4.15 frostfire

Demon Hunter
Hello, just want to see if people running 4.15 frostfire without gogok and what they use.
I m trying to see how well it go.

I m running with this profile : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/marss-1705/hero/51733695

I do swap my SoJ for one with IAS instead Dex, bracer go with steady striker with IAS instead vit. I temporaly use IAS on neck to test stuff, but another RORG with 7 IAS instead 5 OR more IAS on quiver get me to a natural 4.15 BP with a 1h xbow.

I did test helltrapper since that s the one I rolled best so far.

I didn t seem to worth using it since I ran out hatred too quick to make worth the special hability on it. I would run calamity with this build, but the one I got just dont have good dps.

Anyone did try this and see if frostfire get a step ahead instead using Etrayu? I did see on some chart/post that it should go that way : BP7 1h xbow > BP6 2h xbow > BP6 bow.

I m just too lazy to play the lighting ball build and mostly running T6, so not the best choice.

I m kind of bored so trying to see what different I can try with this caracter until end of season.
I have all perfect ASI rolls on RORG, WH, TNT (6% on glove, 50% to pets), Lacunis, and either my nats ring or SOJ. I have 18% on my quiver. To reach 4.15 I dump 50 points from Paragon and I just reach it. I only need 45 to hit 2.84 for my 2h xbow.

The Nats combo is lackluster, even with the bonuses, the 7% to CHC not withstanding, it boosts my discipline from 30 to 59 which is probably what I like the most about the build. I've been running it since last night and while 2.3m sheet dps is pretty to look at, the loss of 30% elite damage is felt in GRs. I don't have sufficient testing for trial keys, which is why I put it together to begin with as the SOJ is useless in that environment. Perhaps it can also have a home for T6 speed runs. However even in T6, I do notice extended kill times with champions, trash mobs have always been a non issue. Ideally, I'd like to combine the SOJ with a godly Calamity. It would force me to run Toxins gem, but I find it's quite decent in practice. Need the bow. Running a Hallowed Judgement with the SOJ and Zeis is another alternative.

Right now, I find I'm still preferring a 2h xbow at 2.84. It may trail the 1h xbow at 4.15 on paper, but I still find I get the best results with that set up. 4.15 on frostfire is not very earth shattering considering how difficult it is to obtain. I can't imagine ever sacrificing a single slot for it and can't believe people resort to Gogok's, party tricks and even losing 10/100% CHC/CHD on their amulets for an extra volley of MS and EA.
Ty for your feedback. Might try to see how well it go with a 2h xbow at BP6. Got a hellrack to try it out, just dont like much not having a special attribute off the weapon, such Calamity that give an extra 20% dmg, and it stack with 4 primary stat, it s not like losing IAS for the 20% dmg increase.

Zeis a good alternative for bane of powerfull? Did think once using it wirh kridershot to get value with stun effect.
I'm currently doing Frostfire 4.15 but I need to use my Enchantress since I'm 1% ASI short with 50/50 paragon points in ASI. In parties without buffs, I need to use a weaker RoRG (8% CDR instead of 50% CHD) since it has 7% ASI to hit the breakpoint. Once I find a 20% quiver that I like (fat chance), I can finally use my CHD RoRG.

I don't have a Helltrapper since it takes me about 10 sets of bounties to find one and I have yet to see a decent one. This thing is hard to get rolled well (/sigh).

I use Enforcer, Bane of the Trapped and either Gem of Efficacious Toxin or Pain Enhancer to trigger the Marked for Death. In Greater Rifts, I use Bane of the Powerful instead and mark things manually since I'm lacking on elite damage. I really need a SoJ with 7% ASI and a socket.
I would rather have ur calamity than my well rolled helltrapper!
I tried it with Calamity. Unfortunately due to the gear I have in stash I lose CD because I have to use a non-trifecta TnT, and I lose Unity/SoJ OR my Third Gem because I have to wear a necklace with AS and no socket or a non-Unity/SoJ ring with AS/Socket. I also lose CDR because I have to max paragon points and Templar for heals.

I tried it for a few greater rifts. It was about equal to my current 2.84 BP setup with Etrayu, but I was also running with less toughness and dying more so it was more frustrating to play.

What they say about needing perfect gear and high paragon for 4.15 is absolutely true. I think I have very good gear, but I'm missing a few key pieces, specifically near perfect tri-fecta TnT, and could use a ring or amulet that I could roll the dex off for attack speed. If I had a close to 7/50 tri-fecta TnT and a Unity with CC(or CD)/AS/Elite/Socket then I could run the build without much sacrifice.

I wouldn't bother running 4.15 unless you've got at least 600 paragon, near perfect tri-fecta TnTs, a good Calamity, a 19-20% good quiver, and a lot of other very good supporting gear.
11/03/2014 09:48 AMPosted by marss
Ty for your feedback. Might try to see how well it go with a 2h xbow at BP6. Got a hellrack to try it out, just dont like much not having a special attribute off the weapon, such Calamity that give an extra 20% dmg, and it stack with 4 primary stat, it s not like losing IAS for the 20% dmg increase.

Zeis a good alternative for bane of powerfull? Did think once using it wirh kridershot to get value with stun effect.

Sentries don't proc anything anyway. Toxins + Calamity will proc MFD. That's about it unfortunately. I have a godly rolled Buriza and hoping for the day I can make use of pierce (2). Not holding my breath. A well rolled weapon trumps everything. Actually that applies to almost anything in this game. People make a big deal about names (e.g., Etrayu), but the roll is everything. Make yourself an Arcane Barb. It's the best weapon for the 1h xbow simply because you can make an infinite amount, and again, there is no 1hander with a special affix you can make use of.

Zeis is most definitely a great gem. It procs off the distance from sentries, not you, FYI. I'm still testing, but I did prefer Toxins (even without Calamity), which I felt was either equal too or surpasses Zeis in practice (yes, I did the math and Zeis does pull ahead from 30 yards+). Toxins is more consistent, but Zeis at 50 yards decimates. Both are the best choice for a third gem. Bane of Powerful is extremely overrated as the buff is additive and not always up, especially in long GR fights. Toxins beats it hands down. And Toxins greatly surpasses Pain Enhancer.

Calamity + MFD are great, but you take a huge hit to performance on the 2h xbows. They hit for about half of what a 1hander does. Even that lucrative 20% doesn't make up for that loss. With that said, I'd love a godly Calamity and would probably run that at 4.15 if I had it. So for now, I just wait till a good one drops.

There is a thread about 4.15BP edging out 2.86, all things considered. And when they say "edge", they mean it. Talking infinitesimal increase. Far below threshold to notice. Even now with my testing in trials, I get 43 keys with both 2.86 and 4.15 builds. I think I'm pretty much at the max of frostfire and maybe if I had all perfect Dex on my gear, I may be able to push a 44 (or just get lucky).

4.15 seems far better suited to group play or T6 rifts. I don't feel it has the stopping power of 2.86, even when equal gearing and that's especially important in GRs. 4.15 also makes far better use of % cold as it's useful for multiple targets. Unfortunately, single targets then suffer as they benefit more from fire and 2.86's brute force. Things people don't often talk about within the frostfire camp. Damned if you do. I honestly feel these days that 20% fire and 20% cold are the best compromise for an all purpose build and I run with such (19% fire on my SOJ and 20% on my Lacunis).
Im loving 4.15 frostfire calamity, hands down the best setup for a DH i think overall. The only reason everyone is in the slowball craze is for leaderboards, outside of greater rifts 40+ slowball is garbage compared to even etrayu setups, it has way to slow of a ramp up time for T6 farming or bounties. Calamity frost fire is great for everything else by a mile. if your over leaderboards than work your way to a nice 4.15 calamity setup and just have fun, in T6 everything dies usually before you even drop your second sentry lol :]
4.15 w/calamity is fun, sure, but whether its really better or not i suggest you check and see conclusively using http://sentrycalc.dawg6.com/sentry-web/. for the longest time i was running 4.15 frostfire w/calamity thinking it was the higher dps option, but once i checked the calcs my 2.84 etreyu setup was outdamaging it by a significant margin and i jumped up 4-5 grift levels from where i was at previously.
I've got a 4.15 Nats frost/fire that I'm casually building up for !@#$s and giggles:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Franky-1578/hero/49657304

Not playing with it actually except to test for progress. Made a mistake re-rolling the bracers and there's definitely a lot of other upgrades I can do.
11/03/2014 01:40 PMPosted by METATRON
Im loving 4.15 frostfire calamity, hands down the best setup for a DH i think overall. The only reason everyone is in the slowball craze is for leaderboards, outside of greater rifts 40+ slowball is garbage compared to even etrayu setups, it has way to slow of a ramp up time for T6 farming or bounties. Calamity frost fire is great for everything else by a mile. if your over leaderboards than work your way to a nice 4.15 calamity setup and just have fun, in T6 everything dies usually before you even drop your second sentry lol :]

T6 Slowball actually has a much faster ramp up than frostfire due to Helltrapper. You need to be close to mobs, use DA, Ambush, and ME+BV you never have hatred issues and for defense either SS or boon+goldwrap+Kymbo build. Over the weekend I perfected my build at the end getting exp 150m/min or nearly 9b/hour.
Im using the calamity 4.15 frost fire build atm, ignore the gems in my profile i use toxin/enforcer/bott, and have 7ias soj and unity and only sacrifice 50% chd, so dps loss isn't much. Its great fun, in groups 30% damage buff but i just started the build and my calamity is nothing special.

My etrayu build i use slave bonds and have much more toughness/elite/elemental sheet dps, but i still have no idea which build does the most dps. I keep reading if you don't have to sacrifice much 4.15 will always out dps 2.84. I'll have to play both builds a lot more.
Why do so many call it 4.15 when you actually have to get slightly above 4.15? Target 4.16, imo, to make sure you are there.
11/03/2014 11:42 AMPosted by Tiem
Sentries don't proc anything anyway. Toxins + Calamity will proc MFD.

Not true bud, Sentries do proc MFD on skill bar when pain enhancer gem is used.

I have always liked the 2H xbow set up anyway, so I use MFD contagion, works like a charm.

Try it out :)

btw...still working on getting to breakpoint 6...TOUGH :/
11/03/2014 06:15 PMPosted by Hotz
Why do so many call it 4.15 when you actually have to get slightly above 4.15? Target 4.16, imo, to make sure you are there.

Ugh, okay Mr. Technical. We call it that because calling it "you have to get slightly above 4.15" build is pretty wordy. And technically, you have to get 4.155 and you're good.

@Reaper666, I know bro. ET and PE both proc MFD. But ET obliterates PE so there's little worth in mentioning it (or using it).
I had my calamity resting in my stash for the longest time until recently i was able to break 4.16 w/out needing gogok or ias from amulet. (build on profile, but I often swap SoJ for another 7ias ring w/ hoarder)

It is AMAZINGLY good and fun to play!

I think it's hands down the best spec for speed t6 rifts, good for group GRs, but still not as good as lightning for solo GR 40+.

With my optimal 2760dps Etrayu setup http://sentrycalc.dawg6.com/sentry-web/ was showing around 460M(490M with +cold% SoJ) dps per sentry, however with my Calamity @4.15 my sentry dps jumped way up to 563M, so it is quite a substantial damage increase given similar weap stats and sheet dps.

The only caveat is that although my 4.15 items are just slightly less dmg, I do loose substantial toughness and am not able to equip Unity as I don't have one with 7%ias so staying alive in 37+ GR is more challenging.
11/04/2014 01:50 AMPosted by Cheffster
With my optimal 2760dps Etrayu setup http://sentrycalc.dawg6.com/sentry-web/ was showing around 460M(490M with +cold% SoJ) dps per sentry

Based on how many 'Max # of "additional" targets'? What does it look like at 0?

Nm, I pulled up your stats. I don't know what number you're looking at, but each sentry is hitting for 92m. Even with Ambush active, you're only doing 129m per sentry. Even at 5 targets and 50 yards, I can't reproduce 460m per sentry unless you're talking about 100% health and Ambush active, which is a bit of an inflation.

Fact is, you'd be hitting a lot harder with a perfectly rolled AB at 2.84 than your extremely lackluster Calamity, even with MFD applied.

Also you're not running ET or PE, so I'm guessing you self shot to mark them, which means you likely miss a lot of targets or it takes you a bit of time to get MFD up and running, losing out on some added damage.
11/04/2014 02:52 AMPosted by Tiem

My earlier post was with 6 max additional targets.
At 0 it shows:

133M - Etrayu
155M - Calmity
11/04/2014 03:20 AMPosted by Cheffster
11/04/2014 02:52 AMPosted by Tiem

My earlier post was with 6 max additional targets.
At 0 it shows:

133M - Etrayu
155M - Calmity

Ya I don't know where you're getting these from, but that's not what I got when ran your profile (see above).