[Suggestions]: Battlegrounds of Eternity & Black Realm

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Edit: if you have a comment, write it here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14729583066 please

This thread didn't get much attention, so please post your comments in the thread I linked up here thanks :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

I'm sorry to do a cross-link for my ideas, but since the post contain a lot of images and it is very long I hope you don't mind to have a look at an external site :)

Anyway, here's my ideas:

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/94657-suggestions-battlegrounds-of-eternity-and-black

I hope you enjoy them and please if you have any criticism or would just like to add a comment please don't refrain from posting :)
No comments on this? :(
Do it. Now.
It certainly seems like a great idea. Another way of bringing competition into the game.
It would certainly at least be a good idea for blizzard to think of bringing more game play modes to its players.
Don't get me wrong I love rifts, I have enjoyed seasons. and not topping the grifts yet. But it would be nice to have different or at least more variety of game modes to play. Atm I go between everything, I work from home and sadly don't have much else to do besides rifts or bounties. So I would welcome more to play when not at work.
They could even, maybe tie the loot system for a new game mode with the new seasonal drops, or maybe different transmogs (to keep seasons truly unique). Have it cycle like seasons, so the maps change every so often.
I also have to commend you for the amount of work it clearly took to just put together maps to go along with your idea. As well as the amount of thought you put into it. Making it a very lovely presentation. It made it feel more like a dev article, than a player made creation/thought. Hats off to you OP.
Hopefully blizzard will take notice and possibly implement something, along these lines down the road. But somehow I feel that creating and implementing new zones/areas/modes etc are not as easy as one might think.
Perhaps a little ambitious for right now, but the ideas are fantastic. Hopefully a Blizz decision maker sees this and it gives them some good ideas.

+1
10/03/2014 04:24 PMPosted by Edriel
I hope you enjoy them and please if you have any criticism or would just like to add a comment please don't refrain from posting :)

Repost has more replies than the original hehe :) Awesome ideas and art. Thanks man I enjoyed it.
10/04/2014 05:16 PMPosted by Yesaul
10/03/2014 04:24 PMPosted by Edriel

Repost has more replies than the original hehe :) Awesome ideas and art. Thanks man I enjoyed it.

Yeah, sorry Edriel, hope he doesn't mind ; )

I posted a link to his presentation here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14729583066?page=2#35

Didn't think it would hurt to have as many eyes on this as possible. I think the issue here was that the thread title says "Suggestion", and after 2 1/2 years, people are sick to death of the bad suggestions, poorly thought out junior dev attempts.

This one stood out, clearly.
+ Infinity

Refreshing to see some new ideas.

On the other hand, I nearly wish I didn't read the idea because I know this (or even anything similar to this) would never get implemented into the game.

But I'll still reserve a little hope in case some devs read this and do something with it!
10/04/2014 08:01 PMPosted by CaintheElder
+ Infinity

Refreshing to see some new ideas.

On the other hand, I nearly wish I didn't read the idea because I know this (or even anything similar to this) would never get implemented into the game.

But I'll still reserve a little hope in case some devs read this and do something with it!

They've added player-born ideas before (rifts). Don't be discouraged.

The trouble is, the subject of PvP has become taboo and Blizzard has be very purposely silent on the issue ever since Brawling was added shortly after the announcement that the PvP arenas was stoved.

I hold hope that they aren't just dropping the idea, and have been busy little bees behind the scenes.

True PvP is still needed, but ideas like Edriel's (PvPvE) have much to offer.
Blizzard should hire this guy.
Impressive. Very impressive.
Awesome ideas...Blizard shoul hire you guys!
wow...very good idea...i like it :D
Amazing work! I would really like to see the ideas suggested implemented. The PvPvE element is awesome. (Why didn't i think of that before??)
Holy crap, I mean.. HOLY CRAP! Next gen gameplay for D3 in my opinion. I'm just... well... kinda irked I can't do this NOW.

Blizz, please, please please please, consider these very worthy and well thought out ideas!

To the ones that thought this up, my hat is off to you, indefinitely.
Agreed this is an amazing Idea, It would indeed make Diablo 3 worthy of being Diablo 2's sequel.
10/05/2014 03:05 AMPosted by Confector
To the ones that thought this up, my hat is off to you, indefinitely.

Edriel is an asset to the community, unlike so many here that spew toxic refrain to burn our eyes with on a daily basis.

Don't forget to "like" the OP if you support the inspirational ideas presented.
10/04/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Edriel
No comments on this? :(

Most of us were too busy picking our effing jaws up off the floor and putting our eyes back into their sockets to comment right away.

Nice work, you're hired.
+9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 this needs to happen.
Should have posted some cat pictures somewhere on the diablofans page to get a cm to comment though lol