To all those complaining about a lack of stash space

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
I'm with the OP on this one. There is more than enough space than is required. I think Blizzard should focus on the actual problems with the game before catering to people's entitlement.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to save a few pieces here and there, but if you're saving them for a situation where it may become useful, somewhere down the line, that is hoarding.

Hoarding:
"Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. Excessive accumulation of items, regardless of actual value, occurs."

Hummmm
10/03/2014 11:06 AMPosted by Munkfist
I'm with the OP on this one. There is more than enough space than is required. I think Blizzard should focus on the actual problems with the game before catering to people's entitlement.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to save a few pieces here and there, but if you're saving them for a situation where it may become useful, somewhere down the line, that is hoarding.

Hoarding:
"Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. Excessive accumulation of items, regardless of actual value, occurs."

Hummmm

So, how many of your level 70's are mules? None?
I for one playing hc space is Definitely needed jic of death. I have 3 tabs of gear for releveling. That's just for 1 char making other chars is out of the question.
10/03/2014 10:22 AMPosted by Chocolatnave
Stop hoarding. You get 5 tabs.

You don't run HC and you don't have many characters to worry about gear.... I run HC exclusively these days and actively run 5-6 different HC toons depending on the group I'm running with or my gold / gear needs. I have twelve (12) level 70 HC characters (actually 13 with a Seasons toon) as I need to accumulate gear for the next generation. When you are searching for sets of gear, alternate gear, 5 tabs IS NOT enough. I maintain 1 tab exclusively for materials - Gems, crafting stuff, Keystones, Legendary Gems, Great Rift Keys and Uber Key components - it is full and in fact overflowing into another tab now. I keep leveling gear in 2 low-level mules to free up space in the chest. That is a waste - I'd rather have those slots available for more active toons. I had to delete all my SC characters a while ago to free up slots.

Stop been fanboy. No trading and no space makes Diablo a dull game.
Stop trolling. Get a life.
Dude with 2 FOTM 70s lecturing us on stash space. Good troll. Will be a fun day for him when DH gets Rolf Harrised.
There is most certainly not enough stash space hoarding or not. If Blizzard wanted build diversity they need to allow us to store the items we need to create new builds.

The thing is I am playing one character in seasons right now, a cookie cutter wizard, firebirds build which is what everyone is using by I long for a good cold wizard however I will need to experiment with specific item combination and break points to find something good only then can i cut down stash space but until then there really is not enough stash space.
"Stop hoarding". Well, that's a statement with no real substance to it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13020212056?page=12#230
Troll post...nothing more to see. 2 lvl 70 chars...and telling people that they are hoarding bc they play mulitple builds on characters and need space for different sets. what a joke
Lol, these idiots coming in here with "stop hoarding"...

I play one character mainly. I have one full tab of gems / enchanting mats / keystones. I've also got another tab and a half full of really well rolled items, some decently rolled complete sets hoping they get buffed.

Admittedly, not all of that space is for one toon, there's some Wiz / Barb / etc gear in there, but that's what I got from playing my DH. From playing one toon. Imagine people who play like 3 or more and want to play around with new builds, participate in Play Your Way Thursday, and so on.

Whether you can comprehend it or not, stash space needs to be increased. If you think that people are hoarding just because their stash is full, you're not only ignorant, but also just stop playing Diablo, you're making this game progressively worse You QQ'd and got the AH removed, now you want to crush us by saying we can't save items with this GARBAGE BoA system? Get the flippidyfloppidyfloo out of here.
Hoarding might be an exaggeration but holding on to multiple of the same item and any item that have the potential to be used in another build is definitely reasonable.

For me, example, I have 4-5 marauder's helms and boots because I need different stats on each depending on the build and the situation. Sometimes I need elemental arrow skills on them, sometimes multishot, sometimes cluster arrow, or sometimes vitality. It is uneconomical and stupid to own one of something and reroll the stat every time according to the situation. It's even worse for off-hand items that are an absolute nightmare to reroll. And that was just for marauders. What about natalyas? Other class sets?

Also, although there is always that one build that dominates all other builds, an important factor for many players is trying out and coming up with different builds that are not necessarily the most powerful, but those that make the game fun for them. Similarly, taking demon hunters for example, frost-fire rocket build with etrayu + TnT at 2.84 break point was the king when 2.1 first came out, but further testing proved that 4.15 break point with a 1 hand crossbow yields more damage. And the most recent finding is that the lightning ball build with the meticulous bolt at 4.15 is the best build. My point is that if I were to just salvage something because I didn't need it at the time, I wouldn't be flexible enough to try out different builds that may be better than my current.

These are just a few of the reasons why I "hoard", and it is completely reasonable. If I always just stuck with FOTM builds and salvaged everything else, I probably would have quit a long time ago.
Free game. Free server space for all your "crap". Make sense?
lmao... OP... your acct is... hmmmm let's see... pathetic
And then you have people who complain about how everyone can do everything by merely switch skills and items over... and that there's no point of creating other characters of the same class...

...and then you have people who want to have more stash space... like that'll fix anything. It's not like you won't simply carry MORE items.

In my days, Diablo had no stash. That warrior had what it got and if it was overburdened, it had to abandon items and/or gold. You might be thinking that the old days were terrible and whatnot but we dealt with it.

The way I see it, the stash is there so you can transfer interesting items to new characters so that you may build unique characters. You have more than plenty of space, deal with it.

But I guess you don't like leveling... which is, like (I'm eye-balling here), 1/3rd of the game.
Oh look, the op is under para 300 with only one lvl 70 toon and he says we dont need more space.

!@#$ing retard troll
There are 6 classes all with several elements/builds they could use, how should 5 tabs be enough ?!?!

Things like %allelemental would clear up a lot of stash space while "dumbing the game down"
As of now I have to keep one amulet bracers and SoJ of every usable element for every character etc...
We can hoard items? I didn't know that was even possible with 5 stash tabs and a RNG loot system and with developers who could make or break items without warning.
So many selfish trolls in this thread, wow. How can you oppose more stash space when it's pretty obvious to any person with common sense the current amount does not allow you to have multiple characters (let alone HC) and have more than one item set for one item build, which is abysmally wrong.