To all those complaining about a lack of stash space

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
10/03/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Symbolic
10/03/2014 03:16 PMPosted by DEFORCE
diablo is a loot hunt.

if you don't hoard wtf is the point of playing.

Thats kind of what i thought too...Not sure why people would argue otherwise.

Because its not Diablo 2. You don't need to reroll an entirely new character to change skills. You can change a few items and skills on your already existing character and voila, an entirely new dynamic has been introduced.

There are good items that you *might* hang on to for build reasons, and then there are obviously terrible items that are not viable for any build.

Knowing the difference will solve your stash issues.
10/03/2014 03:25 PMPosted by Symbolic
Fenyx, honestly, why do you care? im just curious. Hoarding is definitely a legit psychological disease, not gunna argue that one haha...but collecting gear or legendaries that suck, yet look cool , does not effect your gaming experience at all. I would sometimes prefer in certain games to try and collect 1 of everything rather then wasting my time leveling up for no reason.

I am commenting to a thread that is replying to player complaints about stash issues.

I don't really care, but if you're going to hold on to items that you're not using, or would likely never see any use, there's no reason to make threads addressing the supposed stash epidemic.

You can play however you want, but if you choose one style of play that is limited within the game's frame, it would be a little silly to then complain about said issues that only exist because of your decision to "play how you want".
Posted by Chocolatnave
Stop hoarding. You get 5 tabs.

One day you will be running out of space too.How long did you play this game? 2 or 3 months?
How bout' you get over your sense of entitlemnt. Yea, that would be greaat...
10/03/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Azlanzo
Posted by Chocolatnave
Stop hoarding. You get 5 tabs.

One day you will be running out of space too.How long did you play this game? 2 or 3 months?

Two Marauder's chest pieces drop. One is clearly an upgrade to the other. Do you keep both "just in case"?

If so, and not on HC, please explain to me why on earth you would do this.

You can play however you want, but if you choose one style of play that is limited within the game's frame, it would be a little silly to then complain about said issues that only exist because of your decision to "play how you want".

I get where your coming from with this, but at the same time, this game is loot based lol you shouldnt run out of room to keep your loot in a loot based game. the game is flawed. which is why people are complaining i guess.

Again, i dont really care cause im not even at that level yet. Im sure by the time i am we will have 5 more tabs so it wont affect me. Thanks for responding
10/03/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Symbolic
I get where your coming from with this, but at the same time, this game is loot based lol you shouldnt run out of room to keep your loot in a loot based game. the game is flawed. which is why people are complaining i guess.

Again, i dont really care cause im not even at that level yet. Im sure by the time i am we will have 5 more tabs so it wont affect me. Thanks for responding

"Loot based game" =/= keep every legendary that drops. Hell, I consider myself lucky to stash one leg in a day's play.

I have *zero* stash issues, because I realized, I'm probably not going to use those 80% strength depth diggers anytime soon.

They were not needed -- fortunately there's this awesome salvage feature that allows me to turn useless !@#$ that would otherwise clutter up my stash into something of remote use.
10/03/2014 03:39 PMPosted by Fenyx
10/03/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Symbolic

"Loot based game" =/= keep every legendary that drops. Hell, I consider myself lucky to stash one leg in a day's play.

I have *zero* stash issues, because I realized, I'm probably not going to use those 80% strength depth diggers anytime soon.

They were not needed -- fortunately there's this awesome salvage feature that allows me to turn useless !@#$ that would otherwise clutter up my stash into something of remote use.

sooo can you explain to me why you have 3 mule toons if stash space isnt an issue for you? Its possible i dont fully understand the point of a mule, so bare with me...
I would pay RL $$ for more stash space; inform their masters activision about this and I am sure they would put their stamp of approval on it. The sounds of cash registers should be music to their ears.
10/03/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Symbolic
10/03/2014 03:39 PMPosted by Fenyx

sooo can you explain to me why you have 3 mule toons if stash space isnt an issue for you? Its possible i dont fully understand the point of a mule, so bare with me...

Touche. I have 2 mule toons, though, just never leveled my barbarian.

One holds on to set items (in the sense that they are viable set pieces), other is various legs that may find some use.

It's not so much of an issue that I would ever be motivated to demand that Blizzard owes me stash space, or that I even need it. I suppose we all hoard a bit.

If I wanted to roll some seasonal characters, or hardcore, I have the character slots to do so. I guess I just get the feeling from threads like these that players have exhausted all possible options and they *need* the space, when really, maybe realizing that you don't need one of every ele% Reaper's Wraps, might be the better path to take.

And again, I'm welcome to more stash space. I just don't see the immediate attention that stash space needs, as opposed to some other glaring issues that might be a better investment of developer resources.
The only logical reason for holding on to items that your never going to use. Is a misguided belief that trading will come back to the game.

Here's why it's misguided. Everything now is BOA & if trading was to be put back into the game. Only items that drop from when trading is instigated will be tradeable.

Other than that if your reason for hoarding items is simply to look at all the crap you've had drop. Then it is your own choice to do so. Just like when you can't fit any more, it's your own choice to get rid of something when keeping another item. Since most players don't come close to filling their stash. there's no reason to have more stash tabs added.

Lets be honest here. All the hoarders that fill their stash & create mule characters to hold items. If the stash space was doubled, you'd just end up fill that too. Then start !@#$%ing & moaning again about not having enough space.
1) Trust the game. The old vanilla version encouraged hoarding because drops were so rare. The ROS version delivers legendaries at a regular rate.
2) Learning what to toss and what to keep is a required skill of this specific game. If you don't start doing it you won't gain/improve this skill. (It also happens to be a good real-life skill to develop.)
3) If you hoard you will spend more time screwing around with your inventory than playing. I'd rather go without a saved item and die more often than spend countless hours sifting through inventory. Besides...see 1).
4) Alts are for testing. When you're done testing...cull the weakest.
5) I want to be the kind of player that has skills that can't be defined by the equipment. Having to spend soooo much time with unused equipment takes time away from that development.
6. Hoarders NEVER have enough space.
7. Too much space creates hoarders.
8. You can be ruthless or you can be a hoarder. Choose.
10/03/2014 03:52 PMPosted by Fenyx

Touche. I have 2 mule toons, though, just never leveled my barbarian.

One holds on to set items (in the sense that they are viable set pieces), other is various legs that may find some use.

It's not so much of an issue that I would ever be motivated to demand that Blizzard owes me stash space, or that I even need it. I suppose we all hoard a bit.

If I wanted to roll some seasonal characters, or hardcore, I have the character slots to do so. I guess I just get the feeling from threads like these that players have exhausted all possible options and they *need* the space, when really, maybe realizing that you don't need one of every ele% Reaper's Wraps, might be the better path to take.

And again, I'm welcome to more stash space. I just don't see the immediate attention that stash space needs, as opposed to some other glaring issues that might be a better investment of developer resources.

The "other glaring issues" debate is long dead at this point. We see all the time blizzard changes that are not "in the betterment" of the game itself, or that could have been obfuscated in placement of actual QoL changes or things that stay "broken" for the games lifetime.

Like the recent change to Kadala...which was 99% unnecessary, spending man hours on an issue that was not even there, when they could have put those hours into something else, even stash space. They then had to spend consequential hours "fixing" rift guardian and monster drops so as to make mat acquisition even back out.

With 1 unneeded change...they created several cases where time could have been put somewhere else. And this is how blizzard has been spending their development time with all their games.

Half of the wasted time is when they say they are "innovating" a game..and scrapping almost all of it as they go. To me, their innovation system is broken beyond belief if they throw so many things back onto the burner; and in point...turn around and sell it to us as "expansion features".

The other half is where they honestly just don't know what to do, and break things along the way that have no relevance to what changes they made in the first place. This just creates a large bubble of wasted man hours where it could be going to actually improving parts of the game that both parties agree need to be looked into.

Instead, they spend that time "remaking pies" and "reinventing the pie".

It's hard at this point to say things like "better spent elsewhere" , even earnestly, because this hasn't been the case for a decade now, even outside of Blizzard.
10/03/2014 04:15 PMPosted by JoeShmo

I'm amazed you're still here, arguing a moot issue of opinion and habit.

Keep doing what you're doing man, it effects me nonetheless.
10/03/2014 04:18 PMPosted by Fenyx
10/03/2014 04:15 PMPosted by JoeShmo

I'm amazed you're still here, arguing a moot issue of opinion and habit.

Keep doing what you're doing man, it effects me nonetheless.

You shouldn't take things so personal, its not good for your health; nor having conversations with people who don't just agree with you on the spot.
10/03/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Blade
The only logical reason for holding on to items that your never going to use. Is a misguided belief that trading will come back to the game.

Here's why it's misguided. Everything now is BOA & if trading was to be put back into the game. Only items that drop from when trading is instigated will be tradeable.

Other than that if your reason for hoarding items is simply to look at all the crap you've had drop. Then it is your own choice to do so. Just like when you can't fit any more, it's your own choice to get rid of something when keeping another item. Since most players don't come close to filling their stash. there's no reason to have more stash tabs added.

Lets be honest here. All the hoarders that fill their stash & create mule characters to hold items. If the stash space was doubled, you'd just end up fill that too. Then start !@#$%ing & moaning again about not having enough space.

Lets be honest here, you have no actual points to argue or ways to back then up, so you just make general assumptions about what you "believe" people are doing and how they act psychologically.

It's also irrelevant if some people come back later and complain that it's still not enough. The only relevant part is the issue at hand, and if they do come back, is it still an issue.

To presume to know whether it is or not, because of perceived behavior beyond your educational learning ....is stretching it a bit.
10/03/2014 03:36 PMPosted by Fenyx
Two Marauder's chest pieces drop. One is clearly an upgrade to the other. Do you keep both "just in case"?

Did you think I only play DH? There's no way I'd keep em if I've found an upgrade. I have 1 stash full just for mats, gems, legendary gems, keys(act 2,3 & 4 keys, trial keys, greater rift keys and regular rift keys), some organs and infernal machines,

another 2nd stash full with rings and amulets. SOJs (cold, lightning, physical, fire, arcane), RoRGs, elemental resist amulets, all type of legendary potions except life after kill potion, unity rings for my followers and my toons. 3rd stash for my WD and monk, and 4th stash for my crus and DH. I even save my best find sets on my mules such as Shadows, Natalya's, Tal's Rasha, Vyr's, Crafted set, SWK, EQ, weapons, some IK's and bla bla. You'll never know when will Blizz might buff em.
-1, i need moar space to hoard!
Having two barely T4 viable characters sure puts some weight on your argument there for stash space.
10/03/2014 03:18 PMPosted by Fenyx
10/03/2014 03:16 PMPosted by DEFORCE
diablo is a loot hunt.

if you don't hoard wtf is the point of playing.

Keeping every Cluckeye you come across does not make you a chicken.

Err... wait...

ahahaha