*highly important for the PTR 2.1.2!*

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
talking about PTR...

I downloaded & installed PTR but now, when I Push play I receive a message "request patch"
A new patch for diablo is available .....)
Is PTR down ?
THX
talking about PTR...

I downloaded & installed PTR but now, when I Push play I receive a message "request patch"
A new patch for diablo is available .....)
Is PTR down ?
THX
u guys realize.... blizz will probably "smart drop" everyone with 2.1.2 sets to see how high u get on GR with the new sets.

drop rate is a server side change, so they have no need to patch anything client side.
I m so sorry to say that, but i lost my faith in d3's developpers common sense. I am afrad that they have no common sense.
11/10/2014 02:57 AMPosted by satsan
No!

Diablo is a grind for gear game, ever was and ever will be.
You will grind for your gear, even on the PTR.

The important part is not the testing, it's grinding for gear.

Period.

1 charater paragon 18.
How are they supposed to "thoroughly" test the drop rates then?
11/11/2014 06:55 AMPosted by Rigaudon
The biggest part of PTR testing is ensuring the drop rates are correct, and there is not some hidden issues.

While it's not necessarily the biggest part of a PTR, testing the drop rates for different items is certainly important. It's one of the reasons we don't have a special vendor or adjusted drop rates for patch testing purposes.

As much as we like feedback on how it feels to finally wield powerful new items, it's just as important that we get feedback on whether an item feels too rare or too common. That said, we appreciate you all taking the time to find items on the PTR, take them for a spin, and tell us what you think!
11/11/2014 02:34 PMPosted by Tyvalir
While it's not necessarily the biggest part of a PTR, testing the drop rates for different items is certainly important. It's one of the reasons we don't have a special vendor or adjusted drop rates for patch testing purposes.

As much as we like feedback on how it feels to finally wield powerful new items, it's just as important that we get feedback on whether an item feels too rare or too common. That said, we appreciate you all taking the time to find items on the PTR, take them for a spin, and tell us what you think!

I had figured that by now that you guys had established that drop rates work, unless you have to reinvent the wheel every time you create an item? Actually testing how the items work together is far more important than the drop rate.
so narrow minded.

just because you can buy something doesnt mean it cant drop also.

it's just data.

your nerds cant tell the difference from a dropped item and a vendor item?
11/11/2014 02:40 PMPosted by DarkMatter

I had figured that by now that you guys had established that drop rates work, unless you have to reinvent the wheel every time you create an item? Actually testing how the items work together is far more important than the drop rate.

Not only that, but hows does a vendor take away from testing drop rates? You guys can't add in a hidden property like "sold from vendor" vs "dropped from world"? Wait, we can't salvage vendor items, so yes, yes you can.
The biggest part of PTR testing is ensuring the drop rates are correct, and there is not some hidden issues.

I'm sorry but this basically feels like a hit in the face again. Community is willing to test for you guys and you let us literally waste time on the PTR? I don't think this is fair and this time I won't play the PTR then...

No offense, tho. Thanks for your answer.

And I'm not sure why this would affect testing on drop rates. I mean, they are fixed since patch 2.1. The new sets have all the same drop rates like existing sets. This does not make a lot of sense to me!

the likelihood that after PTR the patch goes live.. and that within a month players will be complaining about drop rates is high..

it'll happen. Then we'll see a small incremental buff.. sorry if this is negative but it'll happen. So the difference of measuring drop rate in PTR doesn't makes sense to me.. esp since it's a smaller sample of players and shorter duration of time. I'm saying you will adjust it anyhow so what's the diff?

I think testing the items more thoroughly by having more players able to access the items outweighs this drop rate data you claim is good to have.

Overall the game would benefit alot further from catching bugs with items which will inevitably come.
It's WAAAAY more important that you guys implement good, working Set items when 2.1.2 instead of testing the minor changes of drop rates on the PTR.

I mean, look at Roland's Legacy.
11/11/2014 02:55 PMPosted by WalkinTall
It's WAAAAY more important that you guys implement good, working Set items when 2.1.2 instead of testing the minor changes of drop rates on the PTR.

Lol. I found my full Akkhan's set before I found 2 pieces of Roland's. It can't be a drop rate problem because by their order of operations, they test for drop rate first, item quality later.
11/11/2014 03:01 PMPosted by DarkMatter
11/11/2014 02:55 PMPosted by WalkinTall

Lol. I found my full Akkhan's set before I found 2 pieces of Roland's. It can't be a drop rate problem because by their order of operations, they test for drop rate first, item quality later.

Dude, you didn't understand my post.

I mentioned Rolands Set because it was on PTR 2.1 to test. But it wasn't really tested since many people refused to farm a 6pc Set. That's why it's still horrible.
I don't want this to happen again.
I understood your post, all I was trying to say is that I find it humorous that not only is the set bad, but in my particular case, it didn't drop before a full set of Akkhan's did, which is still the sought-after set for Crusaders.
Just because you sell the items at a vendor, why would you not still get a feeling for droprates? Doesn't matter if people feel they are rare, just pull up the numbers and see how many dropped. Testing the new items and sets should be more important, as those are things that can be game breaking and need to be identified and fixed early in the process. Adjusting droprates can be done easily after things go live. I just don't see the logic here.
11/11/2014 02:40 PMPosted by DarkMatter

Exactly. 'Drop rates' is not the first time it's been discussed. How about frying some other bigger fish instead of drop rates.
Maybe instead of creating a new vendor just make gambling cost 0 shards in the PTR. They did something like that in D2 testing where you could type for gold and gamble gheed. Not the most ideal solution, but probably easier and quicker to implement.
The community comes up with another solid idea only to be tossed aside because it makes sense.