Why did you stop playing D3?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
none of you quit playing D3 because you are all here and every profile i have looked at on this thread has either been logged in today before maintenance closing the server or in the last few days.

this isn't the i quit because thread, this is the i quit(but really still play shh) because i think its cool to bash the game thread.
11/11/2014 06:17 AMPosted by Canadatwo
none of you quit playing D3 because you are all here and every profile i have looked at on this thread has either been logged in today before maintenance closing the server or in the last few days.

this isn't the i quit because thread, this is the i quit(but really still play shh) because i think its cool to bash the game thread.

You can check my profile and say that again.
The game is boring, plain and simple. No end game, no pvp, no reason to play.

I quit playing this game every time a PoE league starts. After Rampage ended I decided to level a crusader, and my friend got me to start a seasonal wizard.

But the reason that I "quit" and will quit again in a few weeks is because PoE is better.
Why I go months without playing? One word summary: Boring. I play video games for fun and D3 has turned into work. It takes a lot of repetitive, time-consuming effort to get any kind of "rewards," and the rewards are too often the same useless crap. I'm just not interested in that kind of play. If I wanted to play something like that, I'd play Candy Crush.
Some of the other issues I've seen are not that big a deal to me. I'm not concerned with "customization" of my character beyond equipment and stats/skills. I am, however, unhappy with exactly those areas and the lack of ability to control them. You can't target the equipment you want - I have yet to get a single legendary item off Kadala since the 2.1 patch, so I cry BS on the "higher chance" thing that supposedly came with the patch. You can't buy recipes or even decent items - what's the point in all the gold if we can't use it to buy good stuff?
Skills are limited and you can't customize your basic stats at all. Paragon gives some stat control, but only some.
And, seriously, the most frustrating part right now is the monsters. We, the players, are limited to a maximum of 6 skills. AND YET, I've run into monster packs that are using 8-10 or more different magical skills between bosses and minions, plus physical attacks. As a mostly solo player, this kind of thing just builds frustration and resentment and I don't want to play a game that gives me that. I want fun. Pure and simple. I play to have fun. D3 isn't fun anymore.
11/11/2014 07:47 AMPosted by Faiz
You can check my profile and say that again.

He's just begging for attention. He'll just keep coming back if you talk to/about him.

Personally, I couldn't stand the fact that they gutted the game. It was already simplistic. They took out the difficulty, the AH, and trading and added rifts, which was overall a minor improvement from playing the storyline over and over again and suffering through the insulting dialogue.

We're still waiting on PvP, which unfortunately isn't going to happen since I'm sure they were working on D3 PvP when they decided it could be a game by itself, thus, Heroes of the Storm was born. Yes, that's speculation, but I find it overtly coincidental that a nearly-complete PvP game appeared out of nowhere at around the time we didn't get PvP in D3.

What really happened is that Blizzard was so stuck on the Warcraft universe that they completely underestimated Blizzard North's Diablo franchise. Yes, it took a long time to develop, but what we were given was basically a re-skinned Bejeweled. Click the gems and watch them "kaboom." Click the demons and watch them fall over... by the thousands!

As a huge fan of D1 and D2, I say that the Diablo franchise is irrecoverably dead. Of course, feel free to disagree, but the level of disappointment I feel in this game is... I can't even find a viable analogy for it. I'll let evil Hercules say it for me in that episode where he misread his lines and actually spoke what he was supposed to "feel": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9gC1GiSDDA
Two reasons,

1) The ONLY difference between difficulties is the health and damage numbers, and not monster variety or different fight mechanisms. Going to higher difficulties does not feel like an accomplishment.

2) Items are account bond. I once try to bring a friend back in to play, but he quit soon afterwards because I basically one shot T6 mobs, while he spends about 10 mins trying to kill and survive against one white mob. He would have sticked, should I have provided him with sufficient gear to be compatible with my level.

There is a difference between logging in periodically to check if anything has changed and playing. People need to grasp that concept instead of trying to win on pedantry.

As far as them still being on the forums. That's hardly playing is it?

Reason I rarely play anymore.

No End Game
No Directable loot
I haven't played D3 in a couple of months. But I still like the game. I'll buy whatever the next expansion is. I may come back and play if something new comes out in a patch that I think sounds interesting. I "quit" because other things became more important. Because I got done with those things I wanted to put forth the effort to do.

I'll be back.
Added a Third opinion to my original post.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

ohh he's muling, sorry english is not my first language, what is he even muling? god all you guys are wearing garbage
If I knew you'd inspect, I'd equip all my Furnaces, WH, Xephirians, Star of Az etc. Maybe next time when you manage to craft Flawless Royal or at least Royal Diamond for 332 PL WD. Nice weapon and yellow ammy, though.

11/10/2014 08:39 PMPosted by evok
11/10/2014 06:58 PMPosted by bry
ohh he's muling, sorry english is not my first language, what is he even muling? god all you guys are wearing garbage

Just Hilarious! You folks need to check this guys profile....and he says others are wearing garbage! LOL!

you're looking at the WD in my non-season retard, i dont even play non-season anymore, if you happen to check my wiz, maybe your jaw will drop coz you wont even come close

maybe you want to see my mule DH too
Sick of rng, after almost 600 paragon and more than 100 in season still the most important items have not dropped for me. So !@#$ this %^-*.
    THe lack of balance

The broken trial system for soloplayers, unable to have some lvl 36+ key
11/12/2014 10:41 PMPosted by bry

you're looking at the WD in my non-season retard, i dont even play non-season anymore, if you happen to check my wiz, maybe your jaw will drop coz you wont even come close

maybe you want to see my mule DH too

You couldn't craft royal in 332 PLs, moron. My jaw dropped when I read your idiotic comments, right before you admitted that you are muling.

You play two classes, tard, already muling and saying that stash space is ok.
If you have not already proved, without any doubt, that you are severely mentally challenged, I would think you are trolling.
GB2 your hugbox. K, thanks.
D3 is a very good game but there are other good games that I want to play too and I only have so much time.
1. Lack of build diversity. Blizzard dictates how each class should be built and played. More sets don't = more options. Retarded. Everyone has the same build with same items, playing the same way over and over gets dry and repetitive extremely fast. Blizzard doesn't get it.

2. Spent close to 1000 hours of hunting an end game weapon and never see one, when some spent less than 100 hours having multiple of the same end game weapon is just stupid. Sucks the fun out of it and sucks the life out of you.

3. Recycled contents.

4. Bad latency issues and some weird bugs. Massive command delays - sometimes TP doesn't cast and character just stands there; or TP will cast 2~3 seconds later; or Wormhole casts twice even though I only clicked once...etc. Too many to list.
11/13/2014 06:38 AMPosted by Crimsonite
1. Lack of build diversity. Blizzard dictates how each class should be built and played. More sets don't = more options. Retarded. Everyone has the same build with same items, playing the same way over and over gets dry and repetitive extremely fast. Blizzard doesn't get it.

2. Spent close to 1000 hours of hunting an end game weapon and never see one, when some spent less than 100 hours having multiple of the same end game weapon is just stupid. Sucks the fun out of it and sucks the life out of you.

3. Recycled contents.

4. Bad latency issues and some weird bugs. Massive command delays - sometimes TP doesn't cast and character just stands there; or TP will cast 2~3 seconds later; or Wormhole casts twice even though I only clicked once...etc. Too many to list.

Last played, Nov 12th.
11/11/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Bratag
There is a difference between logging in periodically to check if anything has changed and playing. People need to grasp that concept instead of trying to win on pedantry.

That's what they all say. Frankly, it's getting to be a tired excuse for cynical, hypocritical behavior on the forums.

Hint; Nobody believes you.
11/11/2014 08:26 AMPosted by Rettmom
Why I go months without playing? One word summary: Boring.

Last played, Nov 12th

Not quite boring enough, aye?
unbalanced drops. some people get all the rewards others get 0!!!! after a year playing and still no top items im done. the fun is upgrading gear (which hasnt happened in over 100 levels on seasonal and 300 levels on non) well im done wasting time on this game. oh 1 more thing, whats the point of skills you cant use because you NEVER have enough resource to use it?