Clans still need

General Discussion
The ability to see how long a clan member has been offline so we can "refresh" our clans.

Amateur hour?
No clan officers care?
we care. Blizz doesn't care, can't fight that.
This just seems so standard.
oh but we're trolls. and we know NOTHING about game design....we're just a bunch of 10 year old gimps who make girlfriends out of cardboard... all 15 million players....however many remain...

oh but yea....its millions upon millions just ignoring the forum. i forgot...

and games always bleed players like an unnattended garden hose bleeds water...I forgot that too...

OH and programming games is real hard work....etc.
I'm hoping with the new UI changes coming they will re work the clan interface and add some more options. I wont hold my breath though.
We've voiced concern since the feature's release and pressed them for change. Not one developer has stated that any change is coming for this. Blue's are non-existent here since they literally know nothing about what development is doing and generally only post on uninformative threads.

It's a let down, yet here we are trying to carry this game as far as we can because we want it to be more than what it currently is. At least we care - right?
The ability to see how long a clan member has been offline is coming in the PTR for patch 2.1.2, along with the ability to sort clan members by offline duration (as well as some other social improvements). Keep an eye on the upcoming notes for patch 2.1.2, and let us know what you think of these new features on the PTR!
11/11/2014 05:21 PMPosted by Tyvalir
The ability to see how long a clan member has been offline is coming in the PTR for patch 2.1.2, along with the ability to sort clan members by offline duration (as well as some other social improvements). Keep an eye on the upcoming notes for patch 2.1.2, and let us know what you think of these new features on the PTR!

Finally, I have been needing this for a while now...
can you also make it so that we can pass our leadership to active members if the clan leader stopped playing the game for very, very long time too?
No.
yeap. give a "vote of no confidence election"

same with communities.

eg:

any member > 30 days old can call for a vote of no confidence election once per 6 months to take over a community as long as the clan or community is abandoned (ie: owner does not log in at least once per 14 days)

no more than 1 vote of no confidence can be called per month for the entire community.

a membership vote will take place the next time a clan/community member logs on.
votes are tallied in 48 hours.

ownership is then transferred.

---
or alternatively. any community with the owner abandoning it will have its name changed automatically

eg: Johnsmith#1234 created the nice naming community Powerleveling , he abandoned the community and has not logged in for a month. the community is then renamed automagically to powerleveling_0001 , JamesSmith#1235 was waiting for this to happen and creates the new community named Powerleveling

people in powerleveling_0001 decides to abandon that terrible name and join the new community.
yey
The game still needs a general chat, the system that is in place now does not get any team building going nor real chat. I feel like I am the only one left playing D3 because the chat is so terrible. PLEASE PLEASE bring back some sort of version of the D2 Bnet chat system, I loved seeing all the characters at the bottom and made me really feel like I was part of a bigger multiplayer game. There has been these characters added to clan pages but a big public meet up place could do wonders for the game.
11/11/2014 05:21 PMPosted by Tyvalir

This seems handy, thanks. It'll be easy to beat a system like this by just logging in every so often to keep your profile alive without actually playing, so something like "kill count in the last 30 days" would be a lot more reliable. I've been planning to grab those kill count stats using the API and track a history externally, but it would be great if that was supported in-game. (wishful thinking)

It'll still be useful for catching people who haven't even bothered to log in to update their profile, we'll just need to take a closer look at people who make the first cut to see if anyone's just been playing that keepalive game.

One way to do it without needing a table for it is to just add a counter for "kills this month" (combining regular, HC, season and season HC), and then maybe a "kills in previous month" counter which that rolls over to at month end. Should be quite a bit faster and easier on storage than trying to maintain a history table and querying that to get a 30 day kill count.
Clan join date would be nice aswell.
11/09/2014 08:16 AMPosted by SuperduperJW
No clan officers care?
11/11/2014 05:29 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
can you also make it so that we can pass our leadership to active members if the clan leader stopped playing the game for very, very long time too?

11/11/2014 08:02 PMPosted by chrisloup
yeap. give a "vote of no confidence election"

11/12/2014 06:45 AMPosted by Episode
Clan join date would be nice aswell.

Good ideas. I'll pass them along to the team. Thanks, guys!
I only made this request about 7 times about year go thanks for responding now Tyvalir