, and old items that I had previously sold to a vendor were back in my inventory. Needless to say I am very disappointed as this ring was very hard to farm and will not be given back to me. I would love to continue to play as Diablo is my favourite game.. but I do not want to risk losing further items, especially ones so rare and important to my end game builds. Maybe once this issue is fixed we are deserving of some sort of legendary item drop buff for a while? Thank you for your time and help.
I am having an issue where my stash says 0/0 for all characters. And all the stuff previously on my stash is on my crusader I just made. My crusader is the first character I made on my Xbox One after transferring over my save from my xbox 360 and before I ever started using the disc. I am also using the Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition for Xbox One, any help with this issue would be much appreciated, I'm sure it's probably an issue caused by the new patch but I can't say for certain.
moi tuutko pelaa dieblo 3 olisiko jokku suomalainen täällä t.nana
Come on Blizz - just levelling up hunter and same is happening. Unplayable at the moment - PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED! I am not a rich person and spent a lot of money on this.
I know what you mean, I literally just bought this and got it in saturday and it was basically unplayable out of the box!! They add all this new stuff which is great and all but it just adds more problems!! At least Blizzard is pretty good about updating alot so hopefully within a week this will all be fixed. Blizzard you could give us a bonus piece of legendary armor or something for the trouble thou!!
Finally! This just happened to me too. I bought the digital version on xbox one and exported from the 360 but when I logged in my stash was reset to 0/0 and completely random items that were in my stash were thrown in my inventory till it reached 60/60..
I Got a duplicated HERO and lost some stuff. I really want a fix . I am not playing DIABLO cuz I am afraid of losing my drops again ¬¬ .I am a programmer, so I know bugs occur, but if you guys could fix it soon I will appreciate and, please, give us a bonus because of this inconvenience!

P.S: I am not a native, so my english could have errors ! Tks :)