Goblins in Normal Rifts

General Discussion
Why are there goblins in normal rifts? I've brought this up so many times and haven't found a legitimate answer. They aren't in GR's because you can't spawn a portal there. They are found in normal rifts because you can't spawn a portal there.

See what I mean?

Either remove goblins from normal rifts or allow them to spawn a portal in normal rifts. End rant.
Seriously ?
they can spawn portals outside of rift/grift? I never know that.
10/22/2014 04:34 PMPosted by CHawk015
Seriously ?

Dead serious, what's the point of having them spawn if they can't spawn the portal? It's nonsense.
Goblins in regular rifts have double the chance of dropping a legendary as goblins outside of rifts. What Blizzard intends is:

Bounties: Gold / Exp

Rifts: Legendaries / Crystals

Greater Rifts: Legendaries / Crystals / Upgrading gems
I dont see the issue with goblins in rifts?

Yes, they cant spawn a portal. Woooooo who cares? They still drop gems, and have a slightly higher drop rate at Legendarys. Where is the problem?
Having goblins in rifts is a awesome thing especially if you get a pack with 15-20 goblins. Then you get more gems, matts, rares and legs. They are like mini elites and the new goblins don't run away and portal like the old ones did and cc works on them.
Is this a troll post?

If you want your Goblin to spawn a portal, hunt them while doing bounties.

If you want your Goblin to drop Legendary items, make sure to kill them in a rift.

Common sense...
We can get Whymsydale portal in normal rifts so ... Fishy.
10/22/2014 04:37 PMPosted by dukeof3arl
Dead serious, what's the point of having them spawn if they can't spawn the portal?

They still drop items and a lot of crafting mats.
10/23/2014 04:03 AMPosted by Krc
We can get Whymsydale portal in normal rifts so ... Fishy.

Can you? I have killed several of those damn things in rifts and never got a portal whereas when I do bounties and kill one they always drop a portal to that stupid place.
10/22/2014 04:33 PMPosted by dukeof3arl
Why are there goblins in normal rifts? I've brought this up so many times and haven't found a legitimate answer. They aren't in GR's because you can't spawn a portal there. They are found in normal rifts because you can't spawn a portal there.

actually the reason they arent in GR's because mobs dont drop loot in GR's. They are in normal rifts because mobs do drop loot in normal rifts.
Why are there goblins in normal rifts?

Because they drops crafting mats, have as much if not higher chance than elites to drop legendaries, and can come in packs of 10-30 goblins at a time.

I've brought this up so many times and haven't found a legitimate answer.

Very doubtful. I think you got answers and chose to ignore them because they didn't agree with you.

They aren't in GR's because you can't spawn a portal there.

They're not in greater rifts because nothing drops in greater rifts. What's the point of a loot piñata mob in a place with no loot?

They are found in normal rifts because you can't spawn a portal there.

See what I mean?

Either remove goblins from normal rifts or allow them to spawn a portal in normal rifts. End rant.

Argument makes no sense at all. If they were allowed to spawn portals in rifts, the chance would have to be reduced so much to compensate for goblin packs that it would be pretty much impossible to find a portal outside of rifts.
Before last patch, Boon Portal wasn't even a thing. Now it spawns in certain areas... Goblins were not solely made for chances at portal drops, no matter how badly you want it...
Same reason Rainbow Goblins exist. Because they can, no matter where a Rainbow goblin is they are -------useless------- yet they are still in the game. At least treasure goblins are useful sometimes.
There is nothing wrong with the way it is set up now.

If you find a Goblin not worth your time to kill for the gold and crafting mats,
Don't.

I believe you would be hard pressed to find someone else in your rift group that would agree.
In fact, imagine what the group would think of the guy that didn't help kill the treasure goblin?