Crafted Sets/Legendaries + Ancient legendaries

Items and Crafting
How will this work? It takes a lot of mats to craft Legs/sets. Is one supposed to keep crafting the same items over and over and hope one turns out to be a ancient item? does anyone know?
Great question!

While we can't say for sure how rare they'll be just yet (since they haven't been tested on the PTR), I can confirm that crafted Legendary and Set items will have a chance to roll as Ancient items, regardless of the difficulty in which you're crafting.
Good to hear. But how about Kalada and ancients? I'm of the opinion that the cream of the crop items should be drop only, but others disagree.
Oh, then not only will you have six random stats but random item tier on top of that, huh? Then, would you please at least be so kind and make some fixed rolls on crafted set already?

Or add a legendary consumable (rare like ramalama) that can be added in the crafting process that guarantees you at least ancient level.

Reason being is that I'm actually sick of crafting. it took me several hundred souls and only Greed knows masses of gold and other craft mats to get some decent set items from Haedrig. With six random stats which can roll a load of bull at times, most crafted gear feels insta-salvage for me and the process itself takes too much time when you craft several units in a row.

I'm not even discussing gem crafting here, which is simply a dumb timekiller that prevents me from actually playing the game. Instead I can walk my dog or do some shopping while Shen takes his time to process hundreds gems. Just remove this waste of time already and allow mass crafting in one go.
11/11/2014 03:08 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Great question!

While we can't say for sure how rare they'll be just yet (since they haven't been tested on the PTR), I can confirm that crafted Legendary and Set items will have a chance to roll as Ancient items, regardless of the difficulty in which you're crafting.

That's cool, was also wondering.

11/11/2014 03:33 PMPosted by UncleTouchy
Good to hear. But how about Kalada and ancients? I'm of the opinion that the cream of the crop items should be drop only, but others disagree.

It would make Kadala very lackluster.
Bloodshard value would drop considerably and they are part of the progression scheme.
that does not make sense, I thought ancient was a drop not crafted
11/11/2014 03:43 PMPosted by Bombus
Bloodshard value would drop considerably and they are part of the progression scheme.
Not true. Bloodshards would still serve as a backbone for characters that need an item or that need their initial sets.

Kadala would have a place, but the ULTIMATE place would be from drops. That would fit a progression scheme perfectly fine. Whites > Blues > Rares > Legendaries (Kadala & drops) > Sets (Kadala & drops) > Ancients (drops).

But I can definitely understand people wanting to continue to use Kadala for ancient items. She is, by and large, the easiest method to gearing up. And people like easy.
11/11/2014 03:47 PMPosted by UnReal
that does not make sense, I thought ancient was a drop not crafted
If Ancient items did not extend to crafted items, you'd have some pieces that would never be Ancient that are still highly useful.
Aughild's is very useful. It'd be even more useful with 30% more armor and more stats.
Cain's is very useful.
Captain Crimson's is very useful.
Reaper's Wraps is very useful.

If these items immediately get relegated to not being Ancient, it means that they will become utterly useless. There would be no point to Aughild's Shoulders as immediately an Ancient version of something currently "useless" like Vile Ward would always be better.
Great question!

Ooooh, that is good information!
Great question!

So instead of crafting the same item 20 times for a decently usable version of that item, now I can expect to craft the same item 200+ times for a decently usable version of that item. I'm bursting at the seams with enthusiasm for Ancient Items.
Great question!

Blizzcon: Ancient weapons are designed to compete against set items.

Blizzard devs: Set items can be ancient weapons.

11/11/2014 05:23 PMPosted by Tohki
Great question!

So instead of crafting the same item 20 times for a decently usable version of that item, now I can expect to craft the same item 200+ times for a decently usable version of that item. I'm bursting at the seams with enthusiasm for Ancient Items.

You mean: You have to craft even more to get a perfect item. And that the ceiling for perfect will be raised.

It's a grinder. I guess you know that, but still it's almost as if you don't.
How much do you craft anyway?
And how much souls do you have?
I got 20. Never got above 100, I spend them.
I bet you have thousands, you strike me as a guy who does.
And yet you think you can't afford it.
You are unreasonable.

11/11/2014 04:00 PMPosted by CyberGoat
11/11/2014 03:43 PMPosted by Bombus
Not true. Bloodshards would still serve as a backbone for characters that need an item or that need their initial sets.

Bloodshards is not a starters currency, it follows you to the end.

It is true that the value would drop considerably, regardless of your following argumentation.
I can see the validity of what you are writing, but not that it is untrue that bloodshard value would drop.

But I can definitely understand people wanting to continue to use Kadala for ancient items. She is, by and large, the easiest method to gearing up. And people like easy.

She's the only way of targeting items.

11/11/2014 04:04 PMPosted by CyberGoat
If these items immediately get relegated to not being Ancient, it means that they will become utterly useless. There would be no point to Aughild's Shoulders as immediately an Ancient version of something currently "useless" like Vile Ward would always be better.

Agreed.
Except the reason for using Aughilds gear is the set bonuses. You can't get that with other legendary items.
11/11/2014 06:12 PMPosted by Bombus
You mean: You have to craft even more to get a perfect item. And that the ceiling for perfect will be raised.

It's a grinder. I guess you know that, but still it's almost as if you don't.
How much do you craft anyway?
And how much souls do you have?
I got 20. Never got above 100, I spend them.
I bet you have thousands, you strike me as a guy who does.
And yet you think you can't afford it.
You are unreasonable.

I'm unreasonable because you've assumed that I have thousands of souls sitting in my stash. How delusional are these D3 fanboys?

You're conflating "quickest" with "easiest". Anything pertaining to making an item drop has nothing to do with "easy" vs "difficult". It's RNG, it's either "lucky" or "tedious". Between being lucky with RNG or suffering through tedium with RNG, players are going to prefer lucky if only because it's not tedium.

That's why people like Kadala, she cuts the tedium of finding specific pieces of gear. Pull your pretentious head out of your !@#$.
11/11/2014 03:33 PMPosted by UncleTouchy
Good to hear. But how about Kalada and ancients?

Good question! The current plan is for Ancient items to also be obtainable from Kadala. The chance for this to occur has yet to be tested on the PTR, so (like all things) it could change based on player feedback and our internal data.
I disagree with both OP and the bluepost.

You should never get that powerful items from something as trivial as collecting death's breath or forgotten souls. No unless those Ancient crafted items require something as hard to get as Ramaladni's gift.

Remember that "Rarity = Power"?
Pull your pretentious head out of your !@#$.[/quote]

= where the sun don't shine lol

Crafted gear was supposed to be "starting gear". "Ancient starting gear" defeats its purpose.
11/12/2014 03:24 PMPosted by Salzwer

Crafted gear was supposed to be "starting gear". "Ancient starting gear" defeats its purpose.

Craft gear can be starting gear its a choice, however ppl still use craft gear and face roll T6 and also used in GR (eg.Aughild's) so imo it will not defeat starting gear purpose.
11/12/2014 03:36 PMPosted by FireBlade
Craft gear can be starting gear its a choice, however ppl still use craft gear and face roll T6 and also used in GR (eg.Aughild's) so imo it will not defeat starting gear purpose.

The problem is rooted on "legendary items". When something is hard to find, it can be legendary. When you can make 100 in a row, it's not legendary anymore. Anything rooted over that doesn't deserver the Legendary^2 threatment IMO.