Why is the new set a chest piece......

Demon Hunter
10% Bonus damage to multishot and generators for every point of discipline.

Chests cannot roll discipline, why isn't it a cloak? >.<
Discipline? What's that?

I play a barb.
RORG+NAT CLOAK+NAT SLAYER+ CALAMITY

SOJ,HELLFIRE,WH,MALTHAEL BRACER+ NEW SET FTW
Discipline? What's that?

I play a barb.

word.. with the changes that im sure are in store for M6 everyone of the bandwagoners are going to migrate back to barbs seeing as how they are doing even better than DH now in the right hands haha
You don't know?

The devs don't play DH they play Cooldown Engineer, so they don't use cloaks.

That's the biggest problem with ALL the class set...

Why not make them like the legacy sets made by "Jay's team"

It's most offending for DH, WD, and Wiz when the chest and helm piece cannot roll class resource or special affix.
If the new set involves a standard chest piece versus a cloak I will not be surprised at all. Blizzard lets me down on such a regular basis that they have almost mastered the skill.
omg.. i thought the same thing.. *slow devs i swear~!

btw.. this term "cooldown engineer" is really dumb.. i mean every class has cooldown involved.. if anything sader has more cooldown than even DH..
11/08/2014 06:01 PMPosted by ninZU
omg.. i thought the same thing.. *slow devs i swear~!

btw.. this term "cooldown engineer" is really dumb.. i mean every class has cooldown involved.. if anything sader has more cooldown than even DH..

The CD engineer nick name is actually very apt because engineers don't directly attack, but rather build automatons and what not that take out the enemy. So you see, the moniker is quite accurate.
Nat's cloak it is. :)

They should have made it a cloak though.
11/08/2014 06:01 PMPosted by ninZU

You are correct crusader can't live without CDR... thus I call it Cder.

it's the class made for RoS and made to benefit from CDR the most.

But Demon Hunter are different. We are forced into this park because devs think "we" need CDR to perform well... when we were doing a lot better without it. 2 resources that benefit from RCR are far superior than stacking 2 primary affixes while losing out on others.

I believe I'm the one who started calling them CE when people start piling those M6 threads.
They might as well scrap the chest and make it a 6 piece set with only 5 pieces. Who would ever give up 90-120% more damage >.<

The Devs are unbelievable sometimes, it's always 1 huge step forward and two equal steps back >.<
They might as well scrap the chest and make it a 6 piece set with only 5 pieces. Who would ever give up 90-120% more damage >.<

The Devs are unbelievable sometimes, it's always 1 huge step forward and two equal steps back >.<

That's their lazy way of balancing the game -- give a huge boost up-front but take it down significantly on the back-end.
New set 5
Nats chest, weap + 40
2.0 Soj + 10
Rorg
quiv with disp + 10
Hellfire
Belt optional..

Devs did just fine?
11/09/2014 03:38 AMPosted by Kolonel
New set 5
Nats chest, weap + 40
2.0 Soj + 10
Rorg
quiv with disp + 10
Hellfire
Belt optional..

Devs did just fine?

Lol wut. So what, some numbers doesnt mean that they did fine.
11/09/2014 03:38 AMPosted by Kolonel
New set 5
Nats chest, weap + 40
2.0 Soj + 10
Rorg
quiv with disp + 10
Hellfire
Belt optional..

Devs did just fine?

The point is that they made a set with a bonus based on a class specific item/affix and then made the set not contain that item. You missed what I was trying to say and inadvertently kind of proved my point though, no one will wear the chest piece no matter what. They will always wear a discipline cloak, so they might as well get rid of the chest piece or they could make it a cloak so you could at least consider wearing it
11/09/2014 05:03 AMPosted by Shiro

Numbers = increased disp = increased damage. Using Nat's combo from chest and weap means you can have an extra 40% damage.

11/09/2014 06:49 AMPosted by TastySouP
You missed what I was trying to say

No I didn't, I was just trying to spin a positive on it. Think of it like the current M6 gloves... you wear them until you find a decent taskers. It doesn't mean it's a waste, it's just progression until you find something better.

Likewise with this set, you wear the chest for the set's bonus until you find a good Nats chest.

It's not all doom and gloom :)
11/09/2014 07:05 AMPosted by Kolonel
11/09/2014 05:03 AMPosted by Shiro

Numbers = increased disp = increased damage. Using Nat's combo from chest and weap means you can have an extra 40% damage.

11/09/2014 06:49 AMPosted by TastySouP
You missed what I was trying to say

No I didn't, I was just trying to spin a positive on it. Think of it like the current M6 gloves... you wear them until you find a decent taskers. It doesn't mean it's a waste, it's just progression until you find something better.

Likewise with this set, you wear the chest for the set's bonus until you find a good Nats chest.

It's not all doom and gloom :)

Items that is going to repleace on of your 6pc set parts is not meant to be like 10% increase lol. Quetz, taskers something like that not bloody chest with few points of disc more.
This set is not even finished. They can change the item type at any point they want before live and who's to say they wont change it to a cloak.

In addition so what if you use Nats cloak instead? Your talking about a potential of over 1000% increase to generator and multishot. If you go with arsenal 36,000% damage a shot from the arrows, and 60,000 per rocket if you use ballistics...Pair with spine of seething hatred and use twin chakrams as your generator...In the current iteration the set looks to have massive potential while still using double unity.
11/09/2014 08:42 AMPosted by Vanthere
This set is not even finished. They can change the item type at any point they want before live and who's to say they wont change it to a cloak.

Cause that already happened before?

Your talking about a potential of over 1000% increase to generator and multishot.

What about the 3000 dmg from firebird and Sunwoko's set? Why only DH's can't have it and need to stuck with Marauders forever?

Pair with spine of seething hatred and use twin chakrams as your generator...In the current iteration the set looks to have massive potential while still using double unity.

Spines of Seeing hatred doesn't turn Chakrams into a "natural" generator so the bonus won't apply for that since if you read the tooltips for skills you will know that. Also if you want to see that in action. Try using that gem that increases the dmg of your generators or even wear some depth diggers and see if chakram will get bonus dmg. So again chakram is not a generator but the quiver changes the skill to start generating some hatred that's all it happens.