DH T6 survivability

Console Discussion
Been running my M6 lately and I was just wondering what I should prioritize regarding survivability, Armor or AR? My armor is just sitting just under 16k and my resists (max para) are sitting around 400-600 and life is 535k.
Seems kinda low honestly. depending on your dmg and how quick you can kill things I wouldn't expect you to last too long. make sure you have healing as well.

If you look at your details page (open inventory and press "x" for 360/one, not sure on ps3/ps4) you should be able to get even more detailed information on how much dmg reduction is happening ( what percentage) though you may need to enable advanced tooltips. After about 80% the effectiveness decreases. Example:

Say you have 800 of a specific resistance and the advanced information shows that that particular resistance is providing 85% dmg reduction for that element. If you add anymore of that particular element it will only go up by fractions of a percent. Therefore, adding more is not really worth it.

Same applies to armor.

Honestly though DH are usually glass cannons anyways. I would shoot for using your dodging skills. Learning to roll out of harms way would be good too. I would try for a little more resistance and then just stack the heck out of dmg so you can kill everything before it really becomes a problem.
10/20/2014 06:51 PMPosted by siren101
Seems kinda low honestly. depending on your dmg and how quick you can kill things I wouldn't expect you to last too long. make sure you have healing as well.

If you look at your details page (open inventory and press "x" for 360/one, not sure on ps3/ps4) you should be able to get even more detailed information on how much dmg reduction is happening ( what percentage) though you may need to enable advanced tooltips. After about 80% the effectiveness decreases. Example:

Say you have 800 of a specific resistance and the advanced information shows that that particular resistance is providing 85% dmg reduction for that element. If you add anymore of that particular element it will only go up by fractions of a percent. Therefore, adding more is not really worth it.

Same applies to armor.

Honestly though DH are usually glass cannons anyways. I would shoot for using your dodging skills. Learning to roll out of harms way would be good too. I would try for a little more resistance and then just stack the heck out of dmg so you can kill everything before it really becomes a problem.

Ok, thank you Siren101 :) good read.
I would say go with all resist. As a DH your armor stat is increased by dexterity, so you should be good in that department.

I don't know what passives you're using, but I use the Steady Aim one, which gives 20% more damage if no enemies are within 10 yards. This helps me remember to stay away from enemies, and let my pets tank and take the aggro for me. :)

Also, if you're running M6, you should utilize your sentries to the max. Drop them, keep moving until the cooldown is off, and then drop another. Try not to stay in one spot for too long. I use cluster arrow as my hatred spender- it does a lot of damage.
A good rule of thumb to follow is to compare your damage reduction from armor with your damage reduction from resistance. You'll generally get better returns from increasing the one with lesser reduction.

This usually means you need resistance if you're a DH, since your main stat increases armor anyway. If you're running a WD or a wizard however, you'll probably want armor boosting gear.
I run T6 on my DH with the maruader set, same as you fairly easy and up to rank 26 or so Grifts. I would focus on resistances up to 1k, drop your health down to about 260k or so and just use tumble and your turrets.

In T6 you will die in 2 hits anyway so just focus on setting up the turrets as fast as possible and then just tumble away from everything.

Also for rerolling the items on gear, if you cant reroll into elemental arrow damage or turret damage, just roll elemental resists first then armor on the piece if resists isnt an option.

You really need to get those resistances up to around 1k without gemming.

Oh by the way, if you havent tried elemental arrow with ball lighting and cold turrets, try it, lol its a blast... Those turrets can spit those lightning balls out all day long :)
How much toughness are you running with only 260k hp? It seems kind of low..
Honestly I do not remember as I am at work. I will check tonight and confirm.
When soloing a unity with follower with unity+immortal relic will reduce DMG u take by 50%
none of the above. go for perma smokescreen
10/21/2014 08:55 AMPosted by ChrisPWaffle

LOL
Since you now get armor for Dexterity, I'd focus on AR for gear.
10/21/2014 08:55 AMPosted by ChrisPWaffle

I want to give that a try, just waiting for a nicely rolled Meticulous quiver.
10/21/2014 03:22 AMPosted by Oompah
I run T6 on my DH with the maruader set, same as you fairly easy and up to rank 26 or so Grifts. I would focus on resistances up to 1k, drop your health down to about 260k or so and just use tumble and your turrets.

In T6 you will die in 2 hits anyway so just focus on setting up the turrets as fast as possible and then just tumble away from everything.

Also for rerolling the items on gear, if you cant reroll into elemental arrow damage or turret damage, just roll elemental resists first then armor on the piece if resists isnt an option.

You really need to get those resistances up to around 1k without gemming.

Oh by the way, if you havent tried elemental arrow with ball lighting and cold turrets, try it, lol its a blast... Those turrets can spit those lightning balls out all day long :)

Oh man, blast would be an understatement lol this morning found a meticulous bolts and a helltrapper, ran a Grift 29 and I was just burning 'em down it was so fun, ball lightning everywhere. :p I still have a little way to go to get my res up but I'm getting closer to your recommendation than i was when I first posted. I was wondering does Helltrapper proc off Sentries?
Nope. Sentries can't really proc anything in the current version of the game.
10/22/2014 05:11 PMPosted by SEVEN

Oh man, blast would be an understatement lol this morning found a meticulous bolts and a helltrapper, ran a Grift 29 and I was just burning 'em down it was so fun, ball lightning everywhere. :p I still have a little way to go to get my res up but I'm getting closer to your recommendation than i was when I first posted. I was wondering does Helltrapper proc off Sentries?

Good deal, I honestly forgot to look last night at my toughness. I was running ubers to build some hellfire amulets and the only set of ubers I could not do on T6 was the diablo one all the other ones I Just setup the sentries and tumbled away to where they were almost off the screen and just kind of hung out while they beat everything down. Tumbled away every now and then when someone threw a fireball at me but other than that it was fairly easy.

I think tonight when I get home im going to try spitfire turrets instead of the cold but I need to do some more research to figure out how that would affect the cull the weak skill. I am assuming that instead of the cold turrets making cull the weak proc, you would need to slow the mobs yourself with cold arrow or something to that effect.
Socketed Unity + Unity on Follower w/ never die relic is a must. Rucksack and Hellfire ammy w/ Etrayu stacking cold dmg% is also a plus. 1100k base dps w/ 5100k toughness and I get through GR34s before the timer clocks out. Depends on the rift density and mobs of course. T6 is a joke with using only 3-4 of the 5 sentries. Having that 2.85 Breakpoint with a good set of Taskers is the way to go to melt mobs and such. As you get into the higher greater rifts you'll most likely want to stack dps instead of toughness as you will get 1 hit killed by just about any champ.
10/23/2014 03:33 AMPosted by Oompah
10/22/2014 05:11 PMPosted by SEVEN

Good deal, I honestly forgot to look last night at my toughness. I was running ubers to build some hellfire amulets and the only set of ubers I could not do on T6 was the diablo one all the other ones I Just setup the sentries and tumbled away to where they were almost off the screen and just kind of hung out while they beat everything down. Tumbled away every now and then when someone threw a fireball at me but other than that it was fairly easy.

I think tonight when I get home im going to try spitfire turrets instead of the cold but I need to do some more research to figure out how that would affect the cull the weak skill. I am assuming that instead of the cold turrets making cull the weak proc, you would need to slow the mobs yourself with cold arrow or something to that effect.

When I was farming Uber Diablo on T5, He was able to spawn one minion before going down so I might try T6. Im running CA:DA, Impale:Ricochet and EA:BL It's working pretty well. Are you running BotT? If so, would you know if sentries benefit from the secondary property? If they do then you would only lose mob MS by swapping. :)