Why did you stop playing D3?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
cause i beat it already (got approximately the best gear on Monk for current patch solo play - can only get something like 10-20% more damage with insane rolls)
GRs are unrewarding. I like being able to just kill monsters without picking up loot and whatnot but once you pop the GR piñata, you rarely get any loot.

I like T6 but half the rifts I get are empty rat races which are boring.

I hate the Blood Shard system.
11/10/2014 08:55 AMPosted by BobWitchDR
Just waiting for season 2. Although, after the Blizzcon disappointment (pylons staying in GRifts, trials not being removed), I don't know how excited I am for Season 2.

Pylons are not the issue. Rankings, jealousy and envy are!
The problem is, what should actually be good, is that Blizzard only follows their own way. As we saw at Blizzcon, they don't give a frick of what the people want that are actually playing the game. It's cool that they're following their own way, but players of Diablo want fast progression that does not go along with their current development. We want obvious and fast changes now. But we get them when we considee them as too late.
Between watching the guy on crack, or the other one that looked like he was about to pull a shotgun on the crowd... The responses were monotone and inconclusive.(no help what so ever...like the staff didn't know what the game is REALLY all about).

Frankly, that was reason enough for me to regret giving those guys any money at all !
Expansion or not, this guy isn't buying into it, so it better be free after this mess.
I didn't stop playing just rarely playing anymore. Basically the whole game comes down to 1 dimensional way of playing.

Get the class set items then farm for Furnace. If you are not finding the Furnace, you are screwed and be tiered 2 player, probably stuck at Grift 33. You can still do T6 but still the fun just not there and you still be doing the same thing over and over. But D3 is still more fun than Solitaire though. When I am bored, I will hop on and do a T6 rift.

I missed AH .. I think getting rid of AH killed my interests on this game faster.
Every diablo game before d3 I could do something else if I got bored of item grinding.

In d3 if I don't want to grind items, I log off.

1 dimensional game with no depth.
1) Started getting my slot machine fill from a different game.

2) Ancient Legendaries. Not gonna farm anymore until they come out.
1. Not enough room for items.
2. Not enough room for chars.
3. Not enough build diversity.
4. The most unenjoyable mode (GR) is the only mode.
5. The game is about killing the most trashes, and killing only trashes is boring (no Malthael, no Butcher, etc).
Please, for the love of god, if you stopped playing D3 then stop visiting the forums.
11/10/2014 02:53 PMPosted by Slayer
Please, for the love of god, if you stopped playing D3 then stop visiting the forums.

dont you know this is the endgame for D3/ROS

because the game is lacking in to many ways to count so ill just name an few
1. lack of depth to game play
2. broken DRM "gos over to free offline Ver of D3 an start playing"
3. should never have been named diablo3 more like something along the lines of rainbow unicorn hunter or grind tell your eyes bleed
4. the Items in this game suck. an they have no idea how to fix them
5.D3 won an MMO reworded need i say more
6. this game is bobby kotick's toilet paper

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I plan on selling games like toilet paper" -Bobby Kotick acta-bliz CEO
D3 was fine when were younger
-DearRu 02/18/2014 02:01 PM
It's unbelievable how many whiny babies are on this forum. JUST QUIT THE GAME ALREADY. STOP PRETENDING YOU QUIT AND JUST QUIT.
The game is pointless to the point that it actually feels pointless.

Other games do a pretty good job of distracting you from the fact that you are playing a game, you sort of just play most games and wander off into the game world and there is a feeling of some kind of reward.

When you load up diablo III, it feels like you are just turning a handle on a Jack-In-the-Box, but it takes like 9 Billion turns to actually see anything happen (which is boring as hell).

This explains the botters, its like taking a power drill to the jack in the box and leaving that !@#$ on spinning 9999 hours.
Then you come back and see items in ur bag and then you never login again.

The items have no use, other than getting more items.
You can't play with enough people at one time to make the game meaningful and enjoyable, four player cap on the game SUCKS BIG TIME and everyone said it sucked FROM THE BEGINNING.

There is nothing to really DO AS A GROUP, there is no "group content" everything is soloable/bottable/ and even when you "get all the crap you want", there is no reason to keep playing.

The pvp sucks/is non-existent.

The fact that you can't even play campaign with another living soul because NO ONE plays story mode . . . because there aren't enough players online anymore to even find people to play with is another reason this game is essentially dead....

If you banned all the botters the player count would drop to like less than 500 people online per region.

There are no MODS to this game, if there were mods and players were allowed to edit content and put up their own game servers with different rule sets . . . . the game would have more longevity....

IE: A Mod-server with 8 Player Cap, 10x Mob Density would probably cause the blizzard servers to empty over-night.

This game is just "lame".... there is nothing special about diablo III it has no selling point other than the "Diablo III" title for the most part.

No Build Diversity
Boring Item Stats (wow lets all stack 2 Stats, thats fun!!!/not)

Also. . . everyone knows this game isn't going to be touched in terms of development for another year + .... if they were ever going to pull a Rabbit out of a hat to make DIII fun and worth playing . . . . it would of happened already.

This game has a maximum level of fun that they are allowed to develop into it, because they can not threaten drawing users away from WoW.... so the amount of fun they can code into Diablo III is hard-capped as a design decision for sure. . . . its not that they couldn't make DIII awesome, its that there is just no reason for them to from a corporate standpoint....

Atleast thats how I see it.

A nice hack and slash game would of been great, but we got stuck with this instead, pretty disappointed honestly, out of 7 of us that bought this game, no one plays anymore.... and we all just started WoW just to raid...

I think removing trade completely was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for DIII, doing that essentially just destroyed the PC version of the game, the only people that still really play are playing on Console where they can Mod Items and stuff and actually have some fun . . .

They said from the onset of Diablo III's development that they wanted players to "have fun and feel like they are breaking the game by being overpowered", but in reality, the only one that ever got to "break the game" is Blizzard.
11/10/2014 03:00 PMPosted by Sphyxiate
The game is pointless to the point that it actually feels pointless.

Other games do a pretty good job of distracting you from the fact that you are playing a game, you sort of just play most games and wander off into the game world and there is a feeling of some kind of reward.

When you load up diablo III, it feels like you are just turning a handle on a Jack-In-the-Box, but it takes like 9 Billion turns to actually see anything happen (which is boring as hell).

This explains the botters, its like taking a power drill to the jack in the box and leaving that !@#$ on spinning 9999 hours.
Then you come back and see items in ur bag and then you never login again.

The items have no use, other than getting more items.
You can't play with enough people at one time to make the game meaningful and enjoyable, four player cap on the game SUCKS BIG TIME and everyone said it sucked FROM THE BEGINNING.

There is nothing to really DO AS A GROUP, there is no "group content" everything is soloable/bottable/ and even when you "get all the crap you want", there is no reason to keep playing.

The pvp sucks/is non-existent.

The fact that you can't even play campaign with another living soul because NO ONE plays story mode . . . because there aren't enough players online anymore to even find people to play with is another reason this game is essentially dead....

If you banned all the botters the player count would drop to like less than 500 people online per region.

There are no MODS to this game, if there were mods and players were allowed to edit content and put up their own game servers with different rule sets . . . . the game would have more longevity....

IE: A Mod-server with 8 Player Cap, 10x Mob Density would probably cause the blizzard servers to empty over-night.

This game is just "lame".... there is nothing special about diablo III it has no selling point other than the "Diablo III" title for the most part.

No Build Diversity
Boring Item Stats (wow lets all stack 2 Stats, thats fun!!!/not)

Also. . . everyone knows this game isn't going to be touched in terms of development for another year + .... if they were ever going to pull a Rabbit out of a hat to make DIII fun and worth playing . . . . it would of happened already.

This game has a maximum level of fun that they are allowed to develop into it, because they can not threaten drawing users away from WoW.... so the amount of fun they can code into Diablo III is hard-capped as a design decision for sure. . . . its not that they couldn't make DIII awesome, its that there is just no reason for them to from a corporate standpoint....

Atleast thats how I see it.

A nice hack and slash game would of been great, but we got stuck with this instead, pretty disappointed honestly, out of 7 of us that bought this game, no one plays anymore.... and we all just started WoW just to raid...

I think removing trade completely was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for DIII, doing that essentially just destroyed the PC version of the game, the only people that still really play are playing on Console where they can Mod Items and stuff and actually have some fun . . .

They said from the onset of Diablo III's development that they wanted players to "have fun and feel like they are breaking the game by being overpowered", but in reality, the only one that ever got to "break the game" is Blizzard.

+1 well said, in particular the part about being very aware there's no point to the game where other games at least provide you with enough entertainment to distract you from that fact. when I used to play D3, i'd constantly be thinking to myself "why am i farming these items?"
11/10/2014 02:53 PMPosted by Slayer

Why would I? The forums are far more entertaining than the game. I paid 60€ for this trainwreck and included was the right to post on this forum. And you have actually zero right to tell me to sod off. So if you have a problem with that follow your own advice and go away.
The people in this post with one character or less than 1k elite kills amuse me.Or the others that are last updated a few days ago.Why spend your time in the forums of a game that you may not enjoy?Oh wait I know you are sticking around to see if anything has gotten better.Gimme a break.If you don't like the food you may have gotten from a restaurant,do you park outside that establishment everyday?Just move on already.....
11/10/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Dedmnwlkn
The people in this post with one character or less than 1k elite kills amuse me.Or the others that are last updated a few days ago.Why spend your time in the forums of a game that you may not enjoy?Oh wait I know you are sticking around to see if anything has gotten better.Gimme a break.If you don't like the food you may have gotten from a restaurant,do you park outside that establishment everyday?Just move on already.....

Its more like there are only 4 restaurants, and you are sick of eating at the same three every day , day after day and you want that fourth restaurant to get its freaking act together.

And you go inside and ask the chef to make something, and they tell you that they can't make it... and then the people eating there (some kind of deformed creatures with no taste buds) curse you out for asking for something thats not normally on the menu, at which point you go back to eating at the other three restaurants on the block till you get sick of them again and stop by to see if that forth restaurant and its customers have come to their senses yet.

No matter how bad a restaurant is, there will always be a small minority of potential patrons that always eat there because they are used to the food there (even if its not particularly good even by their standards).

The real majority are the people eating at the other 3 restaurants, who continually stop by to see if anything changed at that horrible restaurant down the block.
6) dev dont fix whats is wrong, just nerf/remove what is fun, add what is useless
the mystic
11/10/2014 03:19 PMPosted by Sphyxiate
The real majority are the people eating at the other 3 restaurants, who continually stop by to see if anything changed at that horrible restaurant down the block.

Well last I heard there was like 1k + restaurants available.Granted they won't all be good,but there is a variety available.