PTR

General Discussion
Is anyone having problems the PTR? Let me know. I am getting a message that a new patch needs to be installed and it closes out the game and the patch will be automatically applied. But I have been getting this message since last night.

I went ahead and uninstalled the PTR and re-installed the PTR and I am getting the same message. Shouldn't it be showing a new patch download or something? Cause if so it's not showing anything.
There is no PTR right now. I'm not sure what you're downloading and patching.
I have seen 2 -3 people post about not getting the ptr to work

only question I have is, why are you even trying
because there is no post anywhere that ptr is even going to be up before next year
To be exact, this is what it says.

Patch Required

"A new patch for Diablo III is available. The game will now close and apply the patch automatically. You will be able to continue playing after the patch has been applied."
PTR isn't open.
Oh okay. I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
Launcher should have PTR tab (under Region/Account) grayed out until it is available.
11/12/2014 02:41 PMPosted by Understray
PTR isn't open.

That is correct!

The PTR for patch 2.1.2 is not yet available. We're looking to launch it sometime this month (which may change depending on our development schedule). When the PTR does go live, we'll post our usual "PTR Now Available" message on the front page and on the current set of PTR patch notes.
11/12/2014 04:13 PMPosted by Tyvalir
PTR isn't open.

That is correct!

The PTR for patch 2.1.2 is not yet available. We're looking to launch it sometime this month (which may change depending on our development schedule). When the PTR does go live, we'll post our usual "PTR Now Available" message on the front page and on the current set of PTR patch notes.

Do we even need a patch for such a small addition? It's 1 map, a few monsters, and a few items. No system changes at all. It's not even 2.2. It's 2.1.2. Two decimals!!!
Public test for such a small patch,,,,i guess they let the public do all the work,,then dont listen to the feed back anyways...total waste of time.
11/12/2014 04:23 PMPosted by KillerMagoo
That is correct!

Do we even need a patch for such a small addition? It's 1 map, a few monsters, and a few items. No system changes at all. It's not even 2.2. It's 2.1.2. Two decimals!!!

Even if it seems small, patches usually come with bug fixes, skill changes/balancing, UI tweaks, etc. that aren't mentioned until the patch arrives.
PTR isn't open.

That is correct!

So much for the '' very soon '' comment i guess than.
please bring the PTR out ASAP! We're all already hyped up for it!
11/12/2014 04:50 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
please bring the PTR out ASAP! We're all already hyped up for it!

whats in it?
Yeah this is crap news. We go from "very soon" to sometime this month - "maybe"
11/12/2014 04:37 PMPosted by Esspay
That is correct!

So much for the '' very soon '' comment i guess than.

Considering past experiences, PTR happening this month would be "very soon", relatively speaking.
11/12/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Understray

Even if it seems small, patches usually come with bug fixes, skill changes/balancing, UI tweaks, etc. that aren't mentioned until the patch arrives.

Everything except the bug fixes should be mentioned ahead of time. Why tell us about some silly monsters when it's skill changes that affect the gameplay so much more?
11/12/2014 07:40 PMPosted by ElevenEleven
11/12/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Understray

Everything except the bug fixes should be mentioned ahead of time. Why tell us about some silly monsters when it's skill changes that affect the gameplay so much more?

They're probably just not 100% sure what all is going to be ready in the patch. Anything seen before-hand is guaranteed to be in and ready to test/play. I could be wrong, though.
Translation to blue post:

PTR is not yet available.
PTR date is set to very soon. Maybe this month, maybe this year.
Calm down, there will be annoucement.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Remember this:
Season end = annoucement of season end + 30 days
Ann. of season end = date between ptr start

Real Season end = from now to february.
11/12/2014 10:45 PMPosted by Kicksaw
Real Season end = from now to february.

I throw in a bet for March