Massive Server Outage

Hardcore
Rest in Peace Ambassador, and many, many others.

Please Blizzard. Why? :(

Please. I beg of you. Please, do a rollback. It's so massively unfair to lose characters through no fault of our own.
=/ got me too... RiP gamer stay strong! we'll see better days
I had a few yellow lag spikes during my rifts but no DC...
11/02/2014 12:39 AMPosted by UtopiA
I had a few yellow lag spikes during my rifts but no DC...

No d/c but i dropped to red for about 3 mins.. took 5 seconds just to chat. 1k+
Here's another question for Blizzard that I hope at least gets answered:

Why isn't pausing the game / single player not server-sided?

This hurts so much. I always lose HC characters due to server issues. God damn this.
Pausing is server-side.
If you pause while lagging, the game still keeps playing until the lag ends and then it pauses.

Although you used a double negative so I think that's what you're saying.
You're supposed to pause in lag, anyway.
I like the server sided pause idea but they would have to have a button for the party. If one paused it right now w/ esc another would press esc 1 second later and un pause the game. Make one button for a party that anyone can press and then a 30 second counter to agree to start or something.

It'll never happen but we can dream
I died to lag yesterday. It was not my first lag death and it won't be my last. I've also died to disconnects. In fact I should have died many times to disconnects but I got lucky and other people kept my toon safe. If you are going to continue playing hardcore you need to take it all with a grain of salt. They are just virtual bits and relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

You can't even say you lost the time you spent because you actually got enjoyment while spending it playing the game. The worst that you can say is that the "death" cost you the future time you would have spent with that specific toon. Future time that you can now spend on a different toon, so the loss isn't that bad.

Given that there is a 100% xp buff this weekend if you stop spending time complaining and spend it playing you can probably be back to 70 in a short amount of time.

11/02/2014 12:33 AMPosted by Feralheart
I beg of you. Please, do a rollback
No hardcore player worth his salt asks for rollbacks, let alone begs for one. This is like a burly linebacker publicly admitted to wearing women's undergarments because "they feel so soft and tingly down there." You embarrass yourself and the community.

11/02/2014 12:43 AMPosted by Feralheart
Why isn't pausing the game / single player not server-sided?
Why is it so difficult for people to understand that when lag (or dc) hits it effectively breaks the constant stream of communication between the client and the server? Think of it like a phone call. You're talking to someone. Talking. Talking. Talking. But then you realize the other guy isn't saying anything. Is it because he decided to only listen? Maybe he walked away from the phone? Maybe a Ninja cut the phone line? Maybe all of the above? When did the Ninja decided to cut the line? How can you tell?

You can't.
11/02/2014 07:14 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
When did the Ninja decided to cut the line? How can you tell?

You can't.

For the last time, stop asking all your ninja questions here! I'm so sick of these ninja threads in HC. It's like you didn't even read what you signed up for, then you come here with all "why'd the ninja do this? why'd the ninja do that? can't a ninja get a roll back round here?"

I'm sick of it. sick of it I say!

Ninja forums are that way
<-----------------------------------
Hop off your high horse, dude.

Since this post, I made a new crusader, already hit 70, and I'm back doing t4 and what not.

I don't quite have the same power as my last crusader, but I do have a Leoric's Crown (which my last character didn't have) so I'm on the right path.

It just sucks an incredible amount that every time I lose a character, it's latency's fault.
OP, you ask for a roll back, then 10 hours after post you have a lvl 70 character doing T4 ?? I sense a disconnect between your whining and the outstanding performance that followed. Carried ?

geology: at least ninja references are not coupled with "Chuck Norris" ones here :)

Lab.
11/02/2014 09:52 AMPosted by Spiff
OP, you ask for a roll back, then 10 hours after post you have a lvl 70 character doing T4 ?? I sense a disconnect between your whining and the outstanding performance that followed. Carried ?

geology: at least ninja references are not coupled with "Chuck Norris" ones here :)

Lab.

I had spare gear ;)

I mostly play solo. The only carry that occurred was from level 1 to 70.
they should definitely rollback every time 3 people have lag.

massive
I didn't know they had sarcasm in the North Atlantic ^^^^

Let's go kill stuff isolation. Enrock is at 773 already!
11/02/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Bryanw1995

lmao, i'll be on later tonight ( in like 4 hours), gotta do some work :(
11/02/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Bryanw1995

That's P773 o_O
My job and my family really gets in the way of my game...

Lab.
11/02/2014 07:14 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
You can't even say you lost the time you spent because you actually got enjoyment while spending it playing the game. The worst that you can say is that the "death" cost you the future time you would have spent with that specific toon. Future time that you can now spend on a different toon, so the loss isn't that bad.

I can't like this enough. Not even just for Diablo, but so many things. People often talk about wasting time when they do things. If you were having fun, then you were never wasting your time.
Lost my condemn sader to this last night.

Sucks, but already rerolled.

Life goes on.
I beg for a thread starting one day ban upon dying. I never want a roll back for any reason. I know I'm going to be really angry if I lose my season sader to anything but an honorable death, but it will be just that... death. Put in another quarter and start over.
. . . Put in another quarter and start over . . .

This. Also- One of the Hardcore Mantras is. . .Death makes us stronger.

OP already admitted that his new character has a piece of gear that his old one didn't.

This will continue and the new character will be in many ways better than the old one.

We play, we die, we get better, we re-roll. It's the HC way.