"We learned a lot from the first season"

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
11/14/2014 08:01 AMPosted by Phobos
You could just make the Rift Guardian immune to the conduit pylon,

What he said!
11/14/2014 06:43 AMPosted by Didley
There is nearly 100% consensus

There is never, ever a "nearly 100% consensus". Not in one thing on Earth. That's just not how people work, so stop exaggerating. It doesn't make your argument any more valid. (It does quite the opposite, I might add.)
Meh I thought Greater Rifts were about testing the player's power...not the players ability to search for pylons.

There are many "exciting things" that were left out of greater rifts...including Loot. It makes sense to leave it out because killing efficiently should be prioritized above getting loot.

If you can remove the "excitement" of loot from greater rifts, why can't you remove the excitement of Pylons.

Put pylons all over regular rifts...but putting them into greater rifts doesn't do anything and is counter-productive to the philosophy of GRifts being used to test a player's power.

The philosophy of GRifts and decision to buff pylons seems to be inconsistent.
This isn't Mario Brothers. We don't need Flower Power-ups.

Take ALL of this crap out of the game, and that includes Nephalem Globes. It's all very silly, anywhere in Sanctuary, but most notably in the GR's.

This isn't an arcade game.
11/13/2014 03:31 PMPosted by Tyvalir

Rather than remove them outright (which would remove some of the fun in Greater Rifts), we'll instead be making several changes to bring the different types of pylons more into alignment. The changes we currently have planned include buffing Shield, Power, Speed, and Channeling pylons so that each type feels equally meaningful (or at least comparable) to Conduit pylons as well as balancing out their distribution so that you’re finding pylons more consistently.

Of course, these changes will be available for testing on the 2.1.2 PTR, so we'll be listening closely to your feedback on how the new/improved pylons feel in practice.

I'm sorry, but what? How on earth do you hope to balance a conduit one shotting a rift guardian, that can take 3-6 minutes to kill?

Here's what you NEED to do: Make RGs immune to conduit. Keep them in the Rift; that's okay. It's the fact they work on RGs that break the game.

Revamp speed pylon. your fixes on the PTR are a bad joke. Make it increase the rate of progress gained from slain monsters, plus movement speed. That's what you need to do here. Remove the knockback effect. That's just annoying for everyone.
11/14/2014 08:03 AMPosted by Phobos
11/14/2014 06:43 AMPosted by Didley
There is nearly 100% consensus

There is never, ever a "nearly 100% consensus". Not in one thing on Earth. That's just not how people work, so stop exaggerating. It doesn't make your argument any more valid. (It does quite the opposite, I might add.)

Show me one person that likes conduits in Greater Rifts and tell me what their viewpoint is. I have not seen a single one.
11/14/2014 10:32 AMPosted by Didley
11/14/2014 08:03 AMPosted by Phobos

Show me one person that likes conduits in Greater Rifts and tell me what their viewpoint is. I have not seen a single one.

I like conduits in greater rifts because they spare me from a 20 minute rift guardian fight.
Pylons are meant to give you a surge of power and can (in most circumstances) add an additional layer of excitement to Greater Rifts. We love the variety they provide, but agree that their current implementation missed the mark and can have a negative impact on your Greater Rift experience, especially at the top end.

Rather than remove them outright (which would remove some of the fun in Greater Rifts), we'll instead be making several changes to bring the different types of pylons more into alignment. The changes we currently have planned include buffing Shield, Power, Speed, and Channeling pylons so that each type feels equally meaningful (or at least comparable) to Conduit pylons as well as balancing out their distribution so that you’re finding pylons more consistently.

Of course, these changes will be available for testing on the 2.1.2 PTR, so we'll be listening closely to your feedback on how the new/improved pylons feel in practice. Hands on experience will provide a lot of context to the posts we’re seeing right now, so please take some time if you can and let know how these changes work out!

tldr; Blizzard (not the community) thinks pylons = fun.

Tell me more.
Yeah, seriously, pretty much the entirety of your player base is telling you we want pylons removed from greater rifts. No, they don't add "fun" to greater rifts, sorry. Whoever is pushing that line of garbage within Blizzard is just plain wrong.

When will you guys understand that RNG is not fun in every single fracking possible thing you can put it in? Are you so set on having RNG in every single miniscule little aspect of this game you can't see where it is bad?
Pylons are meant to give you a surge of power and can (in most circumstances) add an additional layer of excitement to Greater Rifts. We love the variety they provide, but agree that their current implementation missed the mark and can have a negative impact on your Greater Rift experience, especially at the top end.

Of course, these changes will be available for testing on the 2.1.2 PTR, so we'll be listening closely to your feedback on how the new/improved pylons feel in practice. Hands on experience will provide a lot of context to the posts we’re seeing right now, so please take some time if you can and let know how these changes work out!

For leader board purposes why not just add "Competitive GRs" that do not have any shrines or pylons? For standard GRs do whatever you feel like doing. On the competitive side things should be kept as level as possible.
In order to avoid interaction with the "You don't speak for everyone" crowd, I voice this as my own, personal opinion: !@#$ Conduit Pylon in GRs and !@#$ Trials.
I think the pylons are fun, however, maybe conduit should be toned down and the others slightly buffed.
Need a new grift/ranking system that scores over say the best 8 out of the last 10 run in "competition". This are the same as "fun" grifts but the times count to your ranking.

Incomplete grifts count as 0 and fixes the fishing problem. 8 out of 10 fixes disconnect complaints or mental farts (I.e. run grift with wrong spec). All players must select the same comp/fun choice and this ensures everyone is of one purpose and should remove "carry" rankings (I.e. i can carry a whole group to 32)

I don't really understand how buffing other pylons will really solve the problem of people requiring them to "gimmick" rift guardian kills.

The issue isn't that conduit is more powerful than the other pylons rather that people feel like they are necessary and farm them tediously. All that balancing pylons will achieve is to make more available to kill a rift guardian with?

I don't really see why this is a fix.
11/13/2014 03:57 PMPosted by whistler

Just like you listened closely to all the ptr feedback from 2.1 that could have avoided most of the problems in the first place?

while I appreciate the blue posting information, I couldn't have said that better myself.

blizz will do what they always do and go by their own philosophy. I seriously don't even know why they bother with a PTR when they wont listen. I certainly wont be wasting my time in this PTR since I wasted my time in the other.
We love the variety they provide

We don't.

but agree that their current implementation missed the mark and can have a negative impact on your Greater Rift experience

Yep, and trying to tune them won't change that.

as well as balancing out their distribution so that you’re finding pylons more consistentl

Oh goody more pylons in greater rifts. Hey, the community wants us to take out pylons in greater rifts, instead how about we buff the bad ones and add more, yeah that's a great idea!

we'll be listening closely to your feedback

If you had been listening closely to our feedback you would have taken pylons out of greater rifts a month ago.

You're missing the point. Keep them in Neph. Rifts and everywhere else, but Grifts are a competition, hence the leader boards. In order for any competition to mean anything, everyone must face the same challenges. Pylons are counterproductive to this.

We can get the thrill of excitement in the FoM or anywhere, for that matter. We want a fair, consistent means of competition in GRifts or the leader boards will continue to show only those who won the Pylon RNG lottery.

Conduit pylons save you 5+ minutes on a guardian kill. You think the others can match that?

Ignorant.
lol I am just going to play the game. I do not think ladder is the end game. we are almost upon a third year of D3. Not a long time. Wait until the 5th year and than see where we are at, IMO.