Firechains Are Way Out of Bounds

General Discussion
Just saying....

You can be tooling along just fine, and an Elite with Firechans just has to touch you with them, and you are dead.

What's really going on here?

Steve Austin
"Fire bad" - Frankensteins monster
11/16/2014 11:38 PMPosted by StoneCold
Just saying....

You can be tooling along just fine, and an Elite with Firechans just has to touch you with them, and you are dead.

Steve Austin

My Thorns Sader eats Fire Chains for breakfast,she does more than melt them,they implode on contact.. there one second .... gone the next.She's not even a complete build yet.

Can't kill most other !@#$e though,but meh. lolo

=P
Just saying....

Steve Austin

Aaaaaah... fire chains... my old nemesis. For the longest time I couldn't figure out how to avoid them with my Monk... but then I had a revelation, if was in a form of Kevin Spacey telling me to go back to CoD. I tried over the weekend and what do you know.... no fire chains. Success.

On a serious note, it is one of the few affixes in D3 that I worry about. That fire amulet will do the trick but I cannot make room since I need that space for my MKG set.
and thats why you should have one escape spell or crowd control. (fast + fire chains still sucks)
11/17/2014 12:30 AMPosted by Cryptic
and thats why you should have one escape spell or crowd control. (fast + fire chains still sucks)

heh Vortex/teleport elite cooldown says .... no
11/17/2014 12:05 AMPosted by Miki
On a serious note, it is one of the few affixes in D3 that I worry about. That fire amulet will do the trick but I cannot make room since I need that space for my MKG set.
You could if you wanted.Sunwuko's only requires 3 pieces with Royal Ring, and you can skip out on the amulet. Wear head/shoulders/gloves.

You'd have to give up something. That's gear selection. And honestly, 4 pc blackthorne is just meh.
11/17/2014 12:30 AMPosted by Cryptic

Winged Assassins in Realm of the Banished. Meh.
fire chains are really really bad ^^

that is nothing new though.

There is a reason why all top ranked barbs sport a fire immunity amulet.
11/17/2014 01:43 AMPosted by OldPro
Just wondering why you never post from your D3 account. Honestly, it's nothing to be ashamed of...
Here's a list of reasons:
#1 That's not my primary account. It's the free account I got with WoW. I play that one solo, but primarily I play another account with my wife.
#2 I dislike the forum avatar for D3.
#3 People know me under this name. Been posting since prior to D3v release.
11/17/2014 04:03 AMPosted by CyberGoat
11/17/2014 01:43 AMPosted by OldPro
Just wondering why you never post from your D3 account. Honestly, it's nothing to be ashamed of...
Here's a list of reasons:
#1 That's not my primary account. It's the free account I got with WoW. I play that one solo, but primarily I play another account with my wife.
#2 I dislike the forum avatar for D3.
#3 People know me under this name. Been posting since prior to D3v release.

Well, I don't know about that avatar. Granted it's not the Diablo beta_avatar that we still have 2 1/2 years after release, but it looks like some weird eyeball or something...
Just saying....

Steve Austin

Not sure how that's a problem for SoftCore players, but ok.
11/17/2014 12:29 PMPosted by Shadovex
Just saying....

Steve Austin

Not sure how that's a problem for SoftCore players, but ok.

Hey! Just because we are not big, tough, courageous, fearless even, highly accomplished, skillful, tenacious, and worship-worthy like all you hard-core players, it's still annoying to be vaporized by an Elite affix whose damage isn't balanced for the level of play.

Why do you think I don't have the right to be annoyed by that?

By the way, that's a rhetorical question; it requires no actual answer, even if you might feel you're not too high and mighty to answer it, which I doubt.
You're worried about fire chains? o.O I mean... Maybe if you're a barb that makes sense, but when I'm on any other class it's really no problem.

The only big ones that affect me are jailer, electrify and reflect damage simply because they do too much damage in an incredibly short period of time.
I used to enjoy killing elites with fire chains using Punish/Roar on my crusader. The animation would fire off very quickly and it was a race between my damage output and my HP. But last patch I think they made it so fire chains are no longer blockable. Sigh....
11/17/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Omnyth
You're worried about fire chains? o.O I mean... Maybe if you're a barb that makes sense, but when I'm on any other class it's really no problem.

The only big ones that affect me are jailer, electrify and reflect damage simply because they do too much damage in an incredibly short period of time.

That's interesting, and I suppose it points to different play styles, but I have always ignored Reflect Damage, except from Siegebreaker. His is definitely a killer.

I also have learned to simply gear for Thunderstorm and ignore it as well, Since you can't avoid it, I see no point in running from it. That probably helps me with Jailer as well.

But! I have to qualify all of the above by saying that I don't really do GRifts except to level gems, I don't see a reason to go over 25 for me, so 30 is about my limit.
11/17/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Omnyth

The thing is the behavior of enemies with fire chains. And this happens if you're any kind of channeling build that has to stand in one spot in order to attack.

One of the members of the fire chain pack will always run past you and then around you, sweeping you with the fire chains in the process. When I see that coming, I can move and stay on the outside of the pack so that the fire chains are between the closest and outermost members.

But with everything else going on, I sometimes lose track until I get zapped, and it just takes one touch, and I'm instantly dead. As far as I'm concerned, that's OP.
OP: +1. Yet another example of the monster centric bias of the current game management.
Well, I'm not playing GRifts as high as some of you but whatever I play, I take my little Enchantress along. It's hard to hold fire chains when you're a chicken. ;-)