(Archived thread) 2.3 DH DPS Calculator

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 8 9 10 25 Next
Working on adding cooldown reduction. Unfortunately I have zero on my DH.

Does anyone have a DH equipped with multiple sources of CDR that I can use for import testing purpose? Just need battletag and realm (US, EU, etc...).

Edit: Today's update:

* Added support for multiple sentries (assumes no CDR)
This is pretty awesome btw.
I have CDR almost ready to roll out, but still would like to test against a DH wearing Capt Crimsons and/or Born's Command. I know it's unlikely a M6 DH would wear them, but I'd like to make sure the importer detects them, nonetheless.

Edit: I updated the live site:

* Added cooldown reduction for multiple sentry calculations (not fully tested with Captain Crimson's or Born's Set, but I think it should detect them; feedback would be appreciated!)
* Added Gogok of Switftness gem
Says my BP is lvl 5 is that good? Just started with the M6 this weekend so I'm still a noob in understanding BP.
10/27/2014 11:48 AMPosted by RedAntares
Says my BP is lvl 5 is that good? Just started with the M6 this weekend so I'm still a noob in understanding BP.

You should read this post:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12945884471
Great job!!

Thanks so much for making this awesome calc, helped me so much, in making decision regarding eq and skill or even what gem to use, keep it up Dawg!

oh btw, i think ur website down or something, maybe because so many ppl are using it now lol
It's up.

Every once in a while the app server crashes (I haven't had time to dig into why), but I have a script that restarts it every once in a while if it's down.
Really nice job! I am using your calculator all the time!
Today's updates (force browser refresh to get latest):

* Added follower buffs
* Added browser icon
Ok, quick question. I'll come home tonight to read this thread in full but according to your damage calculator I'm at:

Pet APS:

Break Point:

Sentry APS:

Attacks Per 30 Seconds:

Total Single Sentry Damage over 30 seconds:

Single Sentry DPS:

But I'm in break point 7 with Sentry APS of 3.33.... what am I seeing incorrectly here?

Edit: Should have included the link http://sentrycalc.dawg6.com/sentry-web/ I'm also removing some spaces
10/28/2014 11:27 AMPosted by Quintinar
But I'm in break point 7 with Sentry APS of 3.33.... what am I seeing incorrectly here?

Not sure I follow...

BP 7 requires you to have APS of 4.154. You are at BP 6, not 7.

Did you change the TNT percent manually? There is a bug where if you modify the TNT percent on the main screen it doesn't update the APS automatically. I'm fixing that now.

Edit: the fix for TNT is now live. Force your browser to refresh to get the new version.
@Quintinar make sure you are adding in your paragon atk speed bonuses in the field, you have to put those in manually.

@Dawg6 you are doing an awesome service and great work. if you have a bitcoin address post it here and i will gladly send you a tip for your work.
10/28/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Vdub
@Dawg6 you are doing an awesome service and great work. if you have a bitcoin address post it here and i will gladly send you a tip for your work.

Thanks for the offer, but not necessary. I do this for fun. Glad to see everyone is using it!
10/28/2014 11:50 AMPosted by Dawg6
10/28/2014 11:27 AMPosted by Quintinar

Not sure I follow...

BP 7 requires you to have APS of 4.154. You are at BP 6, not 7.

Did you change the TNT percent manually? There is a bug where if you modify the TNT percent on the main screen it doesn't update the APS automatically. I'm fixing that now.

Edit: the fix for TNT is now live. Force your browser to refresh to get the new version.

Ok... I was looking at it in the Tao of Sentries and viewing the top breakpoint at 8 just by counting up.
This is my profile

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sinobu-1488/hero/54013019

Why my DPS increase when I switch out multishot for cold impale? About 10% even! IS multishot good because it shoot through wall an easier to apply MFD?
10/28/2014 07:03 PMPosted by Sinobu
Why my DPS increase when I switch out multishot for cold impale?

Right now, the logic for Impale/Overpenetration is a little simplistic. It just assumes all targets are hit by the cold blast. Obviously that isn't always the case. Ideally, I would simulate target positions relative to the player, and calculate which of them are in the blast of overpenetration and only those would be affected. For now just adjust the field Max # of "additional" enemies to the # you think is appropriate for how many should get caught in the cold blast.
10/28/2014 03:48 PMPosted by Quintinar
Ok... I was looking at it in the Tao of Sentries and viewing the top breakpoint at 8 just by counting up

If you click on "Breakpoints..." or any of the spenders buttons, you'll see the data. Sentry APS is calculated by total # of attacks over a 30 second interval. For all the other breakpoints, this aligns with the TAO of Sentries, except BP6.

My source for the breakpoint/spender data is here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13271407601
Just got to say this tool is great. I derped and allowed the in game IAS rounding to make me think I was hitting a breakpoint that I was missing by 1 IAS. It is funny I checked a mates profile and he was missing by 1 IAS as well, probably pretty common.

Just a couple of things.

My softcore DH gets stuck loading when I attempt to import the profile. Must be something strange in the skills or gear, seems to stop while doing the skills but that could be just what gets displayed. Possibly my Hellfire? My Seasonal and HC Seasonal work fine.

The other thing is a question related to CA. There is a huge damage over 30 secs difference between LfB and Maestrom. I'm talking 26% on my HC Seasonal DH, even when my only elemental bonus is fire. Is that due to the number of mobs used in your calculation? I have not seen this variance in other calculators, even the spreadsheet that does a multi and single target calculation.
10/28/2014 11:18 PMPosted by Oakover
My softcore DH gets stuck loading when I attempt to import the profile.

I'll check it out later today. It's probably a field in the battle.net API my calculator has yet to encounter.

10/28/2014 11:18 PMPosted by Oakover
There is a huge damage over 30 secs difference between LfB and Maestrom.

I targeting implemented logic for grenades so that it now uses the field "Spacing between targets" to determine how many targets are effected by each grenade. If this number is less than the grenade AoE radius (click the "Skills..." button to see data for each skill), then all targets will be hit by each grenade. Otherwise only one target will be hit by each grenade.

Generally, each Grenade will do far less damage than a single rocket (especially if you have Ballistics), however, rockets can only hit one target each and multiple rockets cannot hit the same target, so grenades will scale up when you have lots of targets in close proximity. If you spread the targets out, grenades lose this advantage.