I just died, and I used a shield pylon.

General Discussion
10/14/2014 08:16 PMPosted by Jooty
killed by wall of fire 30 yards away

lol... this one is classic!

has happened to me countless times since d3 released. and it still happens.
Same here against a frozen pack.
Two player game in a normal rift. Only one with unity and no immunity amulets.

- mob cast his frozen globe.
- we activate the shield pylon.
- no more damage from mobs (as intended) but both of us died on the explosion.

I don't know if the frozen globe dot was still dealing damage or not
10/14/2014 08:16 PMPosted by Jooty
killed by wall of fire 30 yards away

I raise you by a shocktower and 120 yards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPm4ZfCrbiw#t=8m14s
Also got killed by an Arcane Sentry some time back while wearing Countess Julia's Cameo, Unity on player + follower and Smoking Thurible.
10/14/2014 05:53 PMPosted by Grimiku
Thanks for the report on this! We're taking a look at it to see what we can find out. The shield pylon is intended to prevent all damage, but there could be a bug with this specific scenario. I do have some specific questions for you, though.

1.) Were you using your Enchantress when this happened, and was she wearing Unity, Smoking Thurbile, and Countess Julia's Cameo at the time?

2.) Was this in a multiplayer game? (If so any details about the party make up that you can provide might prove helpful)

3.) Were you wearing Unity at the time?

i have also experienced death by arcane sentry whilst wearing Countess Julia's Cameo multiple times on 2 different characters, no unity and in multiplayer and solo play
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13595329825#2

Apparently the bug report section of the forums is useless. WTF
You have to post in the general section of the forums in order to get a response for bugs. Facepalm....

Yeah I got killed twice with witch doctors after using shield pylons before. Happened too long ago forgot about the details.
10/15/2014 03:59 AMPosted by Gulcasa
Apparently the bug report section of the forums is useless. WTF

that is nothing new, sadly.
I once died in a swarm of mobs immediately after triggering shield pylon with low health. It was single player, but I did not use unity. I was quite surprised after i revived, cause pylon was already grey and i didn't have a bubble around me. I guess i was squished exactly same moment as i managed to click pylon.
10/14/2014 06:07 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
The sentries never kill me. However while standing on a sentry if I get hit by an effect that will one shot me for some reason it credits the sentry for the kill and not the actual effect that killed me.

That might suggest that it still registers arcane damage as an attack rather then ignoring it completely, but doesn't give a damage value. So then it waits for a damage value, like that 1 hit insta gib. If that is the way they programmed it...
Or you just misread the pylons effect. I have mistaken shield and speed pylons for one and another on several occations :P
10/14/2014 05:57 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
Also, there's a bug when using Charge I got stuck once in front of a closed door, unable to do anything while my character is still in the Charge motion but like running on an invisible track-mill.

This just happened to me. Had to tele out.
Hello, this bug doesnt only happens with shield pylons, i recently started to play dh myself and several times when i use a pylon i do not get the effect of it. It always occurs when i vault towards the pylon and click it. Its really hard to reproduce for me, but happens 1-2 times/day while i play. Maybe you had spirit vessel active so it has something to do with these kind of skills?
Simple solution: Play hardcore and don't die.

(just joking) :P
yo i noticed this also. i was on my dh. what triggered it was swapping from my krelms bracers to the nemesis bracers. i first gained a chunk of max hp, but it continuously degenerated when i stood in molten. not sure if i was in smoke screen or not when i activated the shrine. i wasn't gonna say nothing cause it was once out of like x million times.
nope never died from arcane wearing the amulet or using the shield only excuse is you had low health when you hit it i lose a chunk of health sometimes when i hit the pylon.
10/14/2014 06:07 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
However while standing on a sentry if I get hit by an effect that will one shot me for some reason it credits the sentry for the kill and not the actual effect that killed me.

I suspected this but not the case.

You know the sentries/blooms/shards stay a few seconds after you kill the mobs. There are times when mobs die and Im shielded and die in a criss cross to sentries, but not to the others.
10/14/2014 06:55 PMPosted by Bigfoot
My enchantress and I were wearing Unity. She was also wearing a Focus that doesn't allow her to die. I was playing alone.

Thanks, Bigfoot. I'll be sure to pass this info along, and we'll take a look at it.
10/15/2014 02:53 PMPosted by Grimiku
10/14/2014 06:55 PMPosted by Bigfoot
My enchantress and I were wearing Unity. She was also wearing a Focus that doesn't allow her to die. I was playing alone.

Thanks, Bigfoot. I'll be sure to pass this info along, and we'll take a look at it.

No prob! and I also did notice that my follower is wearing Countess Julia's Cameo! So that may be why I did die since people have reported dying from arcane sentry with that on.
10/14/2014 06:14 PMPosted by Aegis
Also shield pylon always takes a second to kick in, so for example when i hit a shield pylon on my barb or dh with nems i receive some damage at first then it stops after that and im shielded. Not sure if that's intended but its been tht way since i can remember so maybe a bug, dunno but that could very well be why u died as well.

I think it's when u put ur nems on they could have bad stats so ur health pool drops, then when u switch back straight away to ur main bracers ur health pool grows leaving the extra health u just gained to still yet regenerate which looks like u took damage
To OP:
It is a normal behavior and intended if you played at higher grifts levels. at that levels the damage output from monster overflow and even pylon shield can not save you from death. this was reported also with other imunity skills like Awarness, Serenity. Blizzard just wanted to show us how powerfull are the monsters at higher grifts so even imunity skills will not save you.