leg workshop : feedback pls ?

Items and Crafting
"Mace of Meh"
I really like this idea, adds an extra gameplay variable and would allow for multi-elemental builds which aren't very viable currently. You all understand that you wouldn't take a loss on using a skill of the non-current element right? You would just get a huge buff if you did decide to use the currently buffed element. I will definitely be trying this out on my Wizard.
11/11/2014 12:48 PMPosted by Tyvalir
11/10/2014 12:48 AMPosted by vicious
Can we have some feedback about the legendary worshop?

Hey there, vicious. The dev team reviewed the ideas submitted prior to the Legendary Workshop, and picked the best ones to jam on with our guest designers during the panel. In the end, they chose an item that buffs different Elemental damage types in a set rotation. You can find out more about the panel in our recent [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16646432/blizzcon-legendary-workshop-power-revealed-11-8-2014"]blog post[/url].

Why not add Legendary Workshop as a feature on Diablo III so the players can send their ideas right to you? I think that'd be pretty darn cool. What do you think?
so tals build with staff o meteors.......0 wait. thats stupid
this item is generally going to be trash. unless it somehow adds like a rotating 100%-400% elemental damage or

eg: assuming you are a tal rasha meteor user that uses a skill set of

magic missile: conflagarate (fire)
frost nova : cold
blackhole: event horizon (arcane)
wicked wind: stormchaser (lightning)
slowtime
teleport:

at anypoint the bonus elemental damage moves away from (fire or lightning). you literally suffer a massive dps loss, so in otherwords, the bonus damage needs to account for that. (in otherwords. a 100% elemental increase on a rotation is actually anywhere from 0% to 100% bonus depending on the elmenetal makeup of your skill set).
Rotating a damage boost by simply granting a cycling +eledmg % for a given time seems... pointless. First you need a monitor icon to be able to actually see which element is boosted at the moment, and next is you need to take care of that to cast the proper skills at the right time. It's a matter of how long the interval for a certain element is and how strong the buff is.

I proposed a multi-element item myself but mine would have done the job in a way that was not limiting you in terms of skill/items to use - the bonus on my item would have added multiple portions of base weapon damage derived from to all your different eledmg%.

Well, I want to see the actual item before starting to whine/complain about it, but honestly... for the time being this idea does not look very appealing to me (and I actually use TAL set).
1 That’s it? A single item from over 30 pages of suggestion? Only 1 item caught your eye, really? Or are you saying that your item creation department can`t handle making more than a single item? Come on, seriously, I was expecting at least a half a dozen ideas, with at least 1 item per class and some generic all class item.
11/12/2014 06:58 AMPosted by MasterSpark
Only 1 item caught your eye, really?

Several items from the Legendary Workshop caught our eye, actually. Even though only one made the cut (because of how the workshop was designed), we realize the process used to pick the Legendary power wasn't as transparent as it could be.

In the near future, we'll be exploring the Legendary power ideas submitted by the community, talking about which concepts were viable and which weren't (and why), and detailing how we chose the power we did. We'll also share a few ideas submitted by the community that you might see in the game in the future!

Stay tuned for more details!
Set workshop..
11/12/2014 03:08 PMPosted by Tyvalir

Several items from the Legendary Workshop caught our eye, actually. Even though only one made the cut (because of how the workshop was designed), we realize the process used to pick the Legendary power wasn't as transparent as it could be.

In the near future, we'll be exploring the Legendary power ideas submitted by the community, talking about which concepts were viable and which weren't (and why), and detailing how we chose the power we did. We'll also share a few ideas submitted by the community that you might see in the game in the future!

Not to hijack a topic, but I hope this one was at least looked at:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15142314896
The one You chose is the Safest, Boring one listed. I don't understand your guys logic sometimes. Its like you don't play past T1 or something. And this isn't like trying to be an !@# but the safest doesn't always equal the best and you guys play it safe.

Best Idea hands down was the get another classes power. The unique Character thing was fine at launch now it just seems like laziness to me. Do you really think anyone cares if I can whirlwind a second, Or blink a sec. .... Oh noes he can do it to im going to quit.... That wouldn't happen.

I suppose it's my fault I set my expectations far too high. 31 pages worth of suggestion, hundreds of ideas if not thousands, and only 1 idea was chosen to be turned into an item. With the amount of buzz you stirred with the workshop, and the incredible response within 24 hours, I'm saddened and greatly disappointed only 1 thing would come of it.

To address my greatest concern I suppose, was that I expected far more than a single idea to be accepted. With a PTR scheduled ahead, It felt like it would be a good opportunity to grab a handful of legendary affix suggestions for each class, make an item with a generic name/flavor text/graphic and toss the whole lot into the PTR and let players decide for themselves what they would like to see implemented into the game based on their experiences with the item where they can test out a variety of builds and experiment with everything.

This is what he responds to. Not the fact that the only affix they chose will have a high probability of not even coming close to being just t6 viable.

submitted by the community, talking about which concepts were viable and which weren't (and why)

Yes, because you guys TOTALLY did a great job picking an idea that's viable. Stay tuned for more of "how Blizzard likes to choose ideas that are cool but don't quite do anything useful"!

Why don't you guys just cave and bring rainbow facets back into the game or something? At least that'd be something I'd get excited about.
what if it would be like this:

-give in-game feature which will let you create your own set with RNG stats as set bonuses ?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

This is what he responds to. Not the fact that the only affix they chose will have a high probability of not even coming close to being just t6 viable.

submitted by the community, talking about which concepts were viable and which weren't (and why)

Yes, because you guys TOTALLY did a great job picking an idea that's viable. Stay tuned for more of "how Blizzard likes to choose ideas that are cool but don't quite do anything useful"!

Why don't you guys just cave and bring rainbow facets back into the game or something? At least that'd be something I'd get excited about.
yeah!yeah!yeah!
Check out my legendary worshop feedback post. Leave some idea here too.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15141305333