Here I'll Say It For Everyone

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/14/2014 09:41 AMPosted by Alkmaar
11/14/2014 09:38 AMPosted by Cross
Kadala is fail, you are all fools to think that she will give you something good, its all a waste of time. Better off farming beyond the rift guardian rather than closing the rift.

If you people had half a brain you would know that Greater Rift Guardians drop more blood shards than regular rift guardians, so your efficiency fails too, way to be pro!

You're perhaps one of the most ignorant people to post here today.

And that is not an easy task.
11/14/2014 08:47 AMPosted by Bootytime
Rift stones are expensive

Eh? Last I checked, bounty caches took like 5 minutes to get. Isn't that like 5-6 keystones for the completed set of bounties plus whatever the cache gives you? Not sure why you're taking 6-8 hours to farm these, but I strongly suggest looking for ways to enhance your efficiency. Heck, If I dedicated all that time just for bounties, I wouldn't have to do them again till a few months after.

Perhaps you should also look for like-minded folks in a community or something. Pubs are free for all land, after all.
11/14/2014 08:57 AMPosted by SteLitY
The majority of people find it easy to get rift stones. Try farming them in normal mode if it's hard for you.

Yeah. I just sold 700 Rift Keystones to the vendor to make room for the 400 I kept.

I think OP needs to play another part of the game that isn't Rifts.

Rift stones are expensive, no one likes spending 6 or 8 hours farming rift keystones just so you can go blow your wad as quickly as possible

Really. If you just ran a few T6 Bounties, you'd get all the Rift Keystones you could use, and you would never run out.
If your one of those rift players who pulls a Carl Lewis and bolts back to New Tristam as soon as the Rift Guardian is dead to turn in your POOP 28 million experience points--

GO PLAY A PRIVATE GAME. No one (hardly anyone) wants YOU in the group. Rift stones are expensive, no one likes spending 6 or 8 hours farming rift keystones just so you can go blow your wad as quickly as possible. Your not "upping" your chances of getting a legendary off a guardian, in fact id argue you'd get more if you took the time to kill everything in the rift as possible.

I hate you type of players.

i don't think they are going for the "upping" of their chances with the guardian, i think they are going for the chances of "upping" from kadala lol
I have an idea. Ask first.
Rift = shards. That is all.
I myself will continue to fight until someone closes it. Honestly you should close the rift and get your reward as soon as possible. What if there's a bug and you get disconnected from the game? What if a power outage occurs? Thunderstorms. Blizzards ;D. I'm tempted to go rifting and close them when done now so we can get a new one up.

Well I would do that if I wasn't playing heroes of the storm ;D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1wf737i2qg7x43/Screenshot2014-11-06%2019_57_13.jpg?dl=0
If your one of those rift players who pulls a Carl Lewis and bolts back to New Tristam as soon as the Rift Guardian is dead to turn in your POOP 28 million experience points--

GO PLAY A PRIVATE GAME. No one (hardly anyone) wants YOU in the group. Rift stones are expensive, no one likes spending 6 or 8 hours farming rift keystones just so you can go blow your wad as quickly as possible. Your not "upping" your chances of getting a legendary off a guardian, in fact id argue you'd get more if you took the time to kill everything in the rift as possible.

i can feel your hatred.

Kinda makes me feel good inside.
I play by this rule, ( In my best James Earl Jones voice).
" HE WHO OPENS THE RIFT, GETS TO CLOSE THE RIFT ".
If I want to close the rift, and I did not open it, I ask first.
If someone closes the rift, that I opened, I just ask them not to do that next time, if they do it again.
I leave. No big deal, really.

Did you ask the group what their preference was before playing?
Is this a joke? takes like 15 mins to get 30 fragments.

Nevermind endless discussion threads about this and how closing is more efficient.
If you have problems farming key frags then you're doing it wrong.

Also i'd just like to point out, you are upping your chances faster of getting leges because of bloodshards, one of the MAIN ways to farm full sets.

get over it
Yeah, that's right, everyone should follow the law that says you should not close a rift right after killing its boss! oh? what was that? there isn't such a rule? then go play in private games you idiot.
in fact id argue you'd get more if you took the time to kill everything in the rift as possible.

You'd be wrong
11/14/2014 08:57 AMPosted by SteLitY
I think this should be something you should say to yourself. If you don't want your rift to be closed after RG is dead, go make your own private game. The majority of people find it easy to get rift stones. Try farming them in normal mode if it's hard for you.

This guy summed it up the best. If you hate people closing your Rifts, go make a damn Private Game fool. I use public games as a non-Emo way of grinding rift stones. Solo games are just too sad and boring. Then again, I'm also usually carrying people majority of the time with my insta-Jade nukes so no one really complains.
This topic is as old as RoS itself. I have been torn back and forth on the subject, and I can see benefits to both closing immediately after RG or clearing. If you are after blood shards and blood shards alone, then by all means, closing right after RG death is the best way to go. But.

Consider the fact that rifts are very high density, and the way the game is currently set up, legendary drop rates are higher within rifts. Time spent outside of the rift farming keys and whatnot is largely a waste. Also, I have never seen a pack of treasure goblins spawn outside of the rifts. I'm not saying that every monster needs to be killed and every pot smashed, but I think it is worth it to at least run to the teleport at the lowest level of the dungeon. If your group is killing stuff at blazing speeds anyways, it wouldn't hurt to take a few extra minutes to go to the end.
Your not "upping" your chances of getting a legendary off a guardian

That is true. But, that is also not the point.

You get far more legendaries from Kadala than from drops, and they are targeted. So while you waste your time clearing a rift, I will town port and shut the rift. Not for the exp, not for the gold, not for the finding of more or less drops. But for the blood shards, I and many others will close the damn rift and keep moving on.

On a different note. Rifts cost 1 key.. Suck it up and get over yourself.
people actually play in public games?

unbelievable! I learned something new today!
The drop to 1 fragment per player made little sense. The issue was never 5 fragments being too much, it was that freeloaders would never open a rift, and thus have no cost. Making the cost 5 per player would have been a much better solution.
GO PLAY A PRIVATE GAME.

No, you go play a private game.

Rift stones are expensive, no one likes spending 6 or 8 hours farming rift keystones just so you can go blow your wad as quickly as possible.

Then you are quite possibly the most inept player I have ever heard of. It takes you 8 hours to farm them? Pathetic indeed. I can farm over 100 an hour in a group on Normal difficulty. So in 8 hours, I could have nearly 1000 of them.

Learn how to farm them and you wont have to come here crying about how expensive they are. I literally have over 2000 of them.

They have made them very easy to get and reduced the Rift cost from 5 to 1. How much cheaper do you want them?

Your not "upping" your chances of getting a legendary off a guardian, in fact id argue you'd get more if you took the time to kill everything in the rift as possible.

We are doing Rifts for the Blood Shards. Nothing else. I will pick up my 3-4 Legendaries on avergae per run along the way. Since only the RG drops them, it's pointless to keep going.

The only maps I will full clear, are the Jail and Cemetary, due to their Elite density.

to turn in your POOP 28 million experience points--

I make over 60 million XP per turn in. Then again, I run T6 and you don't. That's another one of your problems.

Gimp your progress all you want. Just don't get butthurt if someone in a PUBLIC game closes the Rift. Play PRIVATE games with like minded people from now on and you wont have to come here crying about it.

I am however nice if the rest of the group wants to full clear. I will just leave the game. But if only two stay in the Rift, too bad so sad, it's being closed. I'll also close if you come back and sell after the RG is dead.