PS4 D3 Voice chat

Console Discussion
Is there a config to improve chat sound?

I was playing last night with a friend. He was using Pulse headset mic, I was using PS4 cam's.

Neither of us could listen well... bot of us tried to turn down in game volume and it helped just a little bit.

What's the optimal sound config for D3 chat?
Basically, if you have ANY game audio coming through the headset or headpiece you WILL NOT be able to hear other people well especially when you're attacking mobs. I own the PS Wireless Gold Headset and I've messed around with chat audio/sound volume and even game audio and cannot find a happy medium. Now I just push chat audio only through the headset (which is a shame) and turn the volume down lower on the TV. It's super frustrating.
Depends on the headset really. I have one that works fine with D3 (pulse wireless), but with my wired headset I have to lower in-game volume down to 30% and turn up headset volume
I prefer using the PS4 party chat over the in-game chat.
In the settings you can adjust the 'mix' between chat and game audio (my slider is all the way over to the 'chat' side).
then, in game, I just use the sounds options to adjust the overall sound volume.
I find the chat audio quality better... and you can keep comms going if someone wants to drop out for a minute to change characters.
Since using the party chat I never use the in-game chat anymore.
I recently started playing diablo 3 on ps4. While I can chat with my friend with help of playstation party feature I can't chat with strangers, and it would be too troublesome to invite them as friends and then create a chat party. There seems to be no ingame voice chat available. There's no options, no icons whatsoever, and I never heard anything but game sounds and played with a lot of random people. Anyone can help?
11/07/2014 07:19 AMPosted by Pubknight

In the settings you can adjust the 'mix' between chat and game audio (my slider is all the way over to the 'chat' side).

WHERE TF IS THAT SLIDER @?
I know there's a way to prioritize chat audio. But I never knew one could adjust the mix manually.
12/28/2015 07:23 PMPosted by Matt
I recently started playing diablo 3 on ps4. While I can chat with my friend with help of playstation party feature I can't chat with strangers, and it would be too troublesome to invite them as friends and then create a chat party. There seems to be no ingame voice chat available. There's no options, no icons whatsoever, and I never heard anything but game sounds and played with a lot of random people. Anyone can help?

There are no options for in-game voice chat because it's always on/enabled by default. Even if you join into a party chat on PS, you still have the option to "convert" over to game chat and be in party chat at the same time.

But, there are no level adjustments (that i've found) in the in-game voice chat. You will see a speaker icon "light up" next to the person chatting if they're using the in-game chat option. Even if you're in party chat, you will still see the icon flash up when they speak in-game.

There are pro's and con's to each, i prefer party chat myself because you can switch characters and not lose voice chat with the people you're playing with.