Instead of just announcing Ancient items, wouldn't it m

General Discussion
ake more sense to set up an automated inflation system?

I think anyone with the slightest notion of game design can recognize that Ancient items don't really change much, they just expand the Skinner box. If we proceed from there with the presumption that expanding a Skinner box without adding real gameplay depth, why not set up a regular system so Blizzard devs don't have to go through the trouble of adjusting numbers manually?

Tier 1: Ancient (released soon); Numbers increase +10%
Tier 2: Relic (released +6 months or so); Numbers increase cumulative +21%
Tier 3: Artifact (released cumulative +12 mo.); Numbers increase cumulative +33%
Tier 4: Nephalem

etc.
etc.
11/12/2014 12:36 PMPosted by Caelum
ake more sense to set up an automated inflation system?

I think anyone with the slightest notion of game design can recognize that Ancient items don't really change much, they just expand the Skinner box. If we proceed from there with the presumption that expanding a Skinner box without adding real gameplay depth, why not set up a regular system so Blizzard devs don't have to go through the trouble of adjusting numbers manually?

Tier 1: Ancient (released soon); Numbers increase +10%
Tier 2: Relic (released +6 months or so); Numbers increase cumulative +21%
Tier 3: Artifact (released cumulative +12 mo.); Numbers increase cumulative +33%
Tier 4: Nephalem

etc.
etc.

Ha, great suggestion! Automated inflation should make it painfully obvious to everyone that a goal of gear perfection is futile. To anyone who's goal is perfect gear it sends the message to GTFO- exactly the message Blizzard wants to convey- just done in a brilliantly overt fashion. Well done!
It'll officially be WoW without that pesky new content to progress through. WOOOOOOOOO. Sorry, I was kinda looking for an ARPG to play like an ARPG. I already pay 15 dollars a months for a treadmill but it comes with content, trade, pvp, social interaction, and a reward system not built on 1,000 layers of RNG.
11/12/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Shurgosa
11/12/2014 01:15 PMPosted by SteLitY

can you repeat this in english? i don't know what you're saying at all.

why? you are to stupid to read and inquire and have a discussion. so..... buh bye...

You are way to FLAVOURFUL for me to understand. BUH BYE