1.2+ billion damage ticks

Wizard
1 2 3 17 Next
Hey Guys,

Been working for ages to find the best higher rift group build possible for wizards with a tiki witch dr.

This is the build that I've come up with help from the Korean's, lots of people in these forums and bunch of guys from I've been running with being nerdmurderer, camo, fatality and Venaliter.

This is the highest DPS build I've found for wizard and with a decent group I'm getting 1.2+ billion damage ticks. It also seems to be great for buffing group DPS and it's good for trials and can even get 44+ trial keys with two wizards in the group.

You can find the full write up on it here: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/4580-firedawns-group-firebird-1-2-billion-damage-ticks

Let's take back the leader boards. :)
I've seen variants of this build alternating with Disintegrate and Arcane Torrent.

You might want to revise the IAS parts because you don't want to blindly stack IAS if it's not helping you reach the proper breakpoints.

That's why it may not be such a fantastic idea to run Stretch Time, especially if you do have other characters in the party that watch APS breakpoints, e.g. perhaps another channeling wizard or M6 DH. I'd take Time Warp or run Strongarm with Black Hole for the party.
10/19/2014 09:17 PMPosted by Jaetch
I've seen variants of this build alternating with Disintegrate and Arcane Torrent.

You might want to revise the IAS parts because you don't want to blindly stack IAS if it's not helping you reach the proper breakpoints.

Here they are:

1.42858 - 1.53846 13 4.61538
    1.53847 - 1.66666 12 5.00000
    1.66667 - 1.81818 11 5.45455
    1.81819 - 2.00000 10 6.00000
    2.00001 - 2.22222 9 6.66667
    2.22223 - 2.50000 8 7.50000

I'm not sold on Time Stretch Either. He makes me run Time Warp ;-) the double bubbles are amazing against Electrify, and the WD takes care of the rest. We go back and forth some on gems; I'm not convinced Toxin is particularly good with two DPS and two ZDPS. It's considerably better with three DPS, though.

Trapped, Zei's are pretty slamdunk. Toxin/Powerful are strong for the third. Fire is thinking about Pain Enhancer. I think we've both written off Taeguk as just plain annoying.
You only need one player to run Toxin and that's the WD. It's not necessary for anyone else to run it unless the WD in your party dies a lot. That said, other than Toxin, there's really not that much else for the WD to run other than Moratorium and/or Invigorating for more survivability.

The only thing that's stopping me from running this in a group is a good Restraint. I found so many useable Focuses already, it's not even funny (those with native CHC/CHD and/or socket). Restraints are hard to come by for me.

Also, I'm doubting the 1 billion ticks are from Firebird alone. It's likely the combination of the infinite DoT, the secondary DoT from fire spells, plus the DoT ticks from both Disintegrate and Mammoth Hydra. Still, that's plenty of damage. If you guys can upload at least screenshots and/or video clips, that'd be nice.

This build is still under development from what I can tell because it does take specific gear pieces to set up.
10/19/2014 09:42 PMPosted by Jaetch
You only need one player to run Toxin and that's the WD. It's not necessary for anyone else to run it unless the WD in your party dies a lot.

I thought they stacked per player.

The only thing that's stopping me from running this in a group is a good Restraint. I found so many useable Focuses already, it's not even funny (those with native CHC/CHD and/or socket). Restraints are hard to come by for me.

Depending on how they work; I haven't found a detailed analysis of Restraint/Focus. Last I heard, they were ADDITIVE, not multiplicative.

Focus requires an absolutely perfect roll to be usable. Good Restraints drop like candy. I think you mixed up the names on those. I haven't found one either :( Sigh.

Been using Stone and RRoG.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - love that quote and yeah this build has been contributed to by a lot of people. I posted the latest version as I haven't seen anyone else pulling the same damage numbers, I even asked the Korean's. :)

That's why it may not be such a fantastic idea to run Stretch Time, especially if you do have other characters in the party that watch APS breakpoints, e.g. perhaps another channeling wizard or M6 DH.

I'm not sure I agree here but I would love to be proven wrong. My rational is that unlike DH's we have tons of breakpoints so why bother looking since we can only get AS on a few places in the ideal set-up. Secondly With other classes I don't believe for example there is any problem for a DH to be above the maximum breakpoints with AS. The attack speed increase helps magic weapon conduit which gives you way better arcane regeneration the higher it is. Your attack speed is going to be different all the time based on if you have stretch time up, if you are in big bad voodoo etc. Finally stretch time is what got the build from 1 billion to 1.2+ billion and made lots of the DH's I play with happy.

I'd take Time Warp or run Strongarm with Black Hole for the party.

Time warp works well but that's normally what I get another Wizard to run (yeah I'm bossy Ven) . Black Hole never ever ever run in a higher GR with a WD as it breaks the tiki and wipes the party.

10/19/2014 09:28 PMPosted by Venaliter
I'm not convinced Toxin is particularly good with two DPS and two ZDPS. It's considerably better with three DPS, though.

My view on toxin is only if everyone runs it in the party is it worth it.

You only need one player to run Toxin and that's the WD.

Toxin stacks and 40% additional damage if everyone is running it is good.

The only thing that's stopping me from running this in a group is a good Restraint. I found so many useable Focuses already

They are hard to find I was stoked when I got good ones. I will set-up my profile on my seasonal so people can checkout the gear later. I wouldn't not run this build though if you don't have a restraint and focus. You can run RROG, SOJ and Cindercoat and do really good damage. With that build you can swap an arcane generator for a DPS boost so it's really close.

Also, I'm doubting the 1 billion ticks are from Firebird alone. It's likely the combination of the infinite DoT, the secondary DoT from fire spells, plus the DoT ticks from both Disintegrate and Mammoth Hydra. Still, that's plenty of damage. If you guys can upload at least screenshots and/or video clips, that'd be nice.

Yeah to get to 1.2+ billion it's everything including party buffs. With a 2 Wizard, DH, WD party the ticks are around 1 billion. With a single Wizard, WD and DH or ZDPS monk it's 1.2+ billion as the buff synergy is slightly better.

If you guys can upload at least screenshots and/or video clips, that'd be nice.

Pic's or it didn't happen. Yeah planning on doing a video shortly and will upload it to show off the build. May also do a trial video and a 2x wizard video as well when I get time.

This build is still under development from what I can tell because it does take specific gear pieces to set up.

Not sure I agree with this either. You can run it without Furnance (Ven does), You can run it without focus and restraint as per above. I haven't gotten to showing the alternatives in the build profile though I will do that later.

Also for trials for crazy DPS you swap furnace to serpent sparker, add in your firebirds orb and put cinder coat on. Now you're cooking with fire. If you want to do it with 2 wizards get the other wizard running gale and black hole.

10/19/2014 09:47 PMPosted by Venaliter
Depending on how they work; I haven't found a detailed analysis of Restraint/Focus. Last I heard, they were ADDITIVE, not multiplicative.

They are multiplicative and there are some good posts on the Wizard and Barb forums about them. A few people even did that math!

Everyone help up rank that build on Diablo Fans and join me in the cause to get Wizards to stop playing a solo defense build in greater rifts and then complaining that they are not getting to play in high GR's!
Why disintegrate over Arcane Torrent?

Not worth trying to work in Cold Blooded?
I don't know why but for me AT just does not seem to do the same DPS output.

Cold blooded I used to run for the group DPS buff though I have found it's doesn't fit in that well due to the arcane regeneration cost seems to slow you down a bit. I think cold blooded may work really well with a hell fire amulet though which I don't have yet.

The other interesting variant I want to test out is pain enhancer with audacity instead of zei's, haven't done enough testing on that yet however.
hmmm... is 50% multiplicative bonus really better than soj+rorg? (40% fire+30% elite).
Also, your write-up says chd, int, chc, socket on helm. You can't roll chd on helm. Taking this all the way, I'd think priorities would be:

Helm: int, chc, disintegrate, vit or amethyst
Shoulder: int, vit, rcr, hydra
Bracer: fire, int, ias, vit
Glove: int, ias, chc, chd
Chest: int, hydra, vit, 3x topaz
Boots: int, vit, disintegrate, AR

With IAS in the build, I think you could get to the point where two hydra damage rolls and blazing beat out mammoth. But maybe the poorer AoE makes it not worthwhile.

I have a spare furnace I could roll IAS onto. And I think I have a good pair of focus and restraint.

Does hydra snapshot arcane dynamo?

Looking forward to trying this out. :) Thanks for sharing it!
Wow that's great ..

Thank you for your new build

i'll try ur build

Before trial patch . i'd got 49 grift key as meteor staff
but now i'm struggling to get higher grift key
so i've played DH trial use

Do u know buff Crusader ?

In these day popular class in korea
i've played with buff Crusader , Wd , Dh and me or 2Wiz
becasue high attack speed and dmg buff skill help my build
im using another build so called Arcane Dynamo Disintegrate Blaze hydra

Item and skill

http://kr.battle.net/d3/ko/profile/%EB%AC%B4%EC%8B%A0-3529/hero/39299486

Gem

Enforcer, BofT ,Zei

This build make up for the weak point for Last Boss Grif Guardian

but Aracne power run short quickly beacause of attack speed
so it might as well change into conduit

I think this is more powerful than last version
Who told you guys that Toxin stacks? It does not. Only one person in a party needs it, and usually it's a monk.
question: do you gain attack speed from someone else's pain enhancer gem?
Oh this is in interesting topic, some conflicting things in it though.
Toxin 10% does in fact stack, tested it for myself a few weeks back. Thanks for the post Firedawn! Now to find decent Focus/Restraint rings.
10/20/2014 12:03 AMPosted by kokopuffs
hmmm... is 50% multiplicative bonus really better than soj+rorg? (40% fire+30% elite).

It seems to be to me though it's really close. The reason why it's higher is due to getting the chc and chd on the rings I believe. Someone did the math in the forums awhile back you can check out.

10/20/2014 12:05 AMPosted by grippgoat
Also, your write-up says chd, int, chc, socket on helm. You can't roll chd on helm

My bad, fixed now. Looking at your other stuff, hydra does not benefit mammoth, bracers should have chc, chest no point on hydra.

10/20/2014 12:05 AMPosted by grippgoat
Does hydra snapshot arcane dynamo?

I believe so, I took that from 무신's build.

10/20/2014 12:26 AMPosted by 무신
Do u know buff Crusader ?

Have seen it in some of the top ranks on the US servers now, need to check it and and try a run with someone to test.

10/20/2014 01:50 AMPosted by kokopuffs
question: do you gain attack speed from someone else's pain enhancer gem?

Haven't tested yet though need to do that. Spent tonight failing at recording videos, though learnt that if you buy fraps you can then record more than 30 seconds! Will do videos tomorrow however you can now see on the season wizard leader boards a 2 wizard party with a DH not at max break point and a WD doing a 44. This looks to be the highest 2 wizard party. We had the 45 easily until I got disconnected. :(

10/20/2014 02:13 AMPosted by Spektr
I'm wearing your build right now! Although I've yet to find a good Xephirian Amulet :\

I don't run Xeph I run eye of etlich at the moment until I roll a decent hell fire. I've the set-up on my female seasonal wizard if you want to look, though passives are wrong as was running with another wizard. Though I did learn after running with the dual wizards tonight and having astral presence that I really want that as the 5th as it's permanent arcane power.

10/20/2014 02:44 AMPosted by ZwizM
Toxin 10% does in fact stack, tested it for myself a few weeks back. Thanks for the post Firedawn! Now to find decent Focus/Restraint rings.

Yep thanks for validating that. Focus and Restraint are good though you can run this build without them pretty easily.

10/20/2014 03:13 AMPosted by Spektr
It's too bad the Mammoth Hydra doesn't benefit from the IAS.

Blizzard should hopefully add this in a patch as per the blue post.

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone and if you can please help up rank the build on Diablo Fans.
Got a few things wrong the first time, second attempt can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Air3UPpySbLddHVXSWJoTFNqeGV4V0ZIUzNsNG96eVE#gid=30

Results, with near BiS gear, with hydra getting arcane dynamo, and with BBV+strongarms as the only out-of-class dmg buff
10/20/2014 05:42 AMPosted by Firedawn
It seems to be to me though it's really close. The reason why it's higher is due to getting the chc and chd on the rings I believe. Someone did the math in the forums awhile back you can check out.

Any chance you could find a link? I'd love to compare notes.